The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How landing craft really looks like from the outside?

DeathSentenceZ

I always been wondering that there so many different landing craft e.g(Mantis, Liset, Scimitar, Xiphos) and the interior is always the same.

Finally I have seen the exterior of the Landing Craft we are on for so long. Below are some of the image i capture.

1. Overall Image of the Landing Craft

vBadICt.jpg

2. Top of the navigation segment

d1cotUo.jpg

3. Front view

d3Z9M7S.jpg

H40Z94x.jpg

4. Codex Segment

bCA8oPv.jpg

LWA03CE.jpg

5. Market Segment

SI2BlCY.jpg

17Fwpyo.jpg

6. Focus Segment

uLnpcBX.jpg

Edited by DeathSentenceZ
extra info

2 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

They have just been to lazy to make new interiors for the new exteriors. However, the lower part should stay the same as that is not the Landing Craft but the Orbiter; the upper part should change though.

The landing craft is just a landing craft. these images are part of The Orbiter.

1 minute ago, TheFatDrake said:

The landing craft is just a landing craft. these images are part of The Orbiter.

The lower part is the Orbiter, the upper part is the Landing Craft. It is an image of both the Landing Craft and Orbiter.

As of now, the generic interior of our landing craft resembles only the Liset, but after descending the ramp we're no longer in the landing craft, but in the Orbiter, an enormous ship for us, where everything we have and more is stored.

I'd like new interiors matching the Mantis' and etc design in the landing craft section.

They may have said at some point the upper platform is the liset but I disagree. It can't be. It isn’t shaped/sized right and there's no inside view of the docking collar. So I say the upper level is the Orbiter bridge, and the landing craft dock elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

They may have said at some point the upper platform is the liset but I disagree. It can't be. It isn’t shaped/sized right and there's no inside view of the docking collar. So I say the upper level is the Orbiter bridge, and the landing craft dock elsewhere. 

...Kinetos, in the beginning of the game Ordis and the Lotus call the lower part the 'orbiter compartment' and the upper part the 'landing craft'.

2 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

...Kinetos, in the beginning of the game Ordis and the Lotus call the lower part the 'orbiter compartment' and the upper part the 'landing craft'.

In the beginning of the game we were the Warframe and the orbiter had no chairs. The Glaive isn't a polearm despite using the name of one. If that's really the lander, it needs a complete redo even for the liset type. Where is the inside exit for the rotating airlock? 

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

In the beginning of the game we were the Warframe and the orbiter had no chairs. The Glaive isn't a polearm despite using the name of one. If that's really the lander, it needs a complete redo even for the liset type. Where is the inside exit for the rotating airlock? 

I will not try arguing with you when you don't know this simple knowledge.

15 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

They have just been to lazy to make new interiors for the new exteriors. However, the lower part should stay the same as that is not the Landing Craft but the Orbiter; the upper part should change though.

nope , here leme explain 

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

This is the "orbiter" if you can see in front were is liset , only liset can dock like this do to its shape , liset is also used as navigation console and other things .

This is the reason why interior is the same no matter wich ship you pick , mantis , scimintar and xiphos are exellery landing crafts most likely docked in "orbiters" hanger , they dont have interior becouse they just "exellery landing crafts"

4 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I know this information, but I think it's inconsistent between what it's supposed to be and what is there to see. 

Then don't call the upper part the orbiter if it is stated in the lore that it is the landing craft.

1 minute ago, Basdiow said:

Then don't call the upper part the orbiter if it is stated in the lore that it is the landing craft.

Dude. The upper part can't fit in such a tiny craft:

latest?cb=20140723060917

You must've missed Vor's Prize's first mission... The craft's height hardly equals that of the frame.

3 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

the only ship what can attach to orbiter is liset , liset is part of orbiter = same interior no matter wich ship you use .

Edited by bad4youLT

7 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

nope , here leme explain 

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

This is the "orbiter" if you can see in front were is liset , only liset can dock like this do to its shape , liset is also used as navigation console and other things .

This is the reason why interior is the same no matter wich ship you pick , mantis , scimintar and xiphos are exellery landing crafts most likely docked in "orbiters" hanger , they dont have interior becouse they just "exellery landing crafts"

This makes insane amount of sense. I never thought of it like that. Now I want to explore the orbiter even more to find this hangar. 

3 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Dude. The upper part can't fit in such a tiny craft:

latest?cb=20140723060917

You must've missed Vor's Prize's first mission... The craft's height hardly equals that of the frame.

I am sorry that they got the proportions wrong. However, no matter how much you bring that point up the lore still states that the upper part is the landing craft and that will remain a fact. This is what you are saying:

When we invade Grineer/Corpus ships we are not actually invading a ship because the map never matches the size of shape of the ship.

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

the only ship what can attach to orbiter is liset , liset is part of orbiter = same interior no matter wich ship you use .

I am not even going to argue with you when you bring up such a poor point as that. 

4 minutes ago, Basdiow said:

Liset is too small to fit the interior in it, and the interior has no ventral airlock. It can't be what makes up the upper level based on these observations. I know they say otherwise. But given the discrepancy, one of 2 things is true, the Liset is not used as the Orbiter bridge, or they need to completely remodel one or the other. Guess which is easier to change? The lore. 

Liset is too small to fit the interior in it, and the interior has no ventral airlock. It can't be what makes up the upper level based on these observations. I know they say otherwise. But given the discrepancy, one of 2 things is true, the Liset is not used as the Orbiter bridge, or they need to completely remodel one or the other. Guess which is easier to change? The lore. 

Except is is large enough, the Liset extends from the front to the end of the ramp, plus the area we cannot enter where the engine and fuel is stored.

There, I proved you wrong.

I'd like to know where the large glass in front of the navigation console is on the original Orbiter sketch.

And damn, all I can see is the Excalibur on top of the Orbiter now that someone mentioned it in a previous thread.

1 minute ago, matto said:

I'd like to know where the large glass in front of the navigation console is on the original Orbiter sketch.

And damn, all I can see is the Excalibur on top of the Orbiter now that someone mentioned it in a previous thread.

You probably din't put in much thought when you typed 'sketch', din't you.

It was subject to change at the time of it being sketched, so you can't really point out anything with regards to that.

Also, Dem Excalibur.

PRAISE THE SUN.

1 minute ago, Basdiow said:

Except is is large enough, the Liset extends from the front to the end of the ramp, plus the area we cannot enter where the engine and fuel is stored.

There, I proved you wrong.

Where is the airlock? Show me that or you prove nothing. It's not down by the ramp, it's closer to the front of the Liset. Where the Nav Console is in the interior. There's no room for the airlock. 

Where is the airlock? Show me that or you prove nothing. It's not down by the ramp, it's closer to the front of the Liset. Where the Nav Console is in the interior. There's no room for the airlock. 

The airlock is concealed between the Market and Codex tables, in front of the ramp and behind the Nav Console.

Still, no matter how much you say 'ew, they got the art wrong', it will remain the Landing Craft until the lore states otherwise.