The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I a bad daddy?

dodorichard

Question

So here's the thing, I hatched a cute kubrow but never use him, have carrier Prime and just adore it. Now he is loosing health and I need to get him medicine. 

Does that happen because I don't use him? If I play him more he will be in good health? 

What would happen if I let it die? Will I be penalized? 

10 answers to this question

They decay over time whether you use them or not, you need to periodically inject DNA stabilizers in them, stabilizers return 40%, so use them at 60%.  Also you can put the Kubrow in stasis if you aren't going to use it, stasis halts decay.

Only thing that'll happen if you let him die is that you'll lose that specific doge forever. (Unless you're lucky enough to get the exact type again) Nothing else.

If you don't want to let him die, just put him in stasis to he won't lose hp every day, and release him to give him his meds. Always remember to put your doge in stasis before exiting the game. :P

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

38 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

They decay over time whether you use them or not, you need to periodically inject DNA stabilizers in them, stabilizers return 40%, so use them at 60%.  Also you can put the Kubrow in stasis if you aren't going to use it, stasis halts decay.

Thanks guys, good to know. Set of DNA stabilizers cost a pretty penny and if I can save them up till i need to use them is great information.

Also, can you have more than one Kubrow?

Just now, dodorichard said:

Thanks guys, good to know. Set of DNA stabilizers cost a pretty penny and if I can save them up till i need to use them is great information.

yeah, but you need to have enough stasis slots to put the other ones (or all of them) in stasis, I think you start with 2 stasis slots, can't remember, you need to buy more with platinum.

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

yeah, but you need to have enough stasis slots to put the other ones (or all of them) in stasis, I think you start with 2 stasis slots, can't remember, you need to buy more with platinum.

Again, thanks again. Will put him on ice as soon as I get home.

14 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

Yeeeeeah, those DNA stabilizers do cost a pretty penny and would you believe it that those used to be even more expensive before?  To tell you the truth, I don't know why the Howl of the Kubrow quest is introduced so early because Kubrows are such money drain for players who have more credits than they need because they have build almost everything in game.  Maintaining a Kubrow is not for beginners who need ever single credit they can get.

Yes, as others said, you can have more than one Kubrow but you'll need to buy more statis spots with plat.

If you're interested om raising more Kubrow in the future, I recommend you get the Incubator Upgrade Segment.  The upgraded version will put your Kubrow into statsis automatically if they're mortally ill so you won't lose them from poor health.  You can buy the blueprint from your clan dojo if they've done the research for it.  It's expensive to build credit-wise, but it's not worth buying it with real money.  I rather spend that 175 plat on something else to be honest.

17 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

Again, thanks again. Will put him on ice as soon as I get home.

you can also get an upgrade for your Incubator that lets it automatically put your Kubrow in Stasis if it becomes too ill, but you'll need to join a clan and research it first. also, if you're struggling with Credits, see if you can get somebody to help you get to a Dark Sector, you can get a lot of Credits there.

2 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

If you're interested om raising more Kubrow in the future, I recommend you get the Incubator Upgrade Segment.  The upgraded version will put your Kubrow into statsis automatically if they're mortally ill so you won't lose them from poor health.  You can buy the blueprint from your clan dojo if they've done the research for it.  It's expensive to build credit-wise, but it's not worth buying it with real money.  I rather spend that 175 plat on something else to be honest.

I am part of a clan and saw that. So THATS what that thing if for. I love this game but there is so much to keep track of and learn, god bless you guys in the forum who help us.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, dodorichard said:

I am part of a clan and saw that. So THATS what that thing if for. I love this game but there is so much to keep track of and learn, god bless you guys in the forum who help us.

Thanks all.

I think, that's one of the main uses of the forum. To figure out all the details of this game :)

The problem is, that DE has to do the nasty split between keeping the "old" players (i.e. including new content and new features) and trying to make the game accessible for newer ones (i.e. include tutorials and beginner quests). With a staff twice as big (and the money to pay for that!), that probably wouldn't be a problem :)

So, basically, whenever something's not entirely clear, this here and the wiki are the places to look at (though on the wiki side, you already need to have a hunch, on what you are looking for). There are plenty of active forum members, who enjoy discussing the game :)

20 hours ago, dodorichard said:

Thanks all.

Hey, no problem at all.  I'm glad my bit of info was useful for you. This game is definitely not very new player friendly and horrible at explaining stuff, but from the dev streams it looks like new player experience is something that DE wants to fix.  You are more than welcome to ask more questions here or check out the Warframe wiki.  Most people here are very happy to help one way or another.  :)