The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage and Steel Fiber

Gorila_Azul

Question

I think I already know the answer to this, but it's always good to make sure. As I understand it, Steel Fiber reduces the amount of damage that you take to your health, and Rage converts part of that health damage into energy. Does that mean that if I have both Steel Fiber and Rage equipped, I will be getting less energy back than without Steel Fiber?

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback, people. To those who mentioned the fragility involved in playing without Steel Fiber: the thing is, the entire reason I put this question up was that, as a Defy focussed Wukong, I just don't find a lot of use for the armor increase, because so long as I have energy, I just never die ( :D ), so that's what makes me wonder if the extra protection is really worth the energy recovery rate loss.

Edited by p_ar7hur
Thanks

8 answers to this question

The answer to your question is yes, you will gain energy from Rage at a slower rate if you have Steel Fiber equipped, because Rage gives you a portion of your lost health back as energy. More health lost = more energy gained.

Now, that being said, trying to run a Rage build without Steel Fiber usually ends up with a downed warframe who has plenty of energy they can't do anything with because, you know, you're dead. The problem is that in a usual Rage build, without Steel Fiber you are just too fragile.

The standard effective build combines Steel Fiber and Rage, and leaves off Redirection. That way your shields go down relatively quickly, so your health is taking damage, but Steel Fiber keeps you alive to use the energy you are building. Remember, you can't use your abilities if you are dead!

Easy to understand.

Rage gives Energy based on how much HP you lose.

Not based on the enemy's attack / damage.

So, Steel Fiber, in this case, just slows the rate you get energy since you'll be losing less HP.

Less damage means less energy, so yes, Steel Fiber reduces the amount of energy you could conceivably get. The survivability boost is usually worth it, though, especially if you've got some means of healing such as Life Strike.

The amount of energy gained from Rage is proportional to the amount of health lost. Steel Fiber causes you to loose less HP than you would loose without it. You get exactly the same ratio of health to energy with and without Steel Fiber.