Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Issues (AGAIN) 12/03/2016

Dextral

maebe the DDOS atacker is upset with the game? banned without reason and now decides to take revenge?

anyway, i recomend you guys not even trying to do missions (or even waiting 3 minutes if not more to logg in) or you risk getting epic loot and account not updating.

like always ... have patience.

For who doesn't know: DDOS = denial of service atack ... it simply prevents access to servers and overloads them with endless requests (thus the name ... Denial of service)

It's happening a lot, I just got to play around 3 hours the entire weekend online, the rest was done solo because it still works somehow if you can get past the lobby.

I just hope they send an extension of the events and double weekend to the next weekend.

On 11/03/2016 at 8:58 PM, HueyFreeman. said:

Peps account at risk? D: 

No.

On 11/03/2016 at 11:13 PM, White_Matter said:

DE should really consider upgrading their servers or buying new ones or doing whatever the hell thats necessary to fix these kind of problems. It is getting ridiculous. 

If it could be solved that simply it wouldn't be happening.  There's plenty of things that can be choked, incoming bandwidth is one of them for example.

34 minutes ago, SH4D4R said:

Just lost a bunch of prime parts because it couldn't update my account after the run.  Baro is going to be back next weekend after this gets solved right?

I really hope Baro last the whole week or that it comes the next weekend with the same mods, right now i havent been able to farm any ducats because i got disconnected from the reward screen and the update of my account seems to always fail. So no void end rewards for me until this is fixed, which means no ducats for me :(

11 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

DE should really consider upgrading their servers or buying new ones or doing whatever the hell thats necessary to fix these kind of problems. It is getting ridiculous. 

It's not a matter of server capacity or the amount of bandwidth available. No matter how much they were to upgrade those two things, a DDoS can fill it all up just as easily.

For everyone reading this thread that isn't aware: 

There's already been an official post about it. The issue doesn't stem from the servers itself. It stems from an entity that is purposefully spamming requests to DE's server that is pushing the servers to stupid levels of stress. Upgrading will solve nothing until DE manages to get a working form of DDoS protection in place. The issue will not be resolved until then, so all of us have no choice but to sit tight until it does.

Edited by calmchaos

3 minutes ago, calmchaos said:

It's not a matter of server capacity or the amount of bandwidth available. No matter how much they were to upgrade those two things, a DDoS can fill it all up just as easily.

For everyone reading this thread that isn't aware: 

There's already been an official post about it. The issue doesn't stem from the servers itself. It stems from an entity that is purposefully spamming requests to DE's server that is pushing the servers to stupid levels of stress. Upgrading will solve nothing until DE manages to get a working form of DDoS protection in place. The issue will not be resolved until then, so all of us have no choice but to sit tight until it does.

+1.

Although, bringing logic to a rage post is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Well Folks we are down again. Was in a mission that just ended when the issue started again. The Mission couldnt update for at least 2-3 attempts. Thankfully it updated at the last second before the disconnect. IF this is what going to happen day in and day out it might be time to look into another game till things get fixed. Pls Fix or solve this problem, really like this game.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)mrpieman92 said:

What is even the point of ddosing? What do they get out of ruining everyones fun?

You can call them "rebels without a cause". They actually believe they're making a point (Of what? No one knows) by disrupting people's pixel fun. Instead of, you know, actually doing something that mattered with their time and knowledge that could contribute to society in a positive way. Who knows what goes through their mind? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by AntifaHooligan

15 minutes ago, (XB1)mrpieman92 said:

What is even the point of ddosing? What do they get out of ruining everyones fun?

They get nothing out of it, but that isn't the point. They are sad, anti-social, miserable humans, and misery loves company. I'd pity them if they weren't directly screwing with my free time.

Or, it's someone with ulterior motives that is doing this to screw with the competition. Playing the business game dirty and showing no respect for the players.

Either way, it's a disgusting and pathetic way to go about doing things. For the record, I'm not mad, I'm just... I guess 'disappointed' would be the best word.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

I was running a sabotage with my Inaros both earlier and just now; the earlier one, made it to extraction, profile never updated; the one just NOW though, my login cycled by itself and wanted my password again....screw it, i'm going to pass on leveling Inaros for a month or two