The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Melee Weapon

Kaito_Kaiju

I want a shield to bash our enemies with ! 

It would be a very low damage weapon that when charged sends you charging forward (yeah I know I used the same word twice) and you knock down enemies in your path. To make up for its abysmal damage the block button should negate a lot more damage than all other weapons.

Man, Bruce Lee was just the most incredible being to ever walk the Earth. 

Congratulations, you can reference Youtube videos.

Hollywood proves nothing.

While this would be true of most martial arts movies, Bruce Lee insisted that his movies and the combat in them be based in reality. Thats why you don't see him flying halfway across large rooms or flipping multiple times in the air or any of that slow motion, camera spinning BS that riddles all subsequent martial arts movies. Bruce Lee studied martial arts and weapon techniques from all over the world, mastering each one before he went onto the next. He reflects this in his movies by not sticking to a single fighting style and embraces out of the box strategies. Sure, there are parts of his movies that are their for flare, but pretty much everything is possible and he rarely (if ever, though I do not remember exactly) used a stunt double; certainly he never did for combat. That was all him. He even had to slow down his movements because the cameras at the time could not reliably capture his reflexes at full speed. Yes, I know that sounds a bit fantastical, believe it or not, but I have done extensive research on his life and Jeet Kune Do (his school of martial arts) and he truly skilled like to man before him has been. 

May his soul live on forever in his movies, his arts, and his philosophy. 

Ifrit, Beowulf or Gilgamesh?

anyway +1. would like some hand to hand combos

Hell yeah. Flashy combo of punches and kicks for normal attacks - give the weapon high normal attack damage too.

Then you make its charge attack a flipping kick that doesn't do much damage but ragdolls and enemy away from you.

As mentioned before, a kusari-gama. A short scythe with a chain and a spiked ball.

Normal attacks would be whirling with the scythe and chain around yourself, charged would be throwing the ball out to spike an enemy and drag him in, stunning/knocking him down.

Would be a nice mix-up from the normal flow of melee weapons they have now, breaking up the normal attack=fast and charged attack=slow but armor ignoring/more damage balance.

A quick, low quality Ninja Gaiden 2 video showing where I'm stealing my inspiration from:

As mentioned before, a kusari-gama. A short scythe with a chain and a spiked ball.

Normal attacks would be whirling with the scythe and chain around yourself, charged would be throwing the ball out to spike an enemy and drag him in, stunning/knocking him down.

Would be a nice mix-up from the normal flow of melee weapons they have now, breaking up the normal attack=fast and charged attack=slow but armor ignoring/more damage balance.

A quick, low quality Ninja Gaiden 2 video showing where I'm stealing my inspiration from:

Oh I remember those. I had so much fun with those but it won't as fun in WF than NG2

I want swords with hooks on the end of them that let me throw enemies around.

Failing that, a two handed sword that looks like it has two lightsabers instead of bladed edges, and a cool sounding name taken from a list of SI units.

Its called Gram.

Sorry for wall of text:

Bracers/Greaves: Chi

Used by only a few Tenno in open combat these matching Arm and Leg adornments enhance physical strength and speed even further, allowing the delivery of a series of acrobatic punches and kicks that often leave an enemy staggered.

Appearance: Metallic rings around the wrists and ankles that let off a distinct glowing trail when in use.

Unique traits: Fairly high normal attack damage teamed with moderate speed and high stagger rate. Normal attacks ignore armor. Does not crit. Has a 6 hit normal combo instead of 4, the 3rd and 6th strike are powerful kicks. Charge attack is a flipping kick that does low damage but ragdolls and enemy backwards and away from you.

It is an old idea. Really old. Had to find the notes I saved on this bad boy.

Vambrace: Nether claw (Erebus's weapon)

It is unknown as to where this weapon originated, but it appears to be of Tenno origin. This weapon is incredibly quick and razor sharp.

Double Barrel Shotty: Gemini.

A powerful shotgun. Capable of blasting any foe into pieces of flesh. Its power makes up for its low ammunition reserves.

Revolver: Pinpointer.

The latest tool in the Corpus arsenal. This weapon does not only pack a powerful punch, but it also has been modified to completely remove recoil at the cost of the fire rate.

Mace: Taranis.

A mace like weapon built by the corpus. It is fitted with electrical bolts that allows an electrical surge to be dealt to the target.

Appearance: The weapon is held by both hands. The handle has two soft grips to allow comfort for the hands while also allowing for a firm grip. Wires connect to nodes that allow the electrical damage to be dealt.

Scorpion Wire: Grasper.

After researching the wire mechanism of the Grineer Scorpions, The Tenno has now made a variant of the tool. Can be used to choke enemies as well as pulling them off of ledges/closer to you. It can also be used as a swinging weapon to knock the enemies off of their feet.

This. That would be so beastly awesome.

It has been a pet suggestion of mine for an age now. Fist weapons are cool but I'd like something that incorporates kicking too.

Edit: In fact, There is my idea up there. Chi was always a placeholder name because I didn't have anything clever.