The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Fury - Is it worth?

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

10 answers to this question

That arcane is definitely NOT worth the cost imo. I believe its 40% off of base damage and not modded damage so the damage increase after mods is nothing special really. And definitely not for the price.

Edited by Airwolfen

Even if its only 40% its still a great boost in damage. I think its perfect for melee based frames. And people who don't raid very often will pay more than those who raid daily because the people who raid daily know they have a chance of acquiring their own

Before you go buying this are you sure you have squeezed every ounce of damage you can get from your build? Have you considered arcane strike? Its dirt cheap by comparison. I too am considering a set for my excal but in all honesty I am not sure I even have a need for that extra damage, my exalted blade already shreds everything before it.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

If can pull off a team to raid, definitely just raid. Else it's up to you but remember, it's a good deal if you're happy it and you know you won't have regrets. As for the actual price... I tend to undervalue everything so I can't say, even more so because when I see any in trade chat there's no price beside it.

To pay 2000-3000p to squeeze out 5-10% more damage out of your excall (overall, remember, arcane is not up all the time) is definitely NOT worth it. 

And still ... if you have *tons* of plat and everything else your heart desires anyway, why not? 

I've used avenger in my eb excall but since eb deflects damage from front, it was up way too rarely to be of any real use so I've got back to pendragon. Properly bult excall shreds everything anyway. 

And one more thing, consider getting defensive arcanes, they are cheaper and imo overall better choice then offensive sets. Not strict rule in all cases but mostly. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

20 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

To pay 2000-3000p to squeeze out 5-10% more damage out of your excall (overall, remember, arcane is not up all the time) is definitely NOT worth it. 

And still ... if you have *tons* of plat and everything else your heart desires anyway, why not? 

I've used avenger in my eb excall but since eb deflects damage from front, it was up way too rarely to be of any real use so I've got back to pendragon. Properly bult excall shreds everything anyway. 

And one more thing, consider getting defensive arcanes, they are cheaper and imo overall better choice then offensive sets. Not strict rule in all cases but mostly. 

I was running Avenger as well and it barelly triggers. Strike is ok but not actually that good. Maybe energize would be a better choice?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I was running Avenger as well and it barelly triggers. Strike is ok but not actually that good. Maybe energize would be a better choice?

Just got energize set day back, it is specific toy, good for frames that don't want to use zenurik but have high energy demands, like max range, max STR Saryn with p. flow and low EFF. Excal needs no energy in that quantity. Fury might be a good choice for excal, his crit chance is not too high but with fury duration and berseker /naramon, could give flat 40% additive melee damage boost frequently, which is substantial. 

Personally I will use grace /pendragon on my excal, other helm candidates could be guardian or aegis, both defensive. 

Edited by ThorienKELL