The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When should I start acquiring new Warframes?

DongerDeluxe

Question

Hello Everyone!

So basically my question is exactly what the title says," When should I start acquiring new Warframes?"

Currently, I have max level Excalibur and level 25 Loki (some high, high level friends helped me get Loki early on). On Earth, I have completed 10/12 missions (the two that aren't completed are levels 10-12 and 20-25), on Mercury I have completed 15/15 missions, on Mars I have completed 4/18 (the other 14 I haven't got around to doing and some are just too difficult), and on Venus I have completed 13/13 missions. My weapons consist of a max level Boltor, max level Lex, and max level Dual Zorens.

I have been told that I should start farming for some specific frames but I just don't know if I am ready to start farming for them.

These are the main questions I need answers for (if you have any suggestions those would also be gladly appreciated):

• How far in the game should I be when farming for new frames?(after planet __ or before planet __)?
  • Which frames would I be farming for?
  • When farming, should I use Loki or Excalibur?
  • Should I get new weapons to farm with or just use the ones I have now?

I am Master Rank 3 by the way.

Thanks a lot! :) 

6 answers to this question

You should farm them when you feel like farming them. Although, i would recommend you to farm Rhino/Valkyr to be able to go for Endgame-ish content. Those two frames are really good for solo game, which makes them also at-least-not-bad in high level survival (ex: T3-40mins). But, it's more of the personal deal. I got Rhino when i was on the Mastery 2. So, get one of listed and have fun.

When farming, you should use anything that suits you. But from those two - Excalibur will be more efficient.

You should get some stronger weapons. Boltor falls off really bad with time. I would recommend you to get Tonkor - it's quite strong and fun. Also, great weapons are(IMHO): Soma Prime and Dread for primaries, Aklex and Aksomati is for secondaries, and anything that you like for melee.

Peace.

Edited by GekkoBlitzscream

These are the main questions I need answers for (if you have any suggestions those would also be gladly appreciated):

• How far in the game should I be when farming for new frames?(after planet __ or before planet __)?
  • Which frames would I be farming for?
  • When farming, should I use Loki or Excalibur?
  • Should I get new weapons to farm with or just use the ones I have now?

You can start farming for new 'frames as soon as you hit Venus.  You tend to pick up parts via normal gameplay because each planets end boss drops their parts.

Farm for the 'frames you want to play.  You can either google Warframe Wiki and find a comprehensive listing of all available Warframes, build req's, drop locations and even build suggestions or head to YouTube and search Warframe Profile <warframe name i.e. Mag, Volt, Loki, etc.>

You can use any 'frame to farm.  My main choice is Mag Prime, I take her just about everywhere.  Really, it's whichever 'frame you enjoy the most vs. best suited to mission/faction.

Getting new weapons is generally a good idea, especially if you're focused on upping your MR.  (Ranking up weapons, Warframes, Companions, Archings and completing nodes will give you affinity) but nothing wrong with finding a weapon set you enjoy and running that til the end of your days.  I personally enjoy the Sancti Tigris, Soma/Prime, Dread, Fang Prime, Anku, Redeemer, Twin Gremlins, Despair, Hikou Prime, just to name a few.

Whenever you want, really. They make good goals to play for and playing a currently owned frame while going for that goal means you're both working towards something and getting the hang of another frame. Look up one that sounds fun, figure out how to get it, go for it.

My only advice is to get what you want when you want. Go at your own personal pace and enjoy things while you do. Despite what everyone else seems to believe, Warframe isn't a farming simulator- it's a game. Games are made to play and have fun, not just focus on getting everything and being done with it.

How far in the game should I be when farming for new frames?(after planet __ or before planet __)?

When You want. You dont need to complete planet to do boss. Just enought nodes to cut your way to the planet assasination target. You can also easly farm Oberon (running Void) or Nyx (Phorid Manifestacion Invasions).

I would advice doing Archwing Quest and Second Dream quests if you havent that done. Since they help a bit with future staff but take some time to craft.

If You ever join bigger clan there are some frames to buy from dojo tenno lab.

Which frames would I be farming for?

The one You consider interesting.

The general mission crackers are: Frost (Defense), Valkyr (survival), Loki (Spy), Rhino (Boss fights)

When farming, should I use Loki or Excalibur?

Excalibur is better killer.

Should I get new weapons to farm with or just use the ones I have now?

Your weapons are fine. You may consider upgrading to AkLex. Or Sonicor Twin Grakatas.

For primary from basic weapons shotguns are interesting (Hek or Kohm)

Edited by felixsylvaris

I've been playing for about a month now and I'm up to 15 frames. I mainly use Rhino because it's easier to survive higher levelled missions with him because I'm still missing a lot of the necessary mods for end game builds. 

My goal from the start has been to unlock all the planet nodes so I could do the alerts and get to MR12 so I unlock all weapons. (At MR11 now.)

Like everyone else has said before me, play at your own pace and enjoy the journey. There's no rush. I've been having loads of fun trying out new frames and weapons, but that's me. 

A quick tip though if you're looking for new frames, if you're in a clan with most/all of the research done you can get a couple of frames fairly easy from the dojo (volt, zphyr, banshee and wukong if I'm not mistaken). They need some rare resources to build so you may have to farm for those if you decide to build them though.) 

Edited by (PS4)sb001001