The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Primary weapon

Charko

Question

13 answers to this question

Imo imperator is overall most balanced gun family in AW, mostly because their unlimited range and hitscan, and adequate power. Even common imperator with potatoe, 4 elements, damage and RoF mod will eat thru every enemy in AW in seconds. Farm vandal if you have patience. 

Gratler and fluctus are similar in concept, limited range, travel time but high damage. I find them more useful in sabotage /exterminates then in interceptions. Also, underwater. Cool guns, love them both, build at least one of them. They go well with itzal because you can get close and stay invisible, and they have one major advantage vs imperator - they will kill shield dragyins while imperator will kill everything easily but cannot penetrate shield dargyings. Also, these weapons are excellent vs bosses. 

For me it's Imperator Vandal, I do have forma in it. It is an all around weapon, high RoF, good damage, really accurate and it deals with enemies very quickly. Now against Jordas I use Grattler because it deals really good damage against him. Usually about 4-5k on crit, about 1.3k on non-crit and the high crit chance on it is really good for that. Not sure good in other archwing stuff because it is projectile and things move around a lot and you're going to miss them unless they have a back drop behind them that you can use the explosive aoe of it.

2 minutes ago, AIcatraz said:

For me it's Imperator Vandal, I do have forma in it. It is an all around weapon, high RoF, good damage, really accurate and it deals with enemies very quickly. Now against Jordas I use Grattler because it deals really good damage against him. Usually about 4-5k on crit, about 1.3k on non-crit and the high crit chance on it is really good for that. Not sure good in other archwing stuff because it is projectile and things move around a lot and you're going to miss them unless they have a back drop behind them that you can use the explosive aoe of it.

^ assuming the player was around during the event to be able to use it in the first place

i agree with  AM-Bunny.....Velo is actually really powerful and worth the potato......unless you did the event than imper vandal works perfectly

even the regular imperator works just well if youre flooded with potatos and archwing mods

I haven't crafted all of them yet but I enjoy the Velocitus a lot. I was expecting something more like a sniper but it's definitely my favourite regardless. The Grattler is nice too but the small magazine is a pain.

3 hours ago, sekushiiandee said:

^ assuming the player was around during the event to be able to use it in the first place

You can still get Imperator Vandal anytime a fomorian attack is present on relays. There was one on Mercury relay just a couple of weeks ago.

15 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Gratler and fluctus are similar in concept, limited range, travel time but high damage. I find them more useful in sabotage /exterminates then in interceptions. Also, underwater. Cool guns, love them both, build at least one of them. They go well with itzal because you can get close and stay invisible, and they have one major advantage vs imperator - they will kill shield dragyins while imperator will kill everything easily but cannot penetrate shield dargyings. Also, these weapons are excellent vs bosses. 

Since i just want to farm the golem and do raid, i think i'll go witht he Gratler.

Ty for the help ;) 

Depends on your Archwing honestly, I find different weapons pair better with different wings.

Ex-

Odanta/Odanta Prime- Imperator Vandal (Well rounded weapon that works with the wing's speed/powers)

Itzal- Grattler (Amazing gun, it's only downside is range, which is negated by teleporting) <--- My favorite

Elyton- Velocitus (Being able to tank more leaves more time for fully charged shots)

Velocitus is incredibly powerful, you just need to bind primary fire to mwheel up/down and (optional) have a mouse with free spin. 

Grattler is good too, high damage gun - if not for its horrid ammo consumption rate.

Fluctus has a lot of punch-through and a wide projectile which makes wiping out crowded enemies easy.

Imp Vandal is probably best all-around, and the easiest of them all to use - being hitscan and all. 

Edited by Reifnir