The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is WF worth playing again ?

BAD9eR

Question

ok so ive played WF for a long time , stopped at u18 because bad storyline changes / china frames ( dont anyone miss the mystique of pre emo kid WF?) The questionsim asking :

any serious nerfs since they killed saryn ?

is draco still the meta ?

is poopwing still a thing ?

and is the power creep real ?

cheers in advance :)

1 hour ago, Arenzo4 said:

It makes me a little sad that some peoples enjoyment of a game can be ruined by this

Yup, I don't understand at all how finding out that the Operator is an adolescent somehow makes people feel that the game is no longer worth playing. People are willing to throw away a great game with a ton of love and care poured into it and a fantastic, frenetic, fast-paced alliterative combat system for that? Really? Personally I found it incredibly refreshing to discover that I was playing a sci-fi game where I wasn't meant to be a grizzled, no-S#&$ space marine or a snarky tech-head with a barrel of one-liners deeper than his personality.

1 hour ago, Attley said:

Yup, I don't understand at all how finding out that the Operator is an adolescent somehow makes people feel that the game is no longer worth playing. People are willing to throw away a great game with a ton of love and care poured into it and a fantastic, frenetic, fast-paced alliterative combat system for that? Really? Personally I found it incredibly refreshing to discover that I was playing a sci-fi game where I wasn't meant to be a grizzled, no-S#&$ space marine or a snarky tech-head with a barrel of one-liners deeper than his personality.

The thing is - that's practically as much as some people can handle. If they're not a grizzled space marine, then it suddenly feels wrong and pulls them off the game. That's the reason why 80% of video game protagonists ARE grizzled middle-aged badasses that can kill a platoon of men without so much as a blink of an eye. It's sad, and it's arguably ruining the industry, but what can you do.

6 hours ago, BAD9eR said:

ok so ive played WF for a long time , stopped at u18 because bad storyline changes / china frames ( dont anyone miss the mystique of pre emo kid WF?)

I will never understand why players complain about Chinese frames, Warframe is basically an Asian themed game it has frigging ninjas, ninja weapons, you run around doing ninja stuff and you can have a clan and a dojo. If the game is proliferated with Japanese themed concepts and items why would the introduction of Chinese concepts and items be so shocking to the extent that people start complaining about it. \o/

Help me understand as it genuinely makes no sense to me.

Edited by viperveteran

4 hours ago, Attley said:

Honestly, 2nd Dream made me stop caring, and start refuting the lore. But it didn't stop me from playing. I still love the game, even with its lore IMO taking a turn directly south.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Honestly, 2nd Dream made me stop caring, and start refuting the lore. But it didn't stop me from playing. I still love the game, even with its lore IMO taking a turn directly south.

I thought it was a good turn... 

Warframe has been a constant in my life for the past 3 years...  I dont inow how to answer your question, I got 15 min to kill waiting on my wife to get ready, kill some Grineer, diner is in the oven, kill some Infested, drinking my morning coffee before work, better mow down some Corpus...

Its never not worth playing, I play a bunch of other games, but theres something thats just simple fun about Warframe, I like quests and junk when I really wanna sit down and play but otherwise load up a survival/defense mission or something and just slice up thousands of enemies...  There is something so morbidly zen about seeing a bunch of dudes disappear into space dust as I cut them in twine while channeling. 

Well, I have returned after a years break and I am enjoying the game. A lot has changed. Lol, I was running around asking this excal guy what the sword he used was (he didn't answer me), only to discover later that excals abilities had changed and he was using the new 4 ability, hehe.

I still have to do the 2nd dream quest, to see the reveal of the operator, but i've been busy helping some friends who are new to the game.

Anyway, point being, I would say that the game is worth playing.