Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change download server?

ShikiRen

Question

Hello guys,

so I'm currently trying to download the update, and I get a maximum of like 150 kb/s. I did a speedcheck and it said i should get 800 kb/s to 1.2 mb/s, and while I know that the servers are propably under a huge load right now, a friend of mine is currently downloading with over 3mb/s. So my question is if there is any way to manually change the download server the client is pulling the update from, because, frankly, me being redirected either via a bad route or to a downloadserver on the other side of the globe are the only thing that would explain this. Especially since lately all the updates have been slow as molasses.

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

Hello guys,

so I'm currently trying to download the update, and I get a maximum of like 150 kb/s. I did a speedcheck and it said i should get 800 kb/s to 1.2 mb/s, and while I know that the servers are propably under a huge load right now, a friend of mine is currently downloading with over 3mb/s. So my question is if there is any way to manually change the download server the client is pulling the update from, because, frankly, me being redirected either via a bad route or to a downloadserver on the other side of the globe are the only thing that would explain this. Especially since lately all the updates have been slow as molasses.

None of us can change anything about the way the servers prioritize our requests and download speeds.

Just be patient, Tenno.

Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

55 minutes ago, Prodishyy said:

Same happening here. It isn't fair when your internet is capable of more than just 50-100 kb/s.

Ridiculous.

Thing is, it worked fine a couple of updates back, but I've never gone over 150 kbs ever since. I'm almost thinking it connects me with a US server or something, because this is stupid, especially since a friend 2 blocks away downloads with full speed.