The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you suggest any strong weapons to buy with Platinum?

Question

I am still using mk1 things and its really hard to kill enemies without having someone else helping me, i can't understand what is strong and what not in the crafting foundy and some times it gets tiring   are there any strong weapons where i can just buy them off with Platinum from the store? can you name me some of the strongest that it has so i buy them today and be done with this

Actually, if you are planning to play the game for free now, you should listen to all the "naysayers" in this thread. Until and unless you plan on buying platinum anytime soon, you should just buy the most essential things in the game -

You have 50 platinum which you got at the starting(assuming you have not bought any till now) -

• Either buy 1 Warframe slot and 4 weapon slots.
  • Or buy 2 Warframe slots if you are not into weapons that much.

In fact, I would go a step further and suggest you to not buy reactors and catalysts unless you absolutely need them. You get either of the one every 2 weeks from 24-hour alerts that are up after the Devstream. Then, there are alerts and invasions that randomly pop up every now and then.

If you want to spend plat on a powerful weapon or frame, then I'm pretty certain that you can buy some Prime parts from other players in trade chat. I think there are a couple of Prime weapons that are easily endgame-tier but with a super-low Mastery Rank requirement, although I can't remember off the top of my head which ones they are.

EDIT:

MR0 - Braton Prime, Burston Prime, and Vasto Prime might be worth looking into. I haven't really used them much, but apparently they're pretty decent for medium to high-level gameplay. 

MR2 - Boltor Prime is an absolute beast of an all-purposes rifle, and the Orthos Prime is one of the best melee weapons in the entire game. Both will easily last into endgame. (Reaper Prime was also recently buffed, although it still falls short compared to other melee weapons. Still great for midgame, though.)

You can probably buy the entire weapon for less than 25 plat each from players (save for the Boltor Prime, which is typically ~100 plat due to its popularity). http://warframe.market is pretty helpful for getting a trade done quickly if you don't want to deal with Trade chat.

EDIT2: 

By the way, it's worth noting that if you're not doing enough damage, then chances are it's a problem with your mods, not your weapon.

Getting a stronger weapon will maybe double or triple your damage output. Getting better mods for your current weapon, on the other hand, can potentially multiply your damage by hundreds.

Edited by SortaRandom

It really depends on what type of weapon you like, TC.  I won't spend my time telling you not to buy a weapon off the market because, regardless of what people here are saying, it isn't as bad of an idea as it is made out to be, especially if you don't mind using the plat.

That said, picking the right weapon depends wholly on which types you prefer.  If you like AR's, there is the Soma, The Sybaris, and the Daikyu (bow, not an AR but uses the same mods mostly).  Any of those 3 is pretty good for Primary.

Your Secondary really boils down to you.  Suggestions from me are the Sonicor or Nukor.  But those are just my preference.

Melee is also wholly dependent on your preference.  My recommendations are the Dragon Nikana or the Galatine, though.

Remember that when you buy these items out of the store they come with a slot and a catalyst already installed and the MR requirement to use them is negated, so those things also factor into the price of the weapon on the marketplace.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Spend your money how you wish, don't listen to the naysayers. When I was new I bought a Loki Warframe and an Amphis and that took me across the solar system to earn everything else freely. 

As far as specifics though, it really comes down to your style and comfort zone. I'd suggest getting a feel for all of the starter weapon types and going from there. Also, I can't remember exactly what weapons are and aren't XP locked at your Mastery Level. My gf was into bows but wanted something with a little more feedback that she could panic-fire since she was new and didn't have the mods to back up her arsenal at that point so I suggested the Attica- which is an automatic crossbow. For the solar system it should do you well but honestly I can't account for what weapons appeal to you or not. 

If you are taking what everyone is saying at face value about "wasting" money on weapons you could build after a few more hours of play, look into clan-tech weaponry. Those are weapons you can't unlock unless you are part of a well-developed clan. For a new player, spending some platinum on those kinds of weapons would be a great edge and you wouldn't be robbing yourself of more easily attainable goals as a solo player.

