The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know this might sound dumb... but I think there's a new orokin glitch text...

lerfi

On 24/03/2016 at 5:19 AM, PikeOrShield said:

Saw this last week- got hyped for a new quest- realized I did not have the time or patients to translate it myself- decided to wait for true fans to translate it.

Still waiting, someone please!

Yeah I wish someone would translate this ):

void link severed
reason- foreign carrier detected- origin unknown- suspicion- tracing signal
reinitiating dipolar recoupling on novel carrier- bio in standby for sequence check and sync
   motion compensation- complete
   selenic lensing- locked
   somatic control- established

It's worth pointing out that tenno script is the english language, but with a phonetic spelling, and different people may spell the same words different ways.  For example both images are titled "Void link severed", and the word after that is "Reason".  The writer on the left has chosen to spell it with a Z (ReeZawN) and the person on the right has chosen to spell it with an S (ReeSawN). I would give the left hand copy (the newer one) more points since there's a specific character for Z and the 's' in Reason is a hard Z sound.  The right hand one would be pronounced the same as "resawn", like, to saw (cut) something a second time.

Edited by Momaw

This came up before and I think the outcome was this is the same message as before, just with grammar and spelling corrected. It's not "new" in the sense that it's a new message, but it's not exactly the same message as before... not really new content though.

34 minutes ago, UnderFiend said:

This came up before and I think the outcome was this is the same message as before, just with grammar and spelling corrected. It's not "new" in the sense that it's a new message, but it's not exactly the same message as before... not really new content though.

Definitely spelling corrected.  Second word after the title in both texts is "foreign", but....

Left hand side writes "FoReN" which is correct tennoscript, while on the right hand side