Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Batman vs superman [spoilers]

Luxylol

7 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

It's the spandex. Always the spandex.

Gonna watch it since Batman became my favorite everything after the animated serious that introduced Harley Quinn.

Harley does kind of grow on you after awhile.  ^.^

The movie seems to be getting quite harsh re-views.

The initial premise of the movie was so appealing to me. After Man of Steel's ridiculously destructive climax, I enjoyed that this movie legitimately followed up on it and explored themes of responsibility and hero worship. The match up between Batman and Superman is fundamentally ludicrous, but I also enjoyed the 'man versus god' themes as well. That much was very promising.

Then they had to mess it up.

Throw in Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, freakin Doomsday and god knows what else, and the movie becomes a cluttered mess. Considering that this movie is establishing the new cinematic universe's Batman, it already had a lot to do with just Batman v Superman. To me, it feels like DC is jealous of the robust cinematic universe Marvel has established, and is desperately trying to equal its development in just a few movies. Sad.

Also, Lex Luthor really annoyed me in the few clips I saw. He just seems like he's trying waaaay too hard. From what I hear, it's not any better in the actual movie either. Going to pass on this one.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Atleast tell me if they did Wonder Woman justice?

That *@##$ can't even act like Wonder Woman. The trailers show exactly how much effort she puts in, none!

10 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

tbh I'll watch it when it shows up on Netflix. : /

Torrents exist you know. Just PeerBlock it.

On 3/23/2016 at 0:53 AM, Noamuth said:

Batman always won against Superman.  Either by a little green rock, or appropriate application of blunt force to the brainbox. 

i remember him nuking superman in the comics.

3842541-4169550075-DuXgf.jpg

Edited by n00b_m0m0

Honestly I think the nightmare desert scene is a bit of a poor attempt to add in more action to the movie. I read that it foreshadows Darkseid; still a bit too much of a foreshadowing. Moreover, it makes the movie even more complicated given that it already has a messy storyline. But, the guy warning Bruce afterwards (most likely Flash) is quite a nice tease. 

Also, the Batmobile. Holy Smokes; the Batmobile is hot unlike the Tumbler. More like a tank-supercar hybrid. 

Edited by KuroShiranui

8 hours ago, KuroShiranui said:

Honestly I think the nightmare desert scene is a bit of a poor attempt to add in more action to the movie. I read that it foreshadows Darkseid; still a bit too much of a foreshadowing. Moreover, it makes the movie even more complicated given that it already has a messy storyline. But, the guy warning Bruce afterwards (most likely Flash) is quite a nice tease. 

Also, the Batmobile. Holy Smokes; the Batmobile is hot unlike the Tumbler. More like a tank-supercar hybrid. 

Yeah, it's Darkseid. The Omega symbol in the ground, and the Para-demons confirm that with redundancy. And that was Flash. But that also means Superman (or possibly maybe Bizarro) is back in the 'future'.

I really didn't like the movie. It was 2 and a half hours of boredom. 
If you saw Man of Steel, you've seen this movie in terms of the action scenes (except a little less city destroying). 

The story was bland, most of the characters were meh (but Ben was pretty good as Batman), the music was just blaring constantly through scenes that it just became noise to me, and Lex Luthor isn't Lex Luthor. I refuse to accept that this lame psychotic teenager is Lex Luthor. He's probably his younger cousin...Lenny Luthor.

4 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

I really didn't like the movie. It was 2 and a half hours of boredom. 
If you saw Man of Steel, you've seen this movie in terms of the action scenes (except a little less city destroying). 

The story was bland, most of the characters were meh (but Ben was pretty good as Batman), the music was just blaring constantly through scenes that it just became noise to me, and Lex Luthor isn't Lex Luthor. I refuse to accept that this lame psychotic teenager is Lex Luthor. He's probably his younger cousin...Lenny Luthor.

He's the son of Lex Luthor... He even says it like two separate times in the movie...

17 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

He's the son of Lex Luthor... He even says it like two separate times in the movie...

Wait what? 

Well upon further inspection...yeah he is the son of him.

Still an annoying character.

Edited by TheErebus.

On 3/26/2016 at 7:02 AM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Sounds like he's buds with Kylo Ren for some reason.

Some buds that I really want to strangle the writers with.

Seriously. This "I am the son of X" mindset is getting increasingly annoying in every reboot/sequel of a mainstream movie.

Minus the "Son of Krypton" for subtle reasons.

Edited by Freelancer27

I kind of liked it but it was a huge mess and felt like this movie only exist's just to set up other movies.

We got teases for other movies throughout this one: The robin costume, Darkseid, the Justice League (very lazy way though), Brainiac (possibly as Alexander mentions someone coming could be Brainiac) and Injustice style Superman.

This movie should have only been about Batman and Superman fighting over ideologies and settling their differences.

P.S nice try DC, we all know that Superman ain't @(*()$ dead for two reasons; 1) Its was too early and you were clearly just trying to shock the audience...poorly 2) the Flash time-travel scene, can't kill him off if Batman hasn't done anything to alter the future yet!