Best of luck, think on it and don't buy impulsively!

Edited by (PS4)JT-Come-Lately
spelling because I am illiterate

Do not listen to anyone, you do what you want with platinum

Primaries

Soma, Amprex, Rubico, Vectis, Tonkor, Daikyu, Hek, Phage, Sobek

Secondaries 

Aksomati, Sonicor, Pyrana, Staticor, Marelok

Melee 

Anku, Dragon Nikana, Destreza, Jat Kittag, Tipedo

Those are weapons that are available in the market that are pretty decent, though its ultimately your choice to buy them or not, buying them gives you them immediately AND with catalysts on them, those are ones I personally recommend if you plan on using the plat to give yourself a boost :)

Edited by kanslor

I won't say never spend plat on market weapons, I will strongly suggest that you just pick up the blueprints and build them due to the market prices being rather high.

If you're looking for strong weapons, I'd suggest the Grakata, Karak or Braton.  For melee, go fight Vor on Mercury and he'll drop a xouple weapon bs that are decent.  Not awfully powerful but a step up from the MK series.

Also, make sure you're installing and upgrading your weapons mods.  Those help a lot.

Edited by Noamuth
Fekking auto correct.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)JT-Come-Lately said:

Spend your money how you wish, don't listen to the naysayers. When I was new I bought a Loki Warframe and an Amphis and that took me across the solar system to earn everything else freely.

I don't believe "naysayers" is the term that should be used to describe us. It is a fact that a few rare resources + some trash resources requires little to no effort compared to obtaining 150+ plat. We're simply trying to keep him from spending his own cash/plat on something that can be obtain within a week at most. I also highly doubt you were able to get through the rest of the game simply because you spent 200+p on Loko (which is also a complete waste if you actually bought him after Loki Prime's release).

24 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Also- all weapons in this game are equal

That is straight-up not true. While the upper tier of weapons are pretty nicely balanced out among each other, there are countless weapons that are straight-up worse than others even if they don't technically have a "direct upgrade" available.

Seer and Kraken, for example, both have unique mechanics among pistols, yet they're some of the worst weapons in the entire game. Panthera and Miter are incredibly badass and have fantastic mechanics, but alas, they're also some of the worst weapons in the entire game. Then you've got things like most automatic Rifles being worse than the Boltor / Soma / Braton(debatable) Prime in every way, or things like virtually every Machete-type weapon in the game being straight-up worse than virtually every Longsword-type weapon in the game. Stuff like that.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

I personally run my daikyu on mirage with a 100% gas electric build- make sure to have split chamber and as much damage you can fit on afterwards. If you use hall of mirrors and aim for headshots, it absolutely devestates pretty much any level enemy. It's one of those more situational weapons though, if you're constantly getting rushed by melee units (ie infested) it's not going to be as effective. The amount of arrows that it puts out is also good for dealing with nullifier bubbles without having to swap weapons (only if using mirage). :)

As for Strun, the only way you're gonna get that thing to be as good as the Hek is if you're using the wraith, and even then it's a stretch. Hek has more direct fire power but the Strun can put it out for a longer period of time. When I said all weapons in this game are equal, I meant equally effective. naturally each one will have it's niche that it performs better than others- just like how frost is better in defense than valkyr. One is built for the situation, the other can handle it- just not as easily.

EDIT: Forgot to mention on the Daikyu build to use crit even though it's not much of a crit-bow. When you proc a gas headshot crit- the amount of damage on the ticks is multiplied from base by a massive 8x due to how status procs work. That then transfers as a toxin proc to both the enemy you hit and all enemies within a decent area around it- for a FURTHER 2x multiplier since those toxin procs headshot again. This is why the weapon is so lethal when used right. It's pretty much the only high-base-damage, accurate 100% status weapon in the game (unless I'm forgetting something somehow). Therefore it's pretty much the only weapon that can pull off this extremely lethal combo. Only real downside is it requires skill- and isn't as effective without a mirage backing it for the stuns the electric provides when you're being overrun.

