Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios stoping to shoot?

DeFragMe

Question

So hello, the question is quite simple and anoys me since quite a long time, but...

why does the Helios combined with deconstructed tend to attck a enemy sometimes once and sometimes thrice , and more often than not stops attacking alltogether for the next 1-10 mins? Is there a reason to this or am i missing something?

18 answers to this question

It can be your mod set up causing problems.

Take Targeting Receptor off Helios (useless, sometimes annoying and better mods exist)

Remember that "ability" mods for sentinels are prioritized in the order that you put them on your sentinel. Meaning if mods like: Detect Vulnerability, Guardian, Investigator, are placed before "Targeting Receptor" then Helios might not shoot anything because it is preoccupied with the previously named ability mods. So either place Targeting Receptor in front of the other mods (first slot) or take my advice and remove it completely.

Also: Try experimenting by switching out or combining these mods on Deconstructor: Quick Return, (primed) Reach, Power Throw and Rebound

They might make a difference.

gl

Edited by ArcticMantis

2 hours ago, ArcticMantis said:

It can be your mod set up causing problems.

Take Targeting Receptor off Helios (useless, sometimes annoying and better mods exist)

Remember that "ability" mods for sentinels are prioritized in the order that you put them on your sentinel. Meaning if mods like: Detect Vulnerability, Guardian, Investigator, are placed before "Targeting Receptor" then Helios might not shoot anything because it is preoccupied with the previously named ability mods. So either place Targeting Receptor in front of the other mods (first slot) or take my advice and remove it completely.

Also: Try experimenting by switching out or combining these mods on Deconstructor: Quick Return, (primed) Reach, Power Throw and Rebound

They might make a difference.

gl

exactly what i was thinking. and yes put Targeting Receptor on the bottom right to make it the least prioritized ability.

46 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wouldn't this mean Helios becomes unable to attack entirely? Or is that the point you're trying to make?

If you remove the mod yes, however changing the order might help you. However if u r using Helios i assume you are doing it for utility and not damage so you could consider removing it all together.

For some reason when the enemy Helios is targeting dies, it will do a forced reload and not find a new target. I think sometimes targets die so fast Helios won't attack anything since its chosen target dies immediately and it reloads (or tries to, with full clip?).

49 minutes ago, The66Monkey said:

exactly what i was thinking. and yes put Targeting Receptor on the bottom right to make it the least prioritized ability.

If you remove the mod yes, however changing the order might help you. However if u r using Helios i assume you are doing it for utility and not damage so you could consider removing it all together.

i will try the reordering when iam back from work. maybe it wil help.

and no, i dont use the helios for utility reasons, i only got event/quest stuff left to scan (every time i take a 1-2month break there is a event and i miss it). i generally use it for no special reason. Since a few updates your sentinel is always shown when clocked(it is shown as hidden but enemie sees it without shooting at it) so i tried to use it at least for damage. But my year long problem of the helios to stop shooting for a few min persisted throu the updates. so i asked and hopped someone had the same problem and knows how to fix it.

PS: written from smartphone

40 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

i will try the reordering when iam back from work. maybe it wil help.

and no, i dont use the helios for utility reasons, i only got event/quest stuff left to scan (every time i take a 1-2month break there is a event and i miss it). i generally use it for no special reason. Since a few updates your sentinel is always shown when clocked(it is shown as hidden but enemie sees it without shooting at it) so i tried to use it at least for damage. But my year long problem of the helios to stop shooting for a few min persisted throu the updates. so i asked and hopped someone had the same problem and knows how to fix it.

PS: written from smartphone

I think Wyrm prime or Carrier prime will do a lot more damage. I use prime sweeper and the damage is insane with a potato and 3 forma.

Just now, The66Monkey said:

I think Wyrm prime or Carrier prime will do a lot more damage. I use prime sweeper and the damage is insane with a potato and 3 forma.

well, i would if i had the darn last pice from both of them that never drop for me and noone sells me.

but still, the question itself is not about "what does most damage" because that i know. the question is " why does it stops for minits without doing anything when 5 enemys are next to me melleeing me and another 2 shooting at me"

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wouldn't this mean Helios becomes unable to attack entirely? Or is that the point you're trying to make?

I use my Helios without Targeting Receptor and he targets and kills just fine. The mod only makes Helios attack first target in sight.

