The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros, what a guy, huh? (build, tips, style)

ThorienKELL

DE, you magnificent bastards, you did it again. Yet another powerful, unique and fun frame from your kitchen! One would think that you'll run out ideas, in a case of lesser developer this might be the case, but not you guys, not you.

How to play:

Inaros is Egyptian themed warframe with no shield and massive energy pool that he uses as resource. In first you wan't be sure what  to do with this guy. He is ... peculiar. No obvious strengths or too useful powers. Inaros is in short immortal cc tank. His bread and butter are his 1 and 4. 1 is incredibly useful cheap cone cc skill (like banshee's 1) which blinds enemies and opens them to melee finishers, which heal you for massive amounts then (1000+HP). His 4 is activated /filled from his health pool, it's like gun you have to charge but being really useful in meantime, granting you 100% of armor that won't go away with damage or fall from heights. You can discharge it 25% at time for contagious damage /cc skill that can incapacitate unlimited number of tightly packed enemies for a long time, devouring them alive. Using his 1 are are denial and 4 as group cc, you will hold vast areas of map under your control with ease. 

Other powers?

His 3 is cc sandstorm which will toss enemies around like zephyr's ult. Imo this is most useful when enemies are on open map close to abyss. It's situational skill. His 2 is slow, not really necessary for healing by amazing 1 and sand wraith you create lasts not for long. If minion was permanent (even if weak), skill would perhaps be more useful. 

Weapons.

Dagger with covert lethality is recommended. This way you can kill unlimited level of enemies in one hit. Ceramic dagger is imo best - it is fastest, has V in aura for pointed wind stance and additional v for covert lethality. I have tested karyst too, has more damage and looks imo best for Inaros theme but it's significantly slower (yet difference doesn't seem that drastic in game). 

Ineresting:

With arcane grace set inaros becomes literally immortal. No I really mean it, I stand passively in large group of T3 survival mobs and they cannot drop his health by an inch, bombards, gunners, nothing. I've replaced grace set with arcane trickery for sole reason that my rage does not work this way :) and I like some challenge. If I need immortality I have valkyir. 

Build:

1 forma in this guy is all you need. Some guys opt for negative STR, this works but I prefer more balanced approach, range of his cc is more then enough and not like he's afraid to get closer or anything.  Don't worry, this is not banshee ^^

Inaros, "balanced" build

As for dagger, corrosive set, pressure point, covert lethality, body count and reach, and whatever last mod you can squeeze in (you have 6 or 7 points left on non formaed dagger) I often use just dagger so I like some range and actually achieve combo counter but this is optional too.

That is it, get this guy he is worth it and happy haunting : )

Edited by ThorienKELL

I love Inaros, he's a fantastically designed character both aesthetically and mechanically and he really does change the way you play the game. I've built mine towards Armour in order to get the most out of Scarab Swarm; it's incredibly therapeutic to stand in the centre of a group of enemies and take very little damage. I think his 1 is probably his best ability other than Scarab Swarm, and I agree that having a dagger with Covert Lethality is incredible. I really like his 2, especially the fact that it changes depending on whether you click or hold the button - I do think the damage caused by Devour is a little low though. His Sandstorm is of limited use in my opinion, it's great if you're surrounded by Infested, but otherwise the range is too short, the damage too low and the speed-debuff far too high.

Overall though, he's certainly one of my favourite Warframes at the moment, which is saying a lot because I normally don't enjoy the tankier frames very much.

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Have you tried rage on it? Soo good, every time they touch your all they do is feed you energy. Hell I don't even need effeciancy on mine.

God dang it, ty for reminding me, I've forgot to include my rage in. Build edited and corrected.

3 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Have you tried rage on it? Soo good, every time they touch your all they do is feed you energy. Hell I don't even need effeciancy on mine.

mmms, i had it seem to not help at all.... maybe it just bad at mid lv stuff. also if rage works really well, dosnt that make flow pointless? due to a endless income of energy . if it works as you think. i kinda though 4 drainin would work with rage ( tbh it would be super op lol). also makes me wonder if having less armor would give him more energy too ... 

Edited by Urska

Yeah, it's kind of weak on mid to low levels, they hardly touch you. To be fair though it's hardly worth casting your skills at those level other then the occasional giggle of "lol sandstorm looks so op". I have taken Inaros to 2 sortie survivals, the Grineer radiation level 100 and the Corpus Melee only level 80. I had tons of energy there. :) 

3 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Yeah, it's kind of weak on mid to low levels, they hardly touch you. To be fair though it's hardly worth casting your skills at those level other then the occasional giggle of "lol sandstorm looks so op". I have taken Inaros to 2 sortie survivals, the Grineer radiation level 100 and the Corpus Melee only level 80. I had tons of energy there. :) 

thats 100% what i though why it was suckin so much. what kinda build u doin btw? i really want a fun ( not spaming 1 skill) yet strong build

12 minutes ago, Urska said:

mmms, i had it seem to not help at all.... maybe it just bad at mid lv stuff. also if rage works really well, dosnt that make flow pointless? due to a endless income of energy . if it works as you think. i kinda though 4 drainin would work with rage ( tbh it would be super op lol). also makes me wonder if having less armor would give him more energy too ... 

Lol, that was exactly my problem as well, you're so darn tanky (and you're cc-ing whole map) that mobs don't damage you enough for steady energy inflow. So I recommend using one energy mod, either (primed) flow or streamline /FE variant. 

1 minute ago, ThorienKELL said:

Lol, that was exactly my problem as well, you're so darn tanky (and you're cc-ing whole map) that mobs don't damage you enough for steady energy inflow. So I recommend using one energy mod, either (primed) flow or streamline /FE variant. 

i can see that workin out petty well lol. but maybe due to being so.. different and having some free slots due to no sheilds n all. we may be able to push out even more good builds compare to other frames. thats my dream tho lol. hope prime streamline happens lol

3 hours ago, Attley said:

I love Inaros, he's a fantastically designed character both aesthetically and mechanically and he really does change the way you play the game. I've built mine towards Armour in order to get the most out of Scarab Swarm; it's incredibly therapeutic to stand in the centre of a group of enemies and take very little damage. I think his 1 is probably his best ability other than Scarab Swarm, and I agree that having a dagger with Covert Lethality is incredible. I really like his 2, especially the fact that it changes depending on whether you click or hold the button - I do think the damage caused by Devour is a little low though. His Sandstorm is of limited use in my opinion, it's great if you're surrounded by Infested, but otherwise the range is too short, the damage too low and the speed-debuff far too high.

Overall though, he's certainly one of my favourite Warframes at the moment, which is saying a lot because I normally don't enjoy the tankier frames very much.

Just to let you know, his 4 only affects base armor and not his total armor but still its good to build armor on him

so heres a fun fact....  your 2nd skill . spam it, get good amount of ppl CC with this... THEN hit 3... if they die they turn into sand pets.... :l this makes me wonder lol

and incase u dont know, if u hold 2 . u will cc them then pull them to you, starts  eating them....

Edited by Urska

Our build are pretty much the same, except for Power Drift instead of Handspring and the Natural Talent slot which I'm still unsure how to fill; Provoked sounds amazing now that is working with his death animation, though I have still to die once...

As a weapon I can't convince myself to use a dagger, mainly because I run Inaros with melee equipped and that's complicated when the melee is a dagger..............

Edited by siralextraffo

One thing that should be noted, with his sandstorm if enemies are thrown into a wall while ragdolled it does Tons of damages... So all those tight hallways on ships just got Really lethal for those poor Corpus and Grineer

Edited by SilvaDreams
Blasted auto correct