Can you give me any build on Daikyu that is even close to Lanka if put in the exact same mods?

And if you use Strun Wraith then why not compare it with Vaykor Hek?

3 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Can you give me any build on Daikyu that is even close to Lanka if put in the exact same mods?

And if you use Strun Wraith then why not compare it with Vaykor Hek?

Daikyu is often called the "bow lanka" from what I've seen. The build I've suggested is actually very very close to how a lot of people build their lanka for the same reason. When I said there was no other weapon that could fill that roll unless I was forgetting something- I was, and it was the Lanka. You can basically build them exactly the same as each other really. Unfortunately since the sniper buffs Lanka is most likely going to outclass the Daikyu from any angle, but I don't use the Lanka enough to know the stats for quick comparison.

In my eyes the Hek and the Vaykor Hek are almost the same thing. Due to the unique augment the Hek can use that it's brother the Vaykor Hek CANNOT- they end up about the same power no matter which you use. Vaykor Hek is slightly more powerful and iirc is better for sustained fire due to a larger magazine (don't quote me on that) whereas the normal Hek iirc has better status chance/ maybe more damage per shot. My personal shotgun choices are the Tigris for it's single target killing and the Boar Prime for it's (unfortunately since the shotgun buffs- this was nerfed for w/e reason) incredible sustain and status- so I'm not that well versed in specifics of the other shotguns. If I got anything wrong feel free to correct me.

11 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

TL;DR- why you gotta nitpick for the sake of nitpicking? In general what I said was true, most of the weapons are equal and each is unique and has it's advantages in specific situations.

It's more than "just a few exceptions". At the top tier are your things like your typical Boltor Prime, Hek, SSimulor, ScindoP/War, BWar/NikanaP, Tonkor, etc.; and then at the "will-struggle-to-pull-its-own-weight-in-a-lategame-mission" tier are the other 70-80% of weapons in this game.

Saying that I'm being nitpicky is saying that you'd have to look for a bit to find these weak weapons. But you don't. They're everywhere.

To say that weapons in this game are balanced among each other is straight-up wrong, because if you randomly select a weapon from the marketplace or even clan tech, there's a huge chance that elsewhere in the game is a weapon that can do everything better and more. The "exceptions" that I mentioned in my previous post were just the bottom of the big barrel of weak weapons.

13 hours ago, Manolishill said:

I am still using mk1 things and its really hard to kill enemies without having someone else helping me, i can't understand what is strong and what not in the crafting foundy and some times it gets tiring   are there any strong weapons where i can just buy them off with Platinum from the store? can you name me some of the strongest that it has so i buy them today and be done with this

If you HAVE to buy a gun, buy Sonicor. It will allow you to CC your way past everything and eventually get good gear without wasting plat in market.

That being said, I would highly advise against spending play in the market, besides for Ivara, as farming for her is a pain is the A$$.

Go ahead and buy weapon/frame slots, you'll appreciate it later on in the game.

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

It's more than "just a few exceptions". At the top tier are your things like your typical Boltor Prime, Hek, SSimulor, ScindoP/War, BWar/NikanaP, Tonkor, etc.; and then at the "will-struggle-to-pull-its-own-weight-in-a-lategame-mission" tier are the other 70-80% of weapons in this game.

Saying that I'm being nitpicky is saying that you'd have to look for a bit to find these weak weapons. But you don't. They're everywhere.

To say that weapons in this game are balanced among each other is straight-up wrong, because if you randomly select a weapon from the marketplace or even clan tech, there's a huge chance that elsewhere in the game is a weapon that can do everything better and more. The "exceptions" that I mentioned in my previous post were just the bottom of the big barrel of weak weapons.

If you are struggling to "pull its own weight in a late game mission" with 70-80% of weapons in this game- I have some bad news for you. That's user error, not the weapons being weaker than others. I have no issues making those weapons just as powerful as these ones that you seem to consider "top tier". And by these ones- I mean the list you gave that literally everyone who cannot see past pure damage numbers gives because they cannot accept that status or situational usefulness is a thing.

