The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incredible frame drop after 18.5

VSquadBlood

Question

I was SUPER hyped when this update came out. New graphics, a bunch a new stuff, etc. I have a beefy computer (Cost $2,000 to BUILD. Yea.) Used to run, AT THE LOWEST, in any missions, highest settings, 200 frames. Now, I'm running at 50 frames in void missions. What even happened......

6 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, VSquadBlood said:

I was SUPER hyped when this update came out. New graphics, a bunch a new stuff, etc. I have a beefy computer (Cost $2,000 to BUILD. Yea.) Used to run, AT THE LOWEST, in any missions, highest settings, 200 frames. Now, I'm running at 50 frames in void missions. What even happened......

Optimisations will follow with the row of usual hotfixes after a big update with graphical improvements, Tenno. As always.

Please read the 18.5 patchnotes for more informations about why you may encounter some loss of performance.

Thread Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

I was having similar problems earlier. I had a solid 60 fps at highest settings pre 18.5. After the update, I was getting 5-10 fps with constant stuttering and freezes while in missions or even just walking around my Liset.

I read a few posts on Rediit and the Forums from people who were having similar problems and they suggested I disable dx10 and 64 bit mode from the launcher. I did that and the game seems to be running fine again.

It seems every-time I enter a new area, my game gets hit by a long fps spike.

At update 18.5 it was perfectly fine. (Much better than before, allows for new options.)

At update 18.5.1 it wasn't good at all. (Worse than before, gives less options.)

The only thing that could cause this is the HDR, which has been switched to 32bit compact format.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

I had the problem with low fps, freezing and stuttering. Start the loader, upper right corner, the gear. You will probably find both DX 10 & 11 unmarked. Choose one, some chose both, I went with DX 11. Pre 18.5 I averaged 30-35 fps. Now I hit 60 fps solidly. I cap it there.

13 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I had the problem with low fps, freezing and stuttering. Start the loader, upper right corner, the gear. You will probably find both DX 10 & 11 unmarked. Choose one, some chose both, I went with DX 11. Pre 18.5 I averaged 30-35 fps. Now I hit 60 fps solidly. I cap it there.

You, yes you, THANK YOU VERY MUCH