Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where do I get my daily Focus maxed out?

faresamir7

Question

16 answers to this question

You're not going to like my answer, but Draco. The kicker is, more lenses. Before, all you needed was 1 lens on a frame and 1 on the killing weapon. Now, with the shared focus affinity, I focus farm with my frame and all 3 weapons having a lens on them. With 4 greater lenses, and no companion equipped, I can can get 30k-40k from 3 normal waves on Draco. 

Focus isn't a thing that can be maxed out within a week, you will need few months for that just for one tree.

It isn't meant to be so easy to max it, plus it has a daily limit 100k, which also might explain Draco not helping anymore.

Edit:
for my daily focus I usually just go on some Void Survivals.
Also parts for ducats.

Edited by Sangoma

If you run as Excalibur Radial Javelin on Draco with greater lenses on your frame and weapons you'll get a ton of focus. You just need to be quick when you run out to grab a lens. Use the aim glide and spam radial javelin high in the air while moving and rush back.

21 hours ago, Voidforged said:

Seriously, this^

Ivara is a solo EXP machine due to the current stealth multiplier and alert system, I use her for solo leveling all weapons (except shotguns because you can't silence them) and for farming focus fast.

8 hours ago, Insizer said:

I'll never look at Ivara the same again...

Lets be honest that video is less about Ivara and more about naramon shadow step and the orthos prime with primed reach.  Sure he kicks off the stealth chaining with prowl but that doesn't last long and isn't required.  Then he aids keeping up stealth with sleep arrow but that's no better or different than equinox rest or mirage prism/blind or just slower more careful game play.

Kind of telling that the video doesn't show him waiting out the cool down or activating naramon.

Just now, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Lets be honest that video is less about Ivara and more about naramon shadow step and the orthos prime with primed reach.  Sure he kicks off the stealth chaining with prowl but that doesn't last long and isn't required.  Then he aids keeping up stealth with sleep arrow but that's no better or different than equinox rest or mirage prism/blind or just slower more careful game play.

Kind of telling that the video doesn't show him waiting out the cool down or activating naramon.

Sleep arrows are used to prevent mobs becoming alert when you hit them more than once with a melee weapon. Equinox is the only other frame that can do this, although her sleep radius is smaller and it's slightly harder to kick off the stealth chaining.

Mirage won't work. Hitting a blind enemy still causes it to become alert. 

It's quite possible to do it all in prowl, I used to, until I found that Naramon lets you do it faster. Additionally, the Strategic Execution node grants an additional 25% affinity for melee kills.

Before Ivara I used to do it on Loki, with War. It felt much clunkier and it was also quite common to break your stealth streak when you killed a group of mobs because one just happened to be outside your swing radius and witnessed the attempt at genocide. 

Edited by Voidforged

6 hours ago, Voidforged said:

Sleep arrows are used to prevent mobs becoming alert when you hit them more than once with a melee weapon. Equinox is the only other frame that can do this, although her sleep radius is smaller and it's slightly harder to kick off the stealth chaining.

Mirage won't work. Hitting a blind enemy still causes it to become alert. 

It's quite possible to do it all in prowl, I used to, until I found that Naramon lets you do it faster. Additionally, the Strategic Execution node grants an additional 25% affinity for melee kills.

1. Equinox rest vs Ivara sleep arrow is a wash IMO.  You get a slightly larger radius with arrow but rest is easier to cast because you aren't dealing with the Ivara arrow mechanic.  Probably that mechanic works better on PC but on console I find it to be clunky.  Not bad when that's the only power you use, but going back and forth from arrows and other powers.  You can also cast rest from 125 meters away and don't need LOS to do it.  The arrow doesn't need LOS either but you do need a clear flight path to somewhere near the target.

2. Mirage works fine.  KILLING a blind enemy doesn't alert anything.  If you aren't one-shotting everything in the mission then you are using the wrong weapon.

3. And this is my point.  The post and video make it seem like Ivara is some focus farming goddess when she's simply one of several options.  Naramon was the star of the video and its not mentioned nor is it clear it is being used unless you pay attention to the transition from prowl to it. 

TLDR - Ivara is great for stealth but she isn't required.

It depends on how many lenses you have and what frame there on.

But I can tell you can goto Draco with any frame and with lenses on the frame, Primary,Secondary and Melee you can make 20-25  for four rounds (no booster)

8 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I can gather that much. Ivara is turning invisible while sprinting, and thus not using Prowl. But I still stand by my words. I thought of Ivara as being a half-baked frame which is so highly themed she scrapes the bottom of usefulness. I could list why, but this is not the place for that. This video shows here being fairly useful and how effective sleep arrow is for highly mobile gameplay, something which I thought she was pretty bad at (aside from artemis bow + energy regen), tbh. I still think she has significant issues but she is not as bad as I thought. So I guess 3/4 baked?

8 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

*shrug* I do the same thing with Madurai focus (don't even bother activating it).  If you have enough str to keep 100% power strength pickpocket can keep your prowl supplied indefinitely. 

53 minutes ago, Insizer said:

I can gather that much. Ivara is turning invisible while sprinting, and thus not using Prowl. But I still stand by my words. I thought of Ivara as being a half-baked frame which is so highly themed she scrapes the bottom of usefulness. I could list why, but this is not the place for that. This video shows here being fairly useful and how effective sleep arrow is for highly mobile gameplay, something which I thought she was pretty bad at (aside from artemis bow + energy regen), tbh. I still think she has significant issues but she is not as bad as I thought. So I guess 3/4 baked?

3/4 baked is probably a fair assessment.  The arrow mechanic is neat in its flexibility but at a fast pace it loses a lot.  For instance it would be really nice to alternate noise arrows to group enemies with sleep arrow to take them out of commission.  But the way the mechanic works you are just rarely going to bother -- casting 2 sleep arrows a little ways apart is just easier.

And her 2nd is mostly a gimmick.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

3/4 baked is probably a fair assessment.  The arrow mechanic is neat in its flexibility but at a fast pace it loses a lot.  For instance it would be really nice to alternate noise arrows to group enemies with sleep arrow to take them out of commission.  But the way the mechanic works you are just rarely going to bother -- casting 2 sleep arrows a little ways apart is just easier.

And her 2nd is mostly a gimmick.

I only use noise arrows when leveling explosive weapons, and then they shine. Navigator is only useful IMO in like, two spy vaults, that's it.