The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Sands of Inaros Graphical Feedback Thread

DE_Adam

Literally unplayable. I was playing a deception mission with my volt, stealth killed one grineer and poof. Crash. 

I have a GTX 660, if it is any help. Before the update, all of my settings were on high, and it ran fine. Now I lag insanely.

2 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

Pre 18.5.1

After 18.5.0 My game still ran smooth. But ever since you introduced the Hotfix, the game has become unplayable. I get major FPS drops in the missions I run as of late (so far grineer).

Updated my Graphics Driver, have to see how it plays out in the long run. So far seems stable now.

40 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Pre 18.5.1

After 18.5.0 My game still ran smooth. But ever since you introduced the Hotfix, the game has become unplayable. I get major FPS drops in the missions I run as of late (so far grineer).

am also having terrible fps drops since the 18.5.1 hotfix,

the fps drops seems to be related to the number of enemy projectiles, ill test it tomorrow with Loki.

Edited by Crimson_V

Game either runs good or better than before, or is the choppiest game imaginable, basicly unplayable. I noticed issues for me occur randomly when I have youtube playing in the background. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, very inconsistent.

I hope this issues will be ironed out, since I like listening to podcasts while playing.

Not only FPS drop, new visual and lighting system SO MUCH UGLY. Why a good game always finds a way to ruin the game? This visual system is.. I've nothing to say anymore. Thanks DE for ruining this awesome game. Revert the visual and lighting updates back or you will lose many players just because of this. (I quit game until these changes are reverted.) 

Im having low texture graphics and lights & particles seems just does not exist anymore i tried to set all graphics to low and reset to the supported settings but nothing changes appart the floor reflections, im not having fps issues but i have the game in windowed mode to 1280x800 75hz that lets me having all graphic settings to high without having minimal lags. In full screen at 1440x900 75hz i always had mouse cursor goig with a like lower sensivity and the whole game being little laggy, but i had these problem from when i bought this new pc not from the patch 18.5 Please DE fix the bugs i know you will. :)

System: i7 3,60 Ghz QuadCore Processor, eNvidia GeForce GTX 745 6 Gb DDR3, Kingston Ram 8 Gb DDR3

Hotfix did nothing. Have same issue as before: as soon as I get anywhere close to enemies - slideshow starts, unless all effects you can turn off via game menus are turned off and in that case game still has slight FPS issues, although prior to the u18.5 had no such problems whatsoever. Also after verifying the download cache launcher checks for an "new content" and still starts downloading something the size of 144.7MB, which I still presume should not happen.

Updating all drivers and verifying as well as optimizing download cache did nothing. 

System:

- CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core; 

- Random 8gb RAM (seems to be working just fine for other games)

- GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForece GTX 950

When I was playing yesterday, I was having problems with the fps. At first the game was barely playable at 20fps (which is still better than what other people are getting). I played with the settings and restarted; then it ran at an average of 45fps with sudden drops and spikes especially in spy vault rooms. I then tried a sortie mission solo and used a lot of gear and eventually failed. At that point, instead of being returned to the orbiter, I stayed in the mission and it froze sort of. After restarting again, it ran fine. 

Edited by Potato_Ninja

I don't call that permanent fog as an improvement, it's really annoyng during the gameplay, expecially with pc with low-mid specs.

What is the sense to improve the details, lights and FX effects and cover them with fogs? WTF...

Same story for the increased memory/cpu usage compared to the previous one.

5 hours ago, Crimson_V said:

am also having terrible fps drops since the 18.5.1 hotfix,

the fps drops seems to be related to the number of enemy projectiles, ill test it tomorrow with Loki.

Are you running DirectX11 and 10? Try disabling DirectX10. Please report your findings.

To enable/disable DirectX, click the cogwheel in your launcher.

Overall I'm loveing what you guys did with the materials in the game!

BUT.

And it's a big ol' but.

I am encountering insane, almost blinding oversaturation. And Fiddling with the setting isn't helping. (Yes even though I am ashamed to adit i spent almost an hour on tweaking the graphics siwth no avail.)

Since the update, my usual settings have me at an fps of 3 and the game becomes unplayable. I've had to abort missions several times due to immense fps drops. I've lowered my settings and will see if that helps out. Likewise, I've seen some Kubrow dens texture become black. Also, I think earth has an overproduction of fog since the update though I'm not sure if it's only earth that has that. 

Corpus Lockers look a bit Cell Shaded now, they don't match the rest of the game.
qZgPVQp.png

Supra also seems screwed up. main body is always completely blacked out.
(pls stop autoembedding everything, jesus christ)

gfycat.com/ColorfulImpossibleBinturong

more importantly for me:
the entire game feels like Digital Vibrance is at 90%. no setting adjustment helps with this. everything looks like a box a freaking Crayola Crayons.

Blur Reflections doesn't seem to do anything? i can't tell any difference whether on or off. Bloom as well.
above user suggests Bloom only works with Adaptive Exposure - which would explain why Bloom doesn't do anything for me, but i don't want Adaptive Exposure on.... because then my screen is constantly flashing like a strobe light because the game is a strobe light.

has been a thing for quite some time but i'll mention it here while i'm at it anyways - Tar MOA Tar Pools can cause severe performance drops. between 34% and 67% performance loss give or take.

Equipment lists in the Arsenal (choosing a Warframe/Weapon) is a bit blurry. even running in a Window with a standard Resolution and fiddling with Aspect (either Auto/16:9) still looks blurry). rest of the menus like it seem fine though.
well, the Trading Menus have been totally screwed up for quite some time, super skewed and blurry.

after changing Resolution, text kerning and Anti-Aliasing / Et Cetera gets screwed up on the entire Options menu. requires game restart to fix.

there's no Chat UI option to disable the suggestion menus. i don't want to see le maymay's and i don't want the game forcing me to navigate a menu if i happen to type a character it thinks is a le maymay.
i don't want to be forced to type twice as slow for other people to be able to spam meme's in chat.  (also good job there, you added Emoticons - but ofcourse like everyone else call them emoji's even though they're Emoticons, so now all of your public Chat channels are just Twitch Chat and will forever be useless spam).

still want to be able to have an option for my Camera, not my Character but my Camera, control the self Arrow direction on the Map. 

a Slider for Bloom - good start, still waiting on Depth of Field and Motion Blur to have Sliders as well. (Sliders in general really need to have markers on them / show a Percentage to the side so people can make reference points... instead of 'uhh i use it at somewhere'.
and still waiting to be able to use SMAA T2x :)

Edit:
however, Performance hasn't changed at all from as of right this second (0130 Hours Mar.7) to before 18.5. hasn't gone down atleast, i wouldn't notice increases most of the time.
i see Performance complaints on very much not low end machines, so idunno.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/taiiat/saved/8fLQzy

Edited by taiiat

Fantastic job guys, no complaints here, no problems.  The game looks more detailed and just generally more spiffy.  The Void is looking majestic again (it was looking like a tinfoil easter egg for a while after the initial pbr-ing).  Frames and weapons are beautifully detailed.  Bloom is pleasant, other fx are great.

Fantastic!