The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does exp-sharing with Molecular Prime work?

SasoDuck

Question

Does anyone know how exp sharing with Molecular Prime works? Like, if I hit a bunch of enemies with MP, and then my teammate kills them all, do I get the credit for the kill, or do they? Or do they get credit for the one or two they actually killed and I get credit only for the ones that died from the chain reaction explosions?

I'm mainly interested in regards to earning focus, since shared exp does not give any points towards focus, and how that relates to Nova earning focus exp with Molecular Prime.

5 answers to this question

It rewards those who trigger the kill/chain reaction. It used to be the case that Nova would get all the "reward" on all primed targets, but they changed that when they made MP an expanding AoE rather then an instant AoE.

Count MP as a debuff skill rather then anything else. It makes it easier for you to kill things and die less.

Edited by Lynxh
Added historical notes.

Shared affinity does go to focus now so its not as big a problem but I will check the wiki. I recall reading something about the way m prime splits affinity

Couldn't find the info after looking but Lynxh got the info.

Edited by Caobie
Info hunt update

Enemies that are Primed are treated normally in all situations, except one.
if Player A shoots a Primed Enemy, and it's Prime Explosion chains to 1-999 other Enemies, Chained deaths also count towards Player A who shot that first Enemy.

fear not, Prime doesn't steal all of the XP nowadays. it acts as a debuff, rather than 'i own all of this XP'.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Enemies that are Primed are treated normally in all situations, except one.
if Player A shoots a Primed Enemy, and it's Prime Explosion chains to 1-999 other Enemies, Chained deaths also count towards Player A who shot that first Enemy.

fear not, Prime doesn't steal all of the XP nowadays. it acts as a debuff, rather than 'i own all of this XP'.

I don't think OP is "afraid" of getting all the exp's XD