Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultframe, Press4Frame, Nukeframe, Uberframe

Hayden11121

All this game does anymore is just have people when any problem shows up press 4 and keep on moving.

Doesn't matter the scenario, some people will spam it indefinitely for almost every encounter getting into the double digits worth of enemies.

I prefer to use my gun, and use abilities to help me, or save me. Not have them win every war.

Hell, go into a defense mission. There is a frost freezing everyone, banshee playing dubstep and blasting everyone's ears. There is an ember pissing fire on chargers.

Nobody even uses guns anymore.

Can a cooldown system be implemented? Or make the ubers cost more? This is getting down right ridiculous seeing all the flashy ubers killing everything while I aim down the sights and actually attempt to kill.

Currently the 4 key is your main and only source of staying alive when you're getting stunlocked while in the center of attention of a whole room of baddies in a high level mission/late defense wave. Regardless of how good you are with your gun, you will need to reload it eventually and the 10 Rollers/Runners/Railguns will not kindly wait for you.

Should the ubers be nerfed across the board in any way, either the shields/health and guns would have to be buffed, the enemies toned down, or the game would become nearly unplayable on higher levels except for the most hardcore of hardcore players.

Edited by Winterbraid

What you are suggesting would destroy the game and fun for most of the ppl here. But i think the main cause of this is there are no special mobs(corpus engineers) and  Higher lvl mobs after Pluto.

Now im sure they'll add some other planets to Solar map but no matter what they do, either mobs will die instantly or they'll add some powerfull and dangereus mobs like Corpus Engineers. They dont die with the Red button, their shields protects them.

Again the game is still in the developement state they are trying to add diffrent play styles into game but as you can guess its hard to keep up with every wish.

Personally i like killing mobs with one push of button Those skills are our trademark's(dont count loki) so if we cant kill them with our fully modded warframes 4. ability it would be disappointing. I see your point but there's not much to do about it for now..

Well, here's what happened. Back in the day, casting Ults gave you invulnerability frames. So most people saved them (and their precious invuln frames) for desperate situations.

Then due to the Rhino nerf these were taken out.

Some people cheered and said 'well now you have to use them tactically instead of hoping for them to get you out of every situation'. So now people use them 'tactically'. By getting a bunch of other guys and repeatedly spamming them, instead of saving them for bad situations, due to the fact that they only work if you repeatedly spam them.

Dont play with them, simple as that...

So, I am supposed to go to Xini and solo it? God you think your comment was needed?

You think your sarcastic short comment really was smart?

What about the fact this is a Coop game? Play it solo? Ok. Good luck without spamming 4.

So, I am supposed to go to Xini and solo it? God you think your comment was needed?

What about the fact this is a Coop game? Play it solo? Ok. Good luck without spamming 4.

What is wrong with people spamming 4's on Xini...?

Do you want the Cryopod to be overtaken...?

You cant solo Xini? Seriously?

And if you cant, work youre stuff up, or learn how to "spam" 4 then.

If you dont like people spamming something that is part of the game, then find another 3 members that like to play youre style and have fun.

I enjoy using my ults when needed, now just because somebody gets annoyed over it Ill have a cooldown set?

People started complaining about rushers... DE added a cooldown in sliding. So yeah, Im gona be sarcastic when somebody postes up a thread asking for a cooldown on ultis, learn how to play along or find people that play youre style.

Same as with rushers, a cooldown wasnt necessary, whoever didnt like rushers should learn how to play along or find people that play youre style. You can allways keep rushers back by holding on to the data terminals, not helping to open doors, and so on.

Next thing we will have is people complaining over how you get 3 random noobs and lose, so lets set a cooldown so only 1 noob at max joins our session lol

Edited by Hybridon

You cant solo Xini? Seriously?

And if you cant, work youre stuff up, or learn how to "spam" 4 then.

If you dont like people spamming something that is part of the game, then find another 3 members that like to play youre style and have fun.

I enjoy using my ults when needed, now just because somebody gets annoyed over it Ill have a cooldown set?

People started complaining about rushers... DE added a cooldown in sliding. So yeah, Im gona be sarcastic when somebody postes up a thread asking for a cooldown on ultis, learn how to play along or find people that play youre style.

