The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing questions

Volhark

Question

So i decided to really play Archwing missions now that i have Itzal, but i just can't find any useful mods, like really really crappy ones, and i've been to different planets (have all nods unlocked) and can't seem to find any good mods, damage mods for gun, or any kind of mods for the archwing besides the duration mod.

Is Fluctus worth it, it's the only archwing weapon that i'm actually really interested in getting, i do like its design, i mean if its worth hunting since i mostly play alone and saw in the wiki that the limbs and the stock drop from an interception mission, rotation C, and that kinda well makes me hestitate on starting to hunt it right away.

Well that would be my only questions, oh and any advices are welcome, thanks.

8 answers to this question

Neptune AW defence and Uranus AW intercept are good places to farm for mods. Hunt for your rota C drops and level your gear at the same time.

If you can't find a few mods, simply buy them off the market. It can be relatively cheap and saves you a heck more headache and time.

Fluctus is totally worth it. Infinite AOE punch through with high damage and good range. Good for AOE situations. 

The imperator vandal is very good too. It condenses all that fluctus AOE damage into single target DPS (boss killer).

Fluctus is good, worth it, otherwise, Grattler is clan tech and requires no parts, just tons of stuff you can farm in regular non-AW play and some telurium. Check the wiki for what mods you need and what drop them. The new AW mobile defense nodes seem to have a good rate for dropping the mods.

Most of the rare mods are easier to get as Mission Rewards rather than drops. 

Fluctus is most definitely a solid Archwing primary to have. Good damage, great punch-through and AOE, and surprisingly easy to hit with over distances, doesn't take much time to get used to. You'll find it to be more useful in the Corpus missions though, as you're in a much more cramped space there as opposed to the open space the Grineer have. Its use dissipates at about 500m distances, where a hitscan weapon would better fit.

You'll find yourself doing that Interception mission a lot anyways, as the entire Elytron set drops there, and it's the major EXP farming spot for Archwing gear.

My understanding is that the best missions to farm archwing mods are the Defense mission on Neptune and the Interception mission on Uranus. If you think you can't (or literally can't) get anywhere with the mods you have (and you probably won't with interception, though you might at least get the first 5 waves done with the defense), you can either try to find a group that can carry you, or it's running the exterminate and mobile defense missions ad nausem until you get enough mods to solo them yourself.

Edited by Foefaller

Try Archwing Interception in Uranus. Each round's reward include some fairly useful archwing mods. There's also plenty of enemies to drop mods and for Itzal to suck them in with its 3rd. But in general, the best Archwing mods are decent at best, they're no where close to the same usefulness as Serration or even Streamline.

Fluctus is quite good, especially if enemies come at you in a large cluster, missions like mobile defense and interception. Great for kill farming. An alternative would be the Grattler, you just need a clan that has researched it, but the mechanic behind it is kinda hard to predict sometimes.

1 hour ago, volhark said:

-snip-

By the time I farmed Itzal and velocitus from the game (this is like pokemon) I got the basic and common mods for archwing, archgun and archmelee. This sounds like they have made some changes to drop tables? You may want to consider Archwing Mobile Defence missions - plenty of enemies that have chance to drop the basic and common mods that you can fight on higher tier missions - specially now that you are running with Itzal: Cosmic Crush to deal damage and loot the stuff. For rarer mods you want to consider about high tier enemies and mission "wave" rewards: defense, interception.

Edited by carnaga

You already have very decent AW gun, all you need is proper mods, at leas 2 element damage mods (even 4 if you potatoe it), normal damage (rubedo barrel) and one for rate of fire. moded like this - this gun can take you to AW endgame, which is not very far btw. Imperator family is overall most balanced because of unlimited range and instantaneous hitscan /and adequate hit power. 

Gratler and fluctus are incredibly cool and powerful but not great for open space because limited range and travel time. They are best against bosses and in exterminate narrow corridor mission types. Oh they are good on itzal too cause you can stay close invisible and fire away.