Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Certain sentinel rework MakeSentinelsGreatAgain

ZiKi1705

On 20.3.2016 at 7:48 PM, zValor said:

Have you actually tried using other sentinels?

Yes, it's fun to have mods inside walls or falling through the floor that you can not reach. Not to mention running out of ammo all the time!

There are good reasons why basically everyone uses Carrier. I mean I see people using something that is not Carrier about as often as I see Limbo or Oberon in-game.

Leave Carrier alone.

Instead, I want an Exilus mod (for my frame) - a new Drift, basically - called Logistics Drift.

Increases the radius for loot pickups by 50%/100%/150%.  Increases Ammo Max Capacity by 5%/10%/15% for both weapons.

This way, we can still have the effects of Carrier without Carrier, but we have to sacrifice an Exilus mod to do it.

This seems like a VERY fair trade to me.  And there will be times I'd still rather go with Carrier, but this way it's WAY less mandatory.

4 hours ago, chuckdm said:

Leave Carrier alone.

Instead, I want an Exilus mod (for my frame) - a new Drift, basically - called Logistics Drift.

Increases the radius for loot pickups by 50%/100%/150%.  Increases Ammo Max Capacity by 5%/10%/15% for both weapons.

This way, we can still have the effects of Carrier without Carrier, but we have to sacrifice an Exilus mod to do it.

This seems like a VERY fair trade to me.  And there will be times I'd still rather go with Carrier, but this way it's WAY less mandatory.

Using a warframe slot for that is definetly not worth it... and pointless.. cause everyone will still use Carrier and have a slot for power drift or cunning drift for their builds...

Carrier must be changed... but not nerfed... changed... Give every companion a way to suck in the loot aka Vacuum mod or a high rank version of it with the same range or greater, and give Carrier another ability... 

47 minutes ago, Vomitous said:

'Please make something besides carrier viable in this highly loot-centric game.'

My point exactly...

47 minutes ago, Vomitous said:

'I stopped using carrier before it was cool, bro. I also vape and do crossfit.'

LOL true that

4 hours ago, Vomitous said:

'Please make something besides carrier viable in this highly loot-centric game.'

vs

So true.

I wish carrier would instead increase our ammo pool and the gain from ammo pick up (+50% more ammo + 50% ammo pick up). The name would still fit as he carry more ammo.

Making some lower tier weapon a lot more viable (almost all automatic secondary weapon) and making mod that increase fire rate less punishing (+30% fire rate VS any elemental mod).

5 hours ago, Vomitous said:

vs

Funny. But those of us who use other companions do so because we want what those companions bring to the table.

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

Funny. But those of us who use other companions do so because we want what those companions bring to the table.

I am sure a lot of the player base would love to branch out and use the others, but the value of vacuum is too high to even consider taking anything else is a problem. its a problem, its a problem to the point that most of the time my carrier dies i don't notice until i am out of ammo or energy. BTW, Can we get some sentinel repair kits to res sentinels mid-mission after they are dead vs just running into a group of mobs to die & res?

8 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

I was being facetious, but there's a real problem. It's not that the other options bring nothing to the table, just that it's often not enough.

I like Helios's scanning and its blade launcher. I like Djinn's dart gun. I like Wyrm's increased range and laser rifle. Carrier's attack mod is only short range, so that's a shortcoming regardless of what weapon you have equipped. I haven't tried the other sentinels yet but I'm working on it.

I wish Kubrow AI was better, I would take one all the time. I wish specifically that the vaunted 'loot collector' Chesa Kubrow that was added actually collected loot. I ran so many experiments and trials trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before I gave up. Since the AI is so terribly broken I wish they would just make it be Vacuum, centered on the dog. Then I would use it.

When I'm solo I can use another companion more easily than when I'm grouped, because I can take my time and loot things as necessary, and use Thief's Wit without feeling like I'm robbing the group of another mod I could put in my frame instead(I still haven't gotten Animal Instinct.) I don't know how other players feel, but if I end a long mission and someone looted a bunch more mods than I got, I feel pretty bad about that. What if a rare I needed dropped? I always mark gold mods, but others don't. Never a problem when I use Carrier.

