The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballas art by Evergreenmind (Now w/ Margulis)

evergreenmind

Decided to post these here as well. Originally from my tumblr. (hence why the signature is different, i didn't steal it, i promise. It mine)

Basically just personal rendition of Ballas. One with helmet and one without because i totally forgot that he was supposed to pretty sparkly golden eyes.

JVTzhH4.png

ybdXqTL.png

Other versions of the lower one:

Spoiler

base colors

muPuCG3.png

ink

yKV9WsR.png

Aand here's doodle Margulis for extra!

Spoiler

NiujfEN.png

Edited by evergreenmind
added Orokin momma Margulis

Its subjektive and subtle. To me all your characters have a confidence and inner streangth. This is the thing I see in Flux characters as well.

Other than that I guess my eye likes the frames the body makes and that angular, yet soft look you do, is to me very similar to some, not all, of Aeon Flux imagery.

2 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

Is this a positive >.> or perhaps a negative >.> ?

Or maybe a very strong "meh"?

No, your work is pretty amazing, nothing denying that. As Ballas isn't introduce with his body yet (I hope). Everyone have their own image on how he looks like. But again, your work is AMAZING 

4 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

Welp then, here's Margulis

Now that is a boob window

Ahem. I like how you did the burnt area around her eyes, it seems to have a subtle texture but I can't tell for sure due to the resolution. Looks believable without being overdone (but still somewhat unsettling to stare at. Mom, put on your hat, please).

Apparently we're all 12 yea olds here ...

5 hours ago, MartianJellyfish said:

Now that is a boob window

Ahem. I like how you did the burnt area around her eyes, it seems to have a subtle texture but I can't tell for sure due to the resolution. Looks believable without being overdone (but still somewhat unsettling to stare at. Mom, put on your hat, please).

Ye, the resolution is really really crap, that's why i haven't posted it anywhere else. I need to re-upload the image properly, or just make a new one.  Prolly just make a new one. I'm taking suggestions about the facial scars.

2 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

Ballas looks a bit to provoking for a judge tho. 

Keep up regardless, love the style.

Lotus is a bit provoking for a powerful, millenia old resistance leader tho.

I'm actually pretty sure Ballas doesn't look anything like this. Knowing DE, they'll have him be a skinny, pale old man with a bad posture.

A "Alad 2.0 " , if you may. 

...Or is it 1.0, since Ballas lived before him ...? idunno...

6 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

I'm actually pretty sure Ballas doesn't look anything like this. Knowing DE, they'll have him be a skinny, pale old man with a bad posture.

I sincerely hope not. Judging from the descriptions we got so far, the Orokin were extremely obsessed with aesthetics and whatnots, so I imagine them as very beautiful, 'flawless'-looking people. (They also loved symmetry, but I don't, so I think your asymmetrical design for Ballas' outfit is great.) 'Skinny, pale, with a bad posture' is more of a Corpus thing to me.

'Ballas', not 'Dallas'. Goshdarn brain.