The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that Compliment Spores?

(PSN)BLACKandG01d123

Question

I just recently started using Saryn and made a decent spore build. My question is, are that are any weapons that compliment her spores? Currently I'm using a gas ignis that has 100 status and a wide spread, and I just wanted to know if there were any other melees, secondaries or primaries that pair well with her abilities. 

6 answers to this question

Since you already know of the ignis, id suggest the Embolist, as well as the Atomos for secondaries. Orthos Prime with its huge reach might be a good melee weapon.

(I havent tested any of these weapons, just going off of what sounds good on paper)

My two favorite weapons to use with Saryn: Torid - with a corrosive/heat build - and Stug - with a heat/viral/corrosive build. I couldn't be happier. My goodness, do they help spread spores and inflict their own kind of damage while at it.

Just be careful with the Stug, I've used it while parkouring and have had a blob stick to my sentinel which later aided in downing me so use with caution.

A gas Vaykor Marelok with 100% status is a good downgrade/side-grade if you ever get tired of AOE weapons.  Since spores automatically spread on enemy death, you can play as normal and when you proc gas- everything dies.  The syndicate proc also pops spores.

"Good melee" for her is kind of subjective since more damage gives you more toxin with Toxic Lash while more range tends to spread a bit less toxin but to more enemies.  Most melee weapons work fine since Toxic Lash adds a percentage buff and the toxin has a 100% status chance anyways.

Melee.

Crit melee.

Poison scales off crit and basedamage, the spores scale off poison. Going for naramon melee and maximising your poison proccs with a propper build gives you the best dmg and spread dmg on your spores.

Just grab dual ichors, build for nothing but crit and basedamage, activate lash and watch the magic happening around you. Forget those silly ranged weapons... they're only any good after adequate damage is allreadly flowing around you.