6 hours ago, The66Monkey said:

My point is that if you place Targeting Receptor on Helios place it top left so that it is highest priority. Placing it last may confuse Helios because it will focus on its other abilites/utilities first. And if he is busy with the other mods he might not get to the part of shooting first target in sight or firing at all.

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just speculating. Personally I play without Targeting Receptor at all and my Helios steals my kills all the time. Plus with primed reach and on deconstructor he qualifies for sniper (on par with Diriga's Vulklok with added collateral damage at range with Rebound on and also wide status effect)

30 minutes ago, ArcticMantis said:

I use my Helios without Targeting Receptor and he targets and kills just fine. The mod only makes Helios attack first target in sight.

Weird, the wiki told me that taking Target Receptor off makes Helios unable to attack entirely. I'll need to test this

I tried now a few things (still trying other stuff) and the things i noticed :

1)Without target receptor it does not shoot, no matter what i do, does not even target them. Reach makes no difference

2)with target receptor it does target the enemy and i can see that (target is tilted downwards to the enemy) and i can run around in circles for 2-5 min and it just never gives of a shot. but only after shooting 3-4 times , something like this. Maybe the reaload?

3) doesnt matter where i place the target receptor, i see no difference.

Example : not shooting

Warframe0036.jpg

over the whole mission, my helios made 2 kills, and i only fought with obex in close combat, without using prowl or makeing them sleep (obex takes 1-2 sec per enemie to kill since level gear)

Edit after some runs:

Tried multiple setups with as last option a clean helios (only redirection, vitality and target receptor) and a clean deconstructor (no mods on it).

it always stoped after 5-6 hits exactly, after a revive he did it again. So I was thinking that the reloding itself might be the problem. But i cant add reload on a Melee weapon

Edited by DeFragMe
Wrong Picture, cant find the old one anymore

Since this morning (in my country morning) i did a few more runs, i noticed some other funny stuff:

-)It does not seem to be the helios at fault her, since every weapon works fine

-)The Deconstructor is always used exact 6 times, no matter the mods used and then stops working

-)The Fault seems to be in the reload. The deconstructor itself has a magazin of 6 (dont ask me why a melee weapon needs a magazin, probably because it can have mutliple parts flying at the time, depending on the target receptor mod level) and no reload time written. There are also no reload funktions for mellee afterall. E.g. glaive works as soon as it is back in the hand.

-)After dieying and respawning with the respawn funktion, it works again. Respawning sets a full clip again, so it only furthers the idea that the reload is at fault

-)i havent met anyone so far that used helios with deconstructor... so i cant ask anyone... they tend to use carrier, or helios with sweeper prime for scan reason

Just now, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Deconstructor uses parts of Helios as a projectiles, thats the reason why he can ´t be equiped with another Sentinel, pbb this synergy is broken, if i rememember corectly, a long time ago, last part (projectile) didn ´t return and was flying around 

I thought that too, that the last part is just missing, but no. With least possible rebounds the projectil hits and instantly flys back. and i counted it , quite many times. The really funny part afterall is, that it is always exactly 6 hits like the shown magazin size.

23 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

I thought that too, that the last part is just missing, but no. With least possible rebounds the projectil hits and instantly flys back. and i counted it , quite many times. The really funny part afterall is, that it is always exactly 6 hits like the shown magazin size.

Looks like Deconstructor don ´t register, that all parts of Helios are back and it ´s time to reload

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Looks like Deconstructor don ´t register, that all parts of Helios are back and it ´s time to reload

yeah, or it cant reload. i mean there is no reload time written on the weapon afterall.... dunno if you got a helios too, but could you try if it works for you? would be interesting to know if the problem only is for me (why ever that should be since i tried a lot) or if some else have the problem too.

Edited by DeFragMe

36 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

yeah, or it cant reload. i mean there is no reload time written on the weapon afterall.... dunno if you got a helios too, but could you try if it works for you? would be interesting to know if the problem only is for me (why ever that should be since i tried a lot) or if some else have the problem too.

Most used here, thx to high damage (dealing only headshots) and thx that he is silent, i can ´t imagine any other Sentinel with Blind Excalibur, unfortunatly im on PS4 where he works fine, except that he desapear in Uranus missions when u start from watter or fall into water, maybe your bug will be included in our upcoming Update, for now i recomend to make a topic in Bug forum