Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4x corrosive projection

Dextral

Question

If the group is running 4 cp's does this change what elemental combos do the most increased dmg?

For example corrupted heavy gunner takes the most increased dmg by corrosive dmg,  however with CP's does this change or does corrosive still give the best +%dmg just now they have no Armour?

11 answers to this question

Against Grineer, yes, it does.  The most damaging type with 4 Corrosive Projections becomes Viral.

Against the other factions, no.

My mistake, forgot about Corrupted faction.  It will also affect the armored units there that are Grineer based units (Heavy gunners, Bombard, Lancers) and changes the best elemental combo to Viral for them, also.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

4x CP removes all of the armour so corrosive damage actually becomes worse, viral is better for Grineer in this case (flesh)

If you have a coordinated group with 4x CP, it's better to run Viral + radiation on your weapons.

I still like to bring both corrosive + cold or corrosive + fire weapon with a viral + radiation weapon tho.

5 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

Never use corrosive against grineer. you get 75% bonus against ferrite, but 0% against alloy. with viral you have 75% bonus against all grineer units, except rollers, no matter which armor they have, or don't have.

It's not that simple.

Viral will do 75% more damage against all units with Cloned Flesh, but Corrosive will do 75% more damage against Ferrite enemies and ignore 75% of Ferrite Armor at the same time. Same goes with Radiation versus Alloy, and (to a lesser extent) Puncture versus both.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

that is not how it works. neither corrosive nor radiation ignore armor.

Look up the damage formula, man. Same goes for the folks downvoting my previous post for my evil, outlandish claims regarding how damage types interact with armor. Corrosive does indeed ignore a large portion of Ferrite armor, and likewise with Radiation and Alloy.

AUJjMYE.png

Here,

DM = "Damage Modifier" (the number that the base damage is multiplied by to get the actual damage dealt).

HM = Health Modifier (e.g. 0.75 for Viral versus Cloned Flesh health.)

AM = Armor Modifier (e.g. 0.75 for Corrosive versus Ferrite armor, or -0.50 for Magnetic versus Alloy armor.)

AR = Armor value of target (varies depending on enemy and its level).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

If you're still skeptical because you don't trust the wiki or something, test it out in the Simalcrum yourself. I can guarantee you that the results will match the formula, because I've verified it myself multiple times.

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

It's not that simple.

Viral will do 75% more damage against all units with Cloned Flesh, but Corrosive will do 75% more damage against Ferrite enemies and ignore 75% of Ferrite Armor at the same time. Same goes with Radiation versus Alloy, and (to a lesser extent) Puncture versus both.

that is not how it works. neither corrosive nor radiation ignore armor.

5 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

oh, and just to add insult to injury if you go for all the elemental mods, radiation is great against alloy, which most Grineer units seem to have past the lower levels, while blast is mediocre at best.

Agreed, radiation + viral is the best element to go with because the Elite Lancers use radiation armor, which is probably the only unit you will see in high levels.

22 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Yes it does, if used against a grineer heavy gunner, slash,fire, and viral will deal more damage than corrosive. With no armor, you are damaging cloned flesh directly.

Never use corrosive against grineer. you get 75% bonus against ferrite, but 0% against alloy. with viral you have 75% bonus against all grineer units, except rollers, no matter which armor they have, or don't have.

oh, and just to add insult to injury if you go for all the elemental mods, radiation is great against alloy, which most Grineer units seem to have past the lower levels, while blast is mediocre at best.

Edited by Rawbeard

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

If you're still skeptical because you don't trust the wiki or something, test it out in the Simalcrum yourself. I can guarantee you that the results will match the formula, because I've verified it myself multiple times.

my tests in the Simulacrum are why I switched to viral from corrosive. I always assumed bigger numbers meant more damage, but I guess theorycrafting trumps that.