Same as with rushers, a cooldown wasnt necessary, whoever didnt like rushers should learn how to play along or find people that play youre style. You can allways keep rushers back by holding on to the data terminals, not helping to open doors, and so on.

Next thing we will have is people complaining over how you get 3 random noobs and lose, so lets set a cooldown so only 1 noob at max joins our session lol

What are you even saying?

Molt has a cooldown. So I know it's possible.

The whole rusher thing is just unneeded. This isn't "Do you think nerfing rushers is ok?" thread.

And spam 4 isn't possible for me. I have Loki, Volt, and Rhino. I use it every once in a while when I need a life saver, as I said.

And I never said that one person should change the rules, I feel like it is stupid, IMO. If others felt that way so be it. If not, then not.

What are you even saying?

Molt has a cooldown. So I know it's possible.

The whole rusher thing is just unneeded. This isn't "Do you think nerfing rushers is ok?" thread.

And spam 4 isn't possible for me. I have Loki, Volt, and Rhino. I use it every once in a while when I need a life saver, as I said.

And I never said that one person should change the rules, I feel like it is stupid, IMO. If others felt that way so be it. If not, then not.

Molt got a cooldown

Rhono got a damage-absorb

Ults lost invunlerabilites

DE is trying to make the game Skill oriented so that you don't have "get out of jail free cards" Ultimates are just that, Ultimates. They are your most powerful move that if you have the power and want to waste it by Spamming go ahead, some will laugh as you run out of energy for the next wave quickly. As per the Cooldown on Sliding, it was uneeded and actually removed Skill from the Movement aspect of the game and should possibly be revereted, that is up to DE. I still very much enjoy Warframe and probably will for at least another 300 hours so long as they keep introducing new content.

So, my level 20 Mag used one (YES ONE) Crush on mobile defense and the other players called me a troll.

I politely left.

Welcome to Gears of Warframe coop cover shooter.  Knee-high walls coming in Update 9.

I consider Ults to be kinda like the BFG and similar weapons. Big damage, odd mechanics, and best used on big packs. If you play in the late game areas expect people to use their most powerful weapons.

Exactly... But the BFG takes a lot of ammo, and the ammo for it isn't very common. Since energy orbs drop like crazy in this game, your chances of having enough energy orbs dropped by the enemies you just killed to refill what you spent killing them are very high.* They have no cooldown, nothing to stop you from immediately using the ultimate attack again if you have the energy. They have no negative consequences to using them, but have the positive effect of destroying almost everything in the immediate area. All of this means that you can just spam the hell out of them without a care in the world, which isn't what an ultimate attack should be. That is what a regular attack should be.

tl;dr - Either decrease energy drops, increase the energy cost, or add a cooldown.

* Damn that was a badly written sentence. Screw it, I can't be bothered fixing it, I just hope what I was trying to say is understandable enough. XD

Edited by RyojinOrion

So, my level 20 Mag used one (YES ONE) Crush on mobile defense and the other players called me a troll.

I politely left.

Welcome to Gears of Warframe coop cover shooter.  Knee-high walls coming in Update 9.

i think you mean chest high walls =P

Can a cooldown system be implemented? Or make the ubers cost more? This is getting down right ridiculous seeing all the flashy ubers killing everything while I aim down the sights and actually attempt to kill.

No.

Tired of people being too lazy to find the right people to play with.Get some friends to join or join a clan and get on voice chat. Stop being lazy and trying to get DE to adjust the game just because you don't want to put in the extra effort to find a few people to play you're exact play-style. Too many of these threads exist "nerf this because these people don't play the game the way I play". The bad thing is some of these actually get listened to and screw up the game for the rest of us.So if you don't like people actually using their crowd control skills for crowd control and want them to nit pick the enemies with guns only, put together a squad of people that share this idea instead of trying to change the game cause you can't handle people modding their skills and actually using them to their full potential.The ult's are only spamable in defense where you have a ton of enemies coming all at you at once.If you play a mission where you move a lot there's not as much energy. Thus making crowd control skills more available in *gasp* missions with huge crowds.

It was smart becuase it's obvious you're playing with people you don't want to play with so the solution is play with friends who play the way you like.

