Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Computer repairs = no warframe for few days

Cosmic_Elf

What the heck did you do to your computer that will take 5 days to fix?

This is coming from a dude who works in the industry, and at most stuff takes us a day to fix. Unless parts are needed, but mostly you can get next day delivery. 

Also it isn't an issue to borrow a mates PC to do all your login jazz. 

AdunSaveMe , it installed , and ran, and got the three weapons yay ... Had to load it in 32 bit mode, because it was crashing.. But lowered all the graphics settings, just to move about in the ship.. Can't play missions , the game runs to slow on this old machine... At least I can fuse mods , build foundry stuff etc and do stuff inside the spaceship until my computer is fixed.

56 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

What the heck did you do to your computer that will take 5 days to fix?

This is coming from a dude who works in the industry, and at most stuff takes us a day to fix. Unless parts are needed, but mostly you can get next day delivery. 

Also it isn't an issue to borrow a mates PC to do all your login jazz. 

It's the laptop screen that needs to be fixed... Best to get it done and over with , with no cost before my warranty expires. They say the longest it would take is between 3 to 5 days.the problem is the anti reflective coating is coming off, and it gets worse over time, and it's a factory defect, in specific models.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf
Adding extra

1 minute ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

It's the laptop screen that needs to be fixed... Best to get it done and over with , with no cost before my warranty expires.

If it's under manufacturers warranty I guess I can accept the delay, usually a rep from the company has to come and do it. 

If it were me, I'd spend the two hundred bucks to get them to fix it on the spot. But then again, I am a little biased there. 

1 minute ago, Sixty5 said:

If it's under manufacturers warranty I guess I can accept the delay, usually a rep from the company has to come and do it. 

If it were me, I'd spend the two hundred bucks to get them to fix it on the spot. But then again, I am a little biased there. 

Not easy when you are paying off credit cards, and wish to spend as little as possible.. If the cards were full , I would do the same. Need some for plat in the future ...

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

4 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

Not easy when you are paying off credit cards, and wish to spend as little as possible.. If the cards were full , I would do the same. Need some for plat in the future ...

Indeed, I just have some bad experiences working with those guys. We had an HP rep come in to fix a power port on a laptop, it took them a week and two attempts to fix something I could have fixed in half an hour. 

But certified work is what is required for a warranty