Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is dead to me. :c

Pawgasm

Question

Hey Tenno, No this isn't a rage quit or something.

I'm just going to explain what's been going on with my game, and why it's literally dead. As in, I can't even play it anymore.

The game won't start. Ever. No matter what I do. I've tried everything known to man.. I mean Tenno.

Screenshot of the broken Launcher

So I've had this "Update Failed" for about 4 days now. It has no reason to be here, It shouldn't be here..but it is. I have gone through every step I can possibly think of.. 

-Turning the router on and off again

-Disabling the firewall

-Reinstalling the game

-Verifying the integrity of the cache

-Uninstalling and deleting literally everything to do with Warframe, and reinstalling a StandAlone Version. (This did NOT work.. It broke my entire network for about a day)

-Doubling the added exceptions through the Firewall, Warframe.exe and warframe64.exe, Again. Even though they were already allowed through.

-In the launcher settings, I've disabled every option, one at a time. 64bit mode is off, DX11 and 10. Everything. Still crashes.

I've tried running the game off my SSD instead of my HDD.

I've tried submitting the issue to Support, and they've failed to help me too. Nothin but Cut and paste responses. The last one was "Your internet is the problem"

Well, There should be no problem at all. 

Here's how the whole thing started, I finished a play session on the 15th. I turned my computer off, and then when I woke up the next day. The game wouldn't work.

I changed no settings, Did nothing with the internet.. Nada.

What's worse is.. I recently, Very recently got the Saryn Prime pack. Poor Primo hasn't even hit Rank 1 yet. Then this happens.

Honestly people, I sincerely doubt that anyone can help. There's nothing more that I can possibly do, save Reinstalling my Entire OS. Not doing that.

Seriously. This stupid, damned launcher just.. It's too temperamental. Not even the GTA5 Launcher causes me this much hassle.

It breaks my heart honestly. :/ But if anyone has ANY ideas.. Something I could do that isn't immediately obvious to anyone. Then maybe? v.v

And I really hope I'm not the only one with this problem. It's just.. It's insane.

The download is complete, and the Play button has finally appeared.. I never would have suspected AVG to be the culprit, Purely because it's never caused any issues before.

I'll remember this for next time. :D
I'll have to add Warframe as an Exception in the AVG settings later on. Right now, Avg totally crashed, which is a bit funny.. 

4 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Do you have access to a second computer?

You can try to download warframe on that, see if it works.

I hope this whole thing works out for you, really I do. 

Hang in there!

No actually. Nothing that I use personally. My mum has a Mac, and my brother has a dying Dv6 HP Laptop.  
:/

3 minutes ago, --Valkyr said:

Maybe it's the DDoS. Try waiting a few days and log in again?

If it's the DDoS, Are other people having the same issue as I am? I don't see too many other topics like this on the Reddit or forums. :o

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Hmm... quite peculiar...

If Support couldn't even help you, it may be a problem with the Computer itself.

Do you have a secondary personal computer? Maybe you could try Warframe on that?

But my PC has been running Warframe flawlessly for nearly 2 years now. I didn't even update any drivers or windows system files after the last time I played the game properly.

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Is there anything that you've installed or run on your pc since the 15th that could change the launcher in anyway? Java perhaps?

In an attempt to get things to work. The only software I changed on my PC, was the Nvidia Driver. I updated that from 360 to Version 364.51.

I've really been trying everything I can think of :/

1 minute ago, Tuiat said:

If it's the DDoS, Are other people having the same issue as I am? I don't see too many other topics like this on the Reddit or forums. :o

A DDos would probably still let people into the game, but won't let them log into the game, but you can still see your warframe and such in the login screen. Your problem seems unqiue.

3 minutes ago, Tuiat said:

In an attempt to get things to work. The only software I changed on my PC, was the Nvidia Driver. I updated that from 360 to Version 364.51.

I've really been trying everything I can think of :/

Have you had this issue since you've updated?

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Have you had this issue since you've updated?

Nope, The problem started well before I updated.

