Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psyonix Is Moving Towards PS4-XBOX Cross Platform...

(PSN)WiiConquered

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/22/rocket-league-devs-have-figured-out-ps4-xbox-one-cross-network-play

Could DE make it work for Warframe?

To be clear, I'm referring to console cross-platform only; PC's faster, less stable update cycle wouldn't work for us. But PS4 and XBox are usually updated within a week of each other. The benefits of consolidating the console playerbase outweigh the two-three day wait easily, and if Rocket League can get Sony and Microsoft to agree to a deal, Warframe shouldn't be far behind. But do you think it's plausible or worthwhile?

All platforms have different builds because of the exclusive skins from both Ps4 and Xbone, so that wouldn't work out unless there's a work around which I doubt there will be. Also, DE won't just allow it because it wouldn't be fair to PC.

I actually made a similar thread like this a few days ago. It can be possible. But the only thing about Ps4 & Xb1. Is we have different alerts, invasions from ps4. In order for this to be a thing for Warframe. Ps4 & Xb1 will have to be sync'd together so we can get the same alerts, invasions & such.

After that then I'm sure it can be done. Really up to the devs. We should keep asking this on a Devstream thread so it can catch Rebecca's attention & see what she says.

We'll have to see how the experiences between Sony and Micro players are through Rocket League first before any others come in in my personal opinion.

Rocket League is volunteering to test the waters, so I would wait for an update on how they do with a full cross platform (including PC sine they're linked to PS as well) before involving anyone else.

Just now, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

We'll have to see how the experiences between Sony and Micro players are through Rocket League first before any others come in in my personal opinion.

Rocket League is volunteering to test the waters, so I would wait for an update on how they do with a full cross platform (including PC sine they're linked to PS as well) before involving anyone else.

Yuup then there's this. Totally right. If all goes well. I guess DE could give it a look & see if it's something they want to do.

Policy things....are preventing this.

I just hope that they could eventually come to a mutual agreement and allow other games to become cross playable, especially PS4-Xbox One, but then again...tactical alerts and stuff may cause things to change..

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SofeSNBR said:

I want to remind you that, there have been times when ps4 has gotten update before xbox one.... and for this very same reason, we cant have cross-play with PC.

Outside of XBox's release update, I don't think we've ever been more than a week ahead of them. A few hundred thousand players > a week IMO.

8 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Policy things....are preventing this.

I just hope that they could eventually come to a mutual agreement and allow other games to become cross playable, especially PS4-Xbox One, but then again...tactical alerts and stuff may cause things to change..

True, but Microsoft essentially offered an olive branch to Sony after years of being the obstructionists, so hopefully that change is coming sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

Outside of XBox's release update, I don't think we've ever been more than a week ahead of them. A few hundred thousand players > a week IMO.

True, but Microsoft essentially offered an olive branch to Sony after years of being the obstructionists, so hopefully that change is coming sooner rather than later.

Thing is, there is always a chance that  ps4 or XB1 build wont pass cert, if we go cross-console play, wich ever build did pass cert, cant go ahead release build. This might anger people. I honestly dont care, i dont see a problem with this idea and neither do i see need for it. Psyonix obiviously dont have this problem, as rocket league isnt F2P game so it dont need relay constant updates to survive. Also i believe this whole deal is been done esports(those ad money bruh) in mind by sony, M$ and psyonix. Cant see WF going there anytime soon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Dont forget that we also have different relays (need confirmation).

The way i see it, maybe we can limit crossplay to conclave only (short term goal)

Technically speaking because of the hint some time ago that relays could be rebuilt. Consoles would have a fresh start on them to defend again as would PC whenever that day came about.