Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make Winds of purity work for Dex furis

Abc1000

The reason for Syndicate augments, as far as I know, was to give buffs through specific mods to otherwise unused or uncommon weapons. If Winds of Purity were to work on Dex Furis, there would be no reason in ever touching Furis again, and the whole point would be lost.

I don't see this happening.

9 minutes ago, Abc1000 said:

Well, same could be said of Dex furis. They collect dust if one has sonicor, lex, marelok....

Exactly. The Dex Furis deserve to be able to equip this mod just as much as the regular Furis. Saying that it would make the Furis irrelevant is ironically just as irrelevant. If you prefer the Furis, by all means, use it instead, but do not penalize other weapons and players. That would be selfish and pointless.

47 minutes ago, Evan-0-matic said:

Would be way too effective at regaining health and thus OP. It's almost OP on the single Furis when modded for fire rate and reload along with straight damage. I should know, it's my emergency button during Sorties. Haha. 

No it wouldn't, since the mod literally only needs one or two shots to fill you up. Putting it on a dex fruis would still fill you up in one or two shots, and would encourage you to use that weapon more. Which would be a good thing, since I've barely seen it since its release a year ago. People just leveled it, enjoyed it and shelved it, cause it was a fruis and didn't scale well.

34 minutes ago, Sakatchi said:

No it wouldn't, since the mod literally only needs one or two shots to fill you up. Putting it on a dex fruis would still fill you up in one or two shots, and would encourage you to use that weapon more. Which would be a good thing, since I've barely seen it since its release a year ago. People just leveled it, enjoyed it and shelved it, cause it was a fruis and didn't scale well.

Ok, bud... You must be using the mod and the single Furis on very low level missions or you have a very low health frame setup. 

Take the the Furis to a sortie with Max damage mods and you will see it takes at least a mag, maybe two to fill up the health of a frame that hits 700+ HP. I do this for my main (Atlas) on many difficult sorties. Especially enemy armor modifiers, it takes forever to refill health on them.

With the Dex though? It would be way too easy... Those things are stronger than most know or admit.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen as well! But like others have mentioned, it would be too strong and it would throw the Furis into a swallow grave forever. 

5 hours ago, Evan-0-matic said:

Ok, bud... You must be using the mod and the single Furis on very low level missions or you have a very low health frame setup. 

Take the the Furis to a sortie with Max damage mods and you will see it takes at least a mag, maybe two to fill up the health of a frame that hits 700+ HP. I do this for my main (Atlas) on many difficult sorties. Especially enemy armor modifiers, it takes forever to refill health on them.

With the Dex though? It would be way too easy... Those things are stronger than most know or admit.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen as well! But like others have mentioned, it would be too strong and it would throw the Furis into a swallow grave forever. 

You do realize you just basically supported my argument with that. It wouldn't be op, since it heals biased off of how much damage you do. In sorties you fight stuff with stupid amounts of armor, and you wont do all that much damage, thus healing you less, thus causing you to spend more time spraying them with your derpy dex fruis doing no damage frantically trying to heal.

And yes, you are right, I was referring to using it in the void, not against turbo armored enemies.

Do I think that this should happen from a balance standpoint?  No.

Do I think that this should happen from a continuity standpoint?  Yes.

The Skana mod works on the Prisma Skana.  The Vulkar mod works on the Vulkar Wraith.  I understand these are not 100% equivelent, but yes, it would make a LOT of sense for the Furis mod to work on the Afuris, and by extension, also on the Dex Furis.

Unless we're getting a Furis Prime some time soon, in which case the mod would make more sense there, instead.

Also, DE, can we get a Furis Prime?  I have no idea if I'd even use it, but right now I have 0 automatic prime secondaries.  Ok, sure, Hikou Prime, but I mean something that fires, yanno, bullets and such.

Edited by chuckdm

12 hours ago, Vyrndragon said:

The reason for Syndicate augments, as far as I know, was to give buffs through specific mods to otherwise unused or uncommon weapons. If Winds of Purity were to work on Dex Furis, there would be no reason in ever touching Furis again, and the whole point would be lost.

I don't see this happening.

Noone uses Dexfuris anyway.

1 hour ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Noone uses Dexfuris anyway.

6 formas, still wouldn't take it to anything over t2 cept as eye-candy on the hips. Thing at max dps is still laughable , and then its ammo-less. At least the Aug would give you a reason for using the ammo guzzler.

12 hours ago, Sakatchi said:

You do realize you just basically supported my argument with that. It wouldn't be op, since it heals biased off of how much damage you do. In sorties you fight stuff with stupid amounts of armor, and you wont do all that much damage, thus healing you less, thus causing you to spend more time spraying them with your derpy dex fruis doing no damage frantically trying to heal.

And yes, you are right, I was referring to using it in the void, not against turbo armored enemies.

Haha. Yes, I do realize that... But I only really supported the 'buff' for sortie and maybe later scaling in T4 missions. 

Anything below or on the vinilla star chart and they would be pretty ridiculous. But honestly after reading the comment above mine about the Prisma Skana and thinking of all the other OP weapons (simulator (sp?)) and abilities (Val Kittie) DE has given us... Then I change my opinion, and say, 'Why the hell not?'

DE, let us use the syndicate mod on the Dex Furis! Please. 

20 hours ago, chuckdm said:

The Skana mod works on the Prisma Skana.  The Vulkar mod works on the Vulkar Wraith.

7 hours ago, Ellthan said:

Skana augment also works on skana prime.

Okay, I've seen this topic once before about just making Winds of Purity work on the AkFuris, but this is the first time I've seen people use the Skana and Vulkar augments as an argument, and allow me to say I've come to the understanding people asking for this are completely ignorant to how these augments work.

First, let's look at Bright Purity, an augment for Skana that works on the regular Skana, Prisma Skana, and Skana Prime, Instead of looking at this and saying "Oh, this shows that a Furis mod should work for AkFuris/Dex Furis", why not look at why Bright Purity works the way it does instead? Bright Purity, at its core, is a Skana augment, but it works on all three variants because they fall within the "Skana Family" of Longswords. Blades of Justice, a Dual Cleavers augment, works on the Dual Cleavers and Prisma Dual Cleavers because they both fall under the "Dual Cleaver" family of Dual Swords. Lasting Purity works on the Vulkar and Vulkar Wraith because... Well, I hope you see where this is going. The only augment that breaks this pattern is Gilded Truth, made to only work with the Burston Prime. If it were made for the base Burston, it would work for all Burstons we currently have, but unless we get something that's basically the "Prime of a Prime", Gilded Truth will only work on the Burston Prime.

To further this example, let's again compare Bright Purity to Winds of Purity: Bright Purity works on Skana, Prisma Skana, and Skana Prime, but not Dual Skana, and you know why? It's because one is a "family" of weapons from the Longsword tree, while the other is its own weapon in the Dual Sword tree. The same can be said about the Furis, AkFuris, and Dex Furis: The Furis is a single-wielded sidearm, while the AkFuris and Dex Furis are dual-wielded sidearms. What does this boil down to? The Furis and its dual counterparts fall into separate families of "single-wielded" and "Akimbo", so by asking DE to make the Furis mod work on AkFuris/Dex Furis, you're basically asking DE to make an augment designed for a weapon to work on a completely different weapon! If you really want a Winds of Purity for the AkFuris/Dex Furis, why not ask DE to make an augment for it called, I don't know, "Gale of Purity" or something?

Finally, I apologize if I sound entitled with this post, but I'm honestly tired of seeing people ask for something to work before  taking the time to understand its mechanics first.