If you still have your starting platinum, spend it on frame and weapon spots only. 

Weapons and frames that you will want for right now will be in the market. Buy the BLUEPRINT with CREDITS. Gather the resources (not hard) and start it in the foundry. 

You can't get Warframe parts in the market so you will need to go kill bosses and collect the part blueprints from them. 

The only time you should spend plat on weapons or frames is when you are missing a piece of a prime weapon or Warframe and only when it is refusing to drop in its respective tower. 

Save your plat for important things. 

Sancti Tigris and Synoid Simulor.

They are Mastery rank gated tho.

The second contender is Boltor prime. You can buy a set in trade chat for ~120p.

Don't buy guns from store, they are over priced. Use trade chat or warframe.market instead to buy tradable guns from other players. Tradable guns as the best guns in the game anyway.

Market shuold only be used to buy credit weapons, blueprint and cosmetics.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

16 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

I tried to make Daikyu to be as good as Lanka, Or Strun to be as good as Hek, but I can't.

What make?

I personally run my daikyu on mirage with a 100% gas electric build- make sure to have split chamber and as much damage you can fit on afterwards. If you use hall of mirrors and aim for headshots, it absolutely devestates pretty much any level enemy. It's one of those more situational weapons though, if you're constantly getting rushed by melee units (ie infested) it's not going to be as effective. The amount of arrows that it puts out is also good for dealing with nullifier bubbles without having to swap weapons (only if using mirage). :)

As for Strun, the only way you're gonna get that thing to be as good as the Hek is if you're using the wraith, and even then it's a stretch. Hek has more direct fire power but the Strun can put it out for a longer period of time. When I said all weapons in this game are equal, I meant equally effective. naturally each one will have it's niche that it performs better than others- just like how frost is better in defense than valkyr. One is built for the situation, the other can handle it- just not as easily.

EDIT: Forgot to mention on the Daikyu build to use crit even though it's not much of a crit-bow. When you proc a gas headshot crit- the amount of damage on the ticks is multiplied from base by a massive 8x due to how status procs work. That then transfers as a toxin proc to both the enemy you hit and all enemies within a decent area around it- for a FURTHER 2x multiplier since those toxin procs headshot again. This is why the weapon is so lethal when used right. It's pretty much the only high-base-damage, accurate 100% status weapon in the game (unless I'm forgetting something somehow). Therefore it's pretty much the only weapon that can pull off this extremely lethal combo. Only real downside is it requires skill- and isn't as effective without a mirage backing it for the stuns the electric provides when you're being overrun.

Edited by Stratego89

11 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

That is straight-up not true. While the upper tier of weapons are pretty nicely balanced out among each other, there are countless weapons that are straight-up worse than others even if they don't technically have a "direct upgrade" available.

Seer and Kraken, for example, both have unique mechanics among pistols, yet they're some of the worst weapons in the entire game. Panthera and Miter are incredibly badass and have fantastic mechanics, but alas, they're also some of the worst weapons in the entire game. Then you've got things like most automatic Rifles being worse than the Boltor / Soma / Braton (debatable) Prime in every way, or things like virtually every Machete-type weapon in the game being straight-up worse than virtually every Longsword-type weapon in the game. Stuff like that.

Everything has exceptions, do you really need to nitpick? Yes, there are a couple of absolutely horrendous weapons (don't get me started on the plasma sword, I still cringe remembering the pain in the arse that was to level) but for 90% of weapons- everything is equally effective in the respective weapon tiers. DE occasionally goes back and patches up the bad weapons too (frankly I am expecting a buff to machete weapons along with probably PBR and a new stance in the near future after them giving the bp out this tac alert). Longswords are another exception. It's pretty much the only class of weapon in the entire main game that is basically all direct upgrades and downgrades. That's the big issue with them- I believe I recall DE saying in a stream they wanted to go back and make them all unique and distinguished from each other).

TL;DR- why you gotta nitpick for the sake of nitpicking? In general what I said was true, most of the weapons are equal and each is unique and has it's advantages in specific situations.