The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Sands of Inaros Graphical Feedback Thread

DE_Adam

Update 18.5 brings several major graphical overhauls to Warframe's lighting and particle FX.  Due to the comprehensive nature of this update we understand that there may be some graphical issues lurking under the dunes of Phobos.

Please provide any potential issues or general feedback you have on our latest graphical update in this thread.

Thanks for your help, Tenno!

Soooo.... about that PBR update on some Dojo assets....Something went TERRIBLY wrong .Also I'm experiencing a terrible stutter though as you can see my fps is over 60. Ignoring all that it looks amazing so far, the colors now look so... alive.

Spoiler

MgtysLO.jpg

Spoiler

H06XuyB.jpg

Spoiler

JcjatmR.jpg

Edited by Ryuukiko

You are not alone.

Post update my FPS has tanked from butter smooth minutes prior to deployment.

I know there has been a lot of visual gloss added into this update but something is amiss. I am running an i7 and a GTX 970 so have ample horsepower. 

I'm getting horrific FPS drops regardless of graphics settings, but mostly only when my camera is moving.  Could this be related to the Tootle thing that Steve was talking about on Twitter that was supposed to "reduce overdraw"?  It's as if it were taking more effort to decide what to render than it might actually take to just render it.  I notice really high FPS when I'm still though - it looks nice.  But I'd enjoy this a lot more if this issue could be looked at.

This new lighting is completely messed up for me, it's either eye bleeding bright or broken lighting. Turning down the brightness doesn't help the "lens flair" effects all over the place. It's giving me a pretty bad headache trying to play this game right now.

Here are my PC specs:

CPU: i7-3770k

GPU: R9 390x (xfx)

Display: Asus vg248qe

Drivers: AMD Crimson 15.30.1025.1001-151204a-296874C

Warframe Settings:

Refresh Rate: 144 Hz

Max FPS: 144

Display Mode: Borderless Fullscreen

Vsync: On

Details/Quality/Textures: High

Amisotropic Filtering: 8X

Trilinear Filtering: On

Anti-Aliasing: High (SMAA)

Everything Else: On/Default (Colour Correction is off)

Spoiler

2llgjsj.jpg

Spoiler

2uszr10.jpg

Edited by Aucun

Okay yeah, my framerate is tanking for no reason.  I spent all of 10+ minutes in a T2 Survival with single digit fps and over 1k ms, which fixed itself magically at the 15-ish minute mark or so.

Then I tried doing a Mobile Defense and got 2k ms before Warframe crashed on me.  For some reason this update is tanking my FPS when normally I got basically stutter only rarely.

Yeah, the update is cool. but the fps is just horrible.. I've tried putting all of my settings to minimal and i still run at 5 fps...

prior to the update i was able to run on mid settings 40fps..

i have a really bad PC, and no money to burn.. so it would be really nice if you could fix this issue..

Its become unplayable. It goes from better then I had before to soemthing slower then a slideshow. No setting changes seem to have any effect, and no enviroment seems to be the cause as the same tile goes from butter smooth to morse code and back.

And then I run a mission wo any problems at all. No clue where to even start figuring out what to do.

Edited by Chtulie