The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe in-game bans

topfoxrider

Question

25 answers to this question

Just now, Verouzer said:

Are you planning to roast someone? Hahahah!

nah.  its just that when I was playing draco, a bunch of guys waited for the 1 second mark and extracted.  It was very coordinated so they must have planned it.  I had to fend for myself for 10 minutes to save the focus I gained.  Once I finished I went to the 'recent' players list and talked to the person at the very top who I thought was one of those jerks.  Sadly, he wasn't even the right guy but I used some strong language and possibly even harassed him for a bit

I doubt that he reported me but it would be a real shame if I got perma-banned over this lol.  This is my first time ever using that type of language or ever harassing someone.  Going from zero to losing almost an $80 acct would really suck.  That being said I apologized to that guy in chat but I want my bases covered just in case.

Just now, topfoxrider said:

nah.  its just that when I was playing draco, a bunch of guys waited for the 1 second mark and extracted.  It was very coordinated so they must have planned it.  I had to fend for myself for 10 minutes to save the focus I gained.  Once I finished I went to the 'recent' players list and talked to the person at the very top who I thought was one of those jerks.  Sadly, he wasn't even the right guy but I used some strong language and possibly even harassed him for a bit

I doubt that he reported me but it would be a real shame if I got perma-banned over this lol.  This is my first time ever using that type of language or ever harassing someone.  Going from zero to losing almost an $80 acct would really suck.  That being said I apologized to that guy in chat but I want my bases covered just in case.

Good thing that you apologized. This happens to me as well but they're not doing anything wrong game-wise. 

They're not wrong, they're just ********

2 minutes ago, (XB1)a salsa wizard said:

Can you get banned for saying things like "sh*t" or "f**k"?

No. It would be hidden for people with profanity filter anyway. And those who turned it off should be prepared for this.

You won't get banned that easily.

(Although i guess you would have noticed it already if you could get banned for that :P)

1 minute ago, Verouzer said:

Good thing that you apologized. This happens to me as well but they're not doing anything wrong game-wise. 

They're not wrong, they're just ********

They might not being doing anything wrong game-wise but its unethical.  And I should be free to counteract through use of language or otherwise as long as it doesn't break the game or is considered illegal.  Honestly in these type of situations it should only be between me and the other party.  If you really want my opinion, DE should really not interfere in these scenarios unless its a consistent bully we're talking about here.  And even for a bully, a perma-ban is over the top unless he's been warned multiple times.  It's really unsettling how DE can go give perma-bans so easily like that regardless the offense.

1 minute ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

You think losing $80 sucks...try losing over $100s of dollars and over years work. Golly gee willicker that will make you go 0-100 real quick! You'll ban faster than you can say uuuugh DE. Now that  my friend, sucks

Except you know I'm not breaking the game?  And these guys preemptively started trolling and will, without a doubt, continue to do so.  I really don't regret trying to show them a piece of my mind and I don't think its a crime to do so. 

Just now, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

Dont you just hate it when you're trying to stay but your team is like NOPE Exract time!!!

no they were all for continuing. Only when it hit the 1s mark did they all switch. Not sure what point ur trying to make but u should stop bc none of it makes sense

3 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

seariously, do you get extracted and get the stuff you collected if you vote to extract in draco???

cause usualy i go when my team extracts as well.

Yes you get. You can let the rest continue battling while you leave. You will get your stuff.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Yes you get. You can let the rest continue battling while you leave. You will get your stuff.

thanks for letting me know. just in case i absolutly have to go. i will not use this to troll people. cause we need no toxic stuff in the comunity

Edited by octobotimus

4 hours ago, topfoxrider said:

You should be fine, especially with that apology.

Be careful with list of recently played people. Since a few updates back it does not put the most recent players on top of the list anymore. It makes the list rather pointless unless you at least vaguely remember the names you are looking for.

On a side note, if you were really focus farming, then solo draco should not be really a problem. Its actually easier than a full squad run. ;-)

This draco extracting at the last second thing happened to me one time too.

If they thought I wouldn´t be able to do it solo,they were wrong.

Now I press continue but I have the mouse over the extract button just in case someone tries this again so that I can be fast enough.

Live and learn.

This game is full of things like this.Learn from them so they won´t happen again.

5 hours ago, topfoxrider said:

Unless it was recently changed, you don't actually losing focus if you fail or cancel your mission.

5 hours ago, TheBulitt said:

Its not so much the language as the target of the language, if you are sexist, homophobic or racist then you have made grounds for a ban, but being belligerant, aggressive, rude, and otherwise negative is fine,

no, is not

if you freak out because of a "harrasing behaving" (and DE support can mostly see all at the scripts) you dont get banned

if you insult for nothing or because somebody is pi55ed because you arent able to play in a team really and you make the mission useless for others you get in danger if you "produce" that ongoing

if DE-support gets a report which is useful to check and follow they start watching the reported players "loaylty", thats for first

nobody get banned for nothing and concertated created negativity/harrasment, strange behaving and teamless gameplay, even its in the "dustzone" of "legality" get hunted down by DE

glad they do that, i mean a few "strange people" can make others run away and ruining other players game/missions is a loss for DE/warframe

as easy as that

i mean, what would you say when you go in RL over a street and somebody comes in front of you, slap you, smile and moves on

doesnt function ... and RL and gaminglife, i dont see any difference

9 hours ago, topfoxrider said:

They might not being doing anything wrong game-wise but its unethical.  And I should be free to counteract through use of language or otherwise as long as it doesn't break the game or is considered illegal.  Honestly in these type of situations it should only be between me and the other party.  If you really want my opinion, DE should really not interfere in these scenarios unless its a consistent bully we're talking about here.  And even for a bully, a perma-ban is over the top unless he's been warned multiple times.  It's really unsettling how DE can go give perma-bans so easily like that regardless the offense.

How I see this: if developers see the whole situation problematic -- that last second on a interception vote to extract where people troll -- they could just lock the vote at 5 second mark with some other fancy mechanics that prevent players from troll-vote. 

Edited by carnaga