Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since when does ROF affect status chance?

Faulcun

I noticed it yesterday on my amprex. I saw the status chance was around 28.8, when it used to be 60-70%. Found out that taking off critical delay brings it up to 44%.  By putting on speed trigger, it increased it to 70%

Multishot no longer affects it, which i think somebody mentioned that it was a bug and wasnt supposed to affect it anyways. BUt my understanding was that status was supposed to be a flat chance per second, and not per shot.

I cannot seem to find these changes anywhere in the recent patch notes. This seems like its something that should have been mentioned, as some people may have forma'd some of their weapons specifically for a status build.

Fire rate affects status chance per second on continuous fire weapons only.  It has no effect on non continuous fire weapons status chances.

The reason that it affects the continuous fire weapons status chance per second is that it causes more 'shots' (for lack of better word) to be fired per second, meaning more damage ticks and with each tick a chance to proc a status effect, so it has the effect of raising your status per second.

It's also why status chance for continuous fire weapons can go above 100% status per second.

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Don't build beam weapons like Amprex or Atomos for status. The way status works with those beam weapons makes it nearly useless. You might as well build a status bow^^

ill have to mess with it again to be honest. I used to love the amprex because a blast proc would put entire groups of enemies on the ground and keep them there. I guess things have changed.

4 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Don't build beam weapons like Amprex or Atomos for status. The way status works with those beam weapons makes it nearly useless. You might as well build a status bow^^

The Daikyu (and I assume the Mutalist Cernos) built for Gas would like to have a word with you.

Also, the Ignis is terrifyingly viable with a status build.