I finished a gaming session, Went to bed. Then when I turned my PC on the next morning, It suddenly wouldn't work.  
It sounds like I'm skipping details, I'm sure but I assure you..I'm not. I tried to jump onto warframe as soon as I woke up, Without changing a thing. :)

If that's the case, I have no clue what's going on.

If nothing changed since the last you played (As far is you know, who knows, maybe one of your family members changed something on your pc when you were asleep) and your internet isn't the issue, perhaps an outside force is stopping you, like someone is DDosing you specifically, but that sounds pretty far fetched.

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

If that's the case, I have no clue what's going on.

If nothing changed since the last you played (As far is you know, who knows, maybe one of your family members changed something on your pc when you were asleep) and your internet isn't the issue, perhaps an outside force is stopping you, like someone is DDosing you specifically, but that sounds pretty far fetched.

I've tried various other online games, and multiplayer modes. Everything has worked just fine. 
Also I did ask My brother and parents if they did anything to the router. They said no. They're not the Techy-ist bunch. If something works, they won't mess with it. ^^

I appreciate the thought. I'm also completely out of ideas. :/

I sent my EE log into support. They said the problem was my internet. "Turn it off and on again" Basically is the shorthand of what they suggested.

Also the Firewall thing, Which I had already done. 

I've tried to research the issue, But it's pretty difficult to pin down.. A lot of people have a "Update failed" problem, But some of the posts I see are from 2014 and very much outdated. 

What I gathered from most of those, was that something was wrong with 64bit mode. It would work when it's disabled. 
I had this problem myself once, The game wouldn't run in 64bit mode, and it did when I disabled it. However now, that can't be the issue anymore since it's already disabled. :/

2 minutes ago, deathcloud9999 said:

Have u try to check your harddisk condition? Maybe your harddisk has bad sector, and warframe installed inside that bad sector.

That's possible. But I did relocate my Warframe to my SSD, which I usually don't ever use for gaming. And it still didn't work.

However, There's an update guys~

went into my Background processes and shut down Msi Killer Network manager, And I disabled AVG temporarily.
And now suddenly.. It's downloading a small update.. It's not crashing. Not getting my hopes up, But this is progress.

6 minutes ago, theclinton said:

Try running it in safe mode or in a virtual machine to completely eliminate that it isnt a rogue process interfering

I haven't got a Virtual Machine, Yet. I'll get onto that.

I'll see what happens after this download finishes. I'm suspecting AVG might be behind this, or the KillerNetwork Manager.

Just now, Tuiat said:

I haven't got a Virtual Machine, Yet. I'll get onto that.

I'll see what happens after this download finishes. I'm suspecting AVG might be behind this, or the KillerNetwork Manager.

Yea they could be killing the update process, I had something like this happen to me back in the day with another game, sometimes its the simplest things. At the very least temp fully deactivate the anti virus/malware and anything of the sort to test

1 minute ago, Tuiat said:

The download is complete, and the Play button has finally appeared.. I never would have suspected AVG to be the culprit, Purely because it's never caused any issues before.

I'll have to add Warframe as an Exception in the AVG settings later on. Right now, Avg totally crashed, which is a bit funny.. 

haha glad to have you rejoin the fight Tenoo

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Let's see, I hope that'll fix it :P

It seems to have done so. :D
I can get into the game now. My boosters have sadly perished though :c But on the bright side, my Ash has finished building :P

2 minutes ago, Tuiat said:

Congratulations :P Now have fun Tenno! :P

Oh no, It's happening again :/

I closed the game to reapply settings and keybindings.

Edit-

I did a Reboot, Re-disabled AVG. Confirmed culprit ;o

Warframe works.

Edited by Tuiat

1 hour ago, Tuiat said:

Maybe it'll help to note what the launcher actually does.

First it Checks for Updates. 

Verifying Download cache.

Crashes.

try to clean up all traces of the game from ur register and system, use something like regcleaner or other program, delete game and launcher files from HDD, clean up register and reinstall it, i was have same trouble and this moves help me, may be it help u2...

and if u play with steam - try to reinstall it too, may be it can help u

Edited by Ari0ch