Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So there s one thing that really bothers me about Warframes

thegamer118

14 minutes ago, Thural said:

The acolytes are not controlling their warframes through a somatic link, only tenno exposed to void energy can do that, and if you paid attention during shadow dept, you'd know the acolytes are members of the other factions.

The other factions part seems familiar, maybe. Do you know where it was mentioned? I read through most of the quotes from the Event on the wiki. Is it mentioned in the Inbox message from the beginning? Alad V has a couple of lines where he refers to the Acolytes as "Betrayers" which is usually reserved for the Tenno that turned on the Orokin. Unless at this point he's simply calling them that based on ability and appearance similarities to Tenno Warframes.

21 hours ago, Maicael said:

The other factions part seems familiar, maybe. Do you know where it was mentioned? I read through most of the quotes from the Event on the wiki. Is it mentioned in the Inbox message from the beginning? Alad V has a couple of lines where he refers to the Acolytes as "Betrayers" which is usually reserved for the Tenno that turned on the Orokin. Unless at this point he's simply calling them that based on ability and appearance similarities to Tenno Warframes.

I believe it was before the first four missions, which were to gather intel from the factions about the ones who became acolytes

the warframes always have been and better $&%(*$ stay silent protagonists

it has been one of the few things that DE have stuck to, and if they fold on this, then i dunno, i might just have to say goodbye =/

the silent protagonists fits the frames, we really dont need voiced excal/loki/mag/etc

PLZ dont do to WF what Bethesda did to Fallout 4 =/

my theory on this is that Operators can simply communicate telepathically using Void Energy, so the Warframes are made without any sort of speech facility built-in. when talking to non-Tenno, such as Cephalon Simaris, it's likely just us conveying our thoughts, and Simaris can understand and process this.now you might ask, "but we also "talk" to Darvo, how does he know what we're saying?". well I have another theory for that:

as a Corpus, Darvo is excepted to trade with other races in the system. granted, his moral code means he won't follow the Corpus' wishes (much to his father, Frohd Bek's dismay), and he won't sell his wares to the Grineer, something which he despises his people for doing. Corpus are likely fitted with modulators that alter and can translate language, allowing a Trade to take part with any species, on their terms if it makes them more comfortable. chances are that Darvo has a similar function for the Tenno, that translates Tenno thoughts into written speech on a HUD, or into spoken language that he can hear.

personally, I'm hoping for more expansion on the system we have, where we might one day be able to talk with Syndicate Leaders, and make decisions that can change the outcome of a quest. it would also be nice if we could choose how to act: brash and confident, or calm and calculated, and have our words carry real weight by affecting what others truly think of us. right now, we are just Mercenaries, mystical warriors, figures of legend, but what if we actually talked to people, what would they think of us then?