The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Forum Trolling(?) and How to Deal With It

PikeOrShield

Question

Full Disclaimer:  If parts of this count as naming and shaming, please tell me.  I don't want to get in trouble with the mods, but I also need some questions answered.

So, I am relatively new to internet forums and only really started posting here about a month ago.  The community is great for the most part, but recently I've run into a member who shares a fascination of a certain toxic queen with me.  His numbers usually seem strange, but his English is poor so I just shrugged it off as a language barrier thing...  Until he started insisting to me that Miasma could deal 192k toxin damage to a single enemy by popping spores on said enemy and that I had no idea what I was talking about.  I have gone over the wiki about 10 times and even play-tested, and I'm preeetty sure he's wrong.  I told him and explained the mechanics as I understood them, but he keeps saying I got it wrong.  In real life I'd just get a third party to break the tie, but I think it would qualify as naming and shaming here.  It's not serious enough to report to the mods so I'm at a lose of what I should do.  So I have 2 questions:

1) What the heck should I do?

2) Is he right and am I just crazy?

17 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

1) What the heck should I do?

2) Is he right and am I just crazy?

1- if u are on same platform, get someone ingame, if not, ask him to take screenshots of that number, if he refuses, u know he`s wrong (which he is I think)

2- no, well, partially, u are crazy for starting to believe him without any evidence :P

in general ignore and move on

He is correct however, saryn's spores can stack for unless damage, if you use gas or toxic proc it causes 50% of the damage to then spread with the spore increasing the proc damage of the spore people can do some pretty insane damage with it however its inconsistent and uncommon even if you know what to do
EDIT: It's really hard to do 100% of the time, but heres some picture to show you its possibel

Spoiler

P5GW0jM.jpg

Spoiler

B99Np3j.jpg

Edited by Dextral

2 minutes ago, Dextral said:

He is correct however, saryn's spores can stack for unless damage, if you use gas or toxic proc it causes 50% of the damage to then spread with the spore increasing the proc damage of the spore people can do some pretty insane damage with it however its inconsistent and uncommon even if you know what to do

Yet FAR from 192k

17 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

1- if u are on same platform, get someone ingame, if not, ask him to take screenshots of that number, if he refuses, u know he`s wrong (which he is I think)

2- no, well, partially, u are crazy for starting to believe him without any evidence :P

Thanks for the response.  I'd have him take a screenshot, but I think he will say something along the lines of "it ticks DoT, you can't get it all at once" or something.  I guess I am a bit crazy.

1 minute ago, PikeOrShield said:

Thanks for the response.  I'd have him take a screenshot, but I think he will say something along the lines of "it ticks DoT, you can't get it all at once" or something.  I guess I am a bit crazy.

if it`s with the DoT, he can record it even if with a phone, make a GIF, or anything, it`s not too much for proving himself right is it?

19 minutes ago, Dextral said:

EDIT: It's really hard to do 100% of the time, but heres some picture to show you its possibel

Reveal hidden contents

P5GW0jM.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

B99Np3j.jpg

Thanks, I get that, but the theoretical situation was different: there's a single enemy,  you toxin proc him, cast spore, and then cast miasma.  He was saying I get 192k bonus damage for popping the spores off of him with miasma.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)iAmForever ExE said:

Is this for real? Why is contacting a moderator even an option in this case? 

If you dont believe .. Ok, if you think its trolling, Ok... but this involves no action from any staff member.

I never said I would contact a mod.  In fact I specifically said I would not since it was not serious enough.  I just didn't know what to do in this situation.

Edited by PikeOrShield
grammer

8 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

there's a 322k in that second screenshot....

don't be that guy

1. The images were uploaded AFTER. So please lower the tone a bit there.

2. While I wonder about how long it took to set up that amount of viral (if it was done purely by the ability set saryn has access to) this thread is bout someone stating that a damage count of 192k could be reached by simply popping all spores on a single target by miasma.

7 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

1. The images were uploaded AFTER. So please lower the tone a bit there.

2. While I wonder about how long it took to set up that amount of viral (if it was done purely by the ability set saryn has access to) this thread is bout someone stating that a damage count of 192k could be reached by simply popping all spores on a single target by miasma.

body count is a lovely thing.