The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make MR matter again 2016 ^^

TennoPain

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Nah. MR shows dedication to the game. Its shows you been here awhile & knows the game inside & out. MR takes time to get to the highest possible. Plus can you explain what makes "Newbs" Newbs if they are the same rank as Veterans? 

Step 1: Get slots.

Step 2: Craft a bunch of random weapons and frames at the same time.

Step 3: Buy an affinity booster (or just wait for a double affinity weekend, or get one from Baro).

Step 4: Go to Draco

Step 5: Reach high MR in just weeks or less.

MR does not mean you are not a "newb", and it also doesn't mean you're a veteran.

If you are using quick leveling methods such a Draco to level up your gear, chances are that you are passing off said gear as "mastery fodder" in regards to MR. By doing this, you aren't learning the mechanics of that particular gear, or game mechanics in general. That is why there are so many terrible high MR players, they are basically bypassing what is a huge part of the game's content and not learning how to use all the tools in the toolbox. 

I don't think Mastery Rank proves skill or playtime. It only means you have leveled the gear. I have several warfarmes or weapons I haven't mastered; I don't need to right now. Making mastery rank matter is something the devs mentioned a bit ago though. One consideration is to make prime versions of weapons require more mastery to use or obtain. The example given was making the Boltor Prime require mastery rank 15 instead of its current state. This wouldn't effect players who have already obtained the gear - at least that was the idea -but would make new players have a harder time getting quality equipment.

Its probably better to think in terms of what we think mastery rank means. Is it a way of considering who is a veteran or is it just a way of unlocking more load-out slots and access to relays. If we are trying to represent players being Veteran, play time is probably a better indicator. And if mastery represents our ranking within the Tenno organization, perhaps missions or resources could be made available for higher mastery players. As said, however, its not hard to get a high mastery as long as someone is carrying you. A high mastery though doesn't mean you are ready to take high level challenges or know how to fight as a team. Mastery doesn't equal play experience and never really will.

There are some flaws with this statement

23 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

Like in OLD beta nowadays game is full of newbs with same ranks as VETERANs it just makes me drope out of game.

The rank system is based on gear usage, you can't just pass over usage. Yea, you can get help by using boosters or running missions that give a lot of experience points but that doesn't mean you cheated in getting your mastery rank.

If a noob is the same rank as you... how can you still call them a noob, they reached the same level as you, just at a faster rate.

You must mean since you have played for a longer time then others you should be considered a veteran player.

I don't see why others are concerned with players getting to high MR points at a faster rate then other, what pain does this bring you other then they done it faster.

Yay. Another pseudo-veteran that rage because other people can get to the same state with less efforts now. Stop thinking with your ego and start thinking with your creativity. Your ego says "huh not laegit mr cuz draco exizt, mine IS LEGIT U TWAT i don want 2 be de only 1 that sufer from leveling", so you think to yourself and your popularity before other's one. You should be thinking that Draco permits to new player to not suffer from intense XP grinding.

MR21 here

I dont think MR should matter, its not a leveling system, its not a rank, its not a skill.... its a simple representation of how much 'loot' you have collected. Leave it as that, it needs no changes

EDIT:

Your under the belief MR shows skill, time spent, or some other meaning which isn't what mr means

Edited by Dextral

16 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

If you are using quick leveling methods such a Draco to level up your gear, chances are that you are passing off said gear as "mastery fodder" in regards to MR. By doing this, you aren't learning the mechanics of that particular gear, or game mechanics in general. That is why there are so many terrible high MR players, they are basically bypassing what is a huge part of the game's content and not learning how to use all the tools in the toolbox. 

This really doesn't explain bad players with high MR. After all, it's not the fodder weapons and frames they will be using when you encounter them somewhere other than Draco. Bad players are bad because they lack common sense and don't attempt to coordinate with the squad. I know it's popular to blame Draco for the ills of the Tenno universe, but I'll bet it's far more likely you encounter more capable players because of Draco; players that have actually put forma on stuff!

If you really want to be that elitist then Mastery Rank 21 can only be accessed by people with at least 52,704 Mastery gained from items that have limited availability (Founders, events, sortie, Baro, Vaulted Primes).  With trading a new player can do it but it wont be easy/cheap.  Veterans can do it no problem if they picked up everything first time round.

Edit:  OP isn't a Founder!?  That means there's 9,000 Mastery I have that they can never get!  Although they might have Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal which is 6,000 I'll never get...

Edited by Katinka