I like the ideas people are posting about Carrier becoming an ammo or energy economy platform, and Vacuum becoming available on all companions. But then that would just be another 'must-have' mod slot, which they're trying to get away from.. Still, what's worse, a 'must-have' mod slot and getting to use the companion you want, or a 'must-have' companion with the 11 other options gathering dust? Maybe in Companions 2.0(or 3.0 or whatever) they'll build it in as they level, like how they're talking about building Serration into guns..

5 hours ago, Vomitous said:

I don't know how other players feel, but if I end a long mission and someone looted a bunch more mods than I got, I feel pretty bad about that. What if a rare I needed dropped? I always mark gold mods, but others don't. Never a problem when I use Carrier.

i think you highlighted the main reason why carrier over the rest.  

I don't use carrier that much. I use Wyrm way more, actually (Wyrm Prime is currently my most-used sentinel actually) and I think the reason that is is because I'm mostly solo or, at the very least, playing in pubs where loot doesn't always matter. The only frames I use carrier on, personally, are loadouts that I usually use to farm a specific mod (i.e. Nekros) and on Warframes that can't easily collect life support (Like Valkyr.) Sure, sometimes it gets difficult to find energy, being a Mag and all, but that's what your weapons are for.

Honestly, if you went on more sabotage missions than you would like to admit, you start to loose interest in Carrier and look for more interesting options.

Well, that, and the fact that I think Wyrm is just so darn cute :P

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

I'd rather de stop catering to the nope crowd and just expand on other Sentinel strengths. The Helios projecting scanner vision so you could see through walls. Spy missions would be a blast for other frames not Loki for once, since you could see the enemy paths or if their backs were to you. The reworked the radar, just go further already. 

The shade with a invisible bubble that kicks automatically, no second guessing on when you stop. The Wyrm just smashing loot snot out of anything it slams to the ground like Pilferng Swarm. On and on. Each Sentinel is situational and could shine if somebody would 2.0 these guys. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'd rather de stop catering to the nope crowd and just expand on other Sentinel strengths. The Helios projecting scanner vision so you could see through walls. Spy missions would be a blast for other frames not Loki for once, since you could see the enemy paths or if their backs were to you. The reworked the radar, just go further already. 

The shade with a invisible bubble that kicks automatically, no second guessing on when you stop. The Wyrm just smashing loot snot out of anything it slams to the ground like Pilferng Swarm. On and on. Each Sentinel is situational and could shine if somebody would 2.0 these guys. 

Even if those effects were patched in zero people would care due to the impact vacuum has on QOL & game play advantages, its just too good not to use. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

To people who say it won't make a difference to buff go back to when Diriga first came out when he was really good you started seeing  variety . He was broken yes but if you make em good enough people will use them . Wyrm needs more health by the way .

IF vacuum was opened up to all sentinels/kubrows buffing wouldn't be needed to make other options viable. Carrier is used because of vacuum, i don't even have a gun equipped on mine for crying out loud. This issue really needs to be addressed by the dev team in a public outreach to find an alternative purpose for carrier or even just have a discussion in a devstream about this so players know where they stand on this topic. Its really amazing to see the devs take notice of community ideas and requests (see recent changes to bursa units) but they have remained silent (from what i could find) about the idea of moving vacuum to a open mod for all pets or even a passive to all warframes even though the idea has been around for YEARS. I might be a relatively "new" player but there is 2 good sentinels/kurbrows..... Carrier and carrier prime, ZERO others have any value in terms of play, quality of life while playing and utility in comparison. With the recent announcement of a new sentinel that will ease new players into sentinels i feel that even before any of its abilities are announced it will be reduced to obscurity due to the overwhelming value of vacuum. Don't get be wrong I love carrier, more specifically, I love my personal vacuum "carrier", I wouldn't have thrown a potato on it if i didn't. But this leave me unwilling to even consider the thought of trying/using something else.