Well, I can't deny that the game really is more exciting when you can't just hit 4 and reset the map. And rushing me with dozens of 70+ ancients that are near-impossible to deal with without Chaos / Snow Globe / Ult Spam does not count - I mean the early days when you're running around with your misguided Loki starter in that hellish surface/cavern Corpus defense stage, frantically shooting Crewmen and MOA with a barely-modded Braton Mk-1 and tossing Decoys as soon as you can grab that next precious energy drop. That was actually exciting, even when you didn't lose everything when you failed the mission.

Also, Radial Javelin / Blade Storm - can't hit more than X enemies and/or can only hit one enemy per second, and the frame's low energy supply and attractive non-ult skills make it hard / not-worth-it to "stockpile" ults or build your frame to spam them.

I'd suggest they add a special high-difficulty mode. Not like T3 Void runs where enemies are just higher level, but one where player abilities and damage are limited. Lower/capped energy pools and scarcer energy drops, no artifacts = no energy siphon, reduced magnitude of damage/multishot mods (making other mod types more interesting/attractive), stuff like that.

But invincibility frames ought to make a comeback (making ults more of a defensive panic button than the pre-emptive nuke they're forced to be now), and the rewards would have to be correspondingly awesome.

Until then...just play with like-minded folk. What you really want is an alternate game mode, not some crappy band-aid hamstring of the high-power skills that everyone relies on to farm high-level content.

P.S.

You have a Loki and you're saying you can't solo Xini?

Max Decoy. Equip it. Add Continuity if you have it. Bring an appropriate weapon, preferably a nice slashing multihit melee to charge attack with. DHS, Dual Ether, Gram, Scindo, Orthos, whatever.

Now go solo it to wave 5 or 10 or whatever. It's not really worth going past 5 since the reward pool/rates are exactly the same and you get to break containers for some mats by restarting, but whatever floats your banana-boat.

Well, actually Moult is probably hella better for baiting infested because of the new pathfinding patch, but I'm sure Decoy is still good enough for this.

Exactly... But the BFG takes a lot of ammo, and the ammo for it isn't very common. Since energy orbs drop like crazy in this game, your chances of having enough energy orbs dropped by the enemies you just killed to refill what you spent killing them are very high.* They have no cooldown, nothing to stop you from immediately using the ultimate attack again if you have the energy. They have no negative consequences to using them, but have the positive effect of destroying almost everything in the immediate area. All of this means that you can just spam the hell out of them without a care in the world, which isn't what an ultimate attack should be. That is what a regular attack should be.

tl;dr - Either decrease energy drops, increase the energy cost, or add a cooldown.

I'll keep the BFG comparison going. In Doom by the time you get to Hell, power cell drops are common enough you don't to worry about running out.

The only places in Warframe with energy drops common enough to spam anything are defense missions, the hardest and most ult necessary levels.

All this game does anymore is just have people when any problem shows up press 4 and keep on moving.

Doesn't matter the scenario, some people will spam it indefinitely for almost every encounter getting into the double digits worth of enemies.

I prefer to use my gun, and use abilities to help me, or save me. Not have them win every war.

Hell, go into a defense mission. There is a frost freezing everyone, banshee playing dubstep and blasting everyone's ears. There is an ember &!$$ing fire on chargers.

Nobody even uses guns anymore.

Yeah. Lets restrict everyone just because you dont like how a few people you played with, play their game.

I cant describe how much I dislike your post......

Edited by Venarge

Ultimates offer the explosion damage mechanics that is otherwise mostly missing from the game. Sure you have thunderbolt and horribly unpractical rocket launcher, but no real explosives and/or artillery for crowd control.

Sure you can just shoot everyting, but then you'll be out of ammo before wave 15. Massive damage AoE skills are equilvalent of a grenade to me and a vital part of ammo conservation so you can take down those big level ancients without hordes of charchers sinking your bullets.

If you keep seeing people spamming ultis.

High chance you are in a defense or mobile defense mission.

Outside of it.

It is usually rare and people only save them for a sea of reds.

And try surviving waves without ulti spam on defense missions, I'm sure you do well !!!

Edited by fatpig84

The only places in Warframe with energy drops common enough to spam anything are defense missions, the hardest and most ult necessary levels.

My experience says otherwise. I see energy drops freakin everywhere, no matter what the mission is. I can easily use my ult in every single room of any given mission, and very often multiple times in the same room, except perhaps the first couple of missions of the first system, where the spawn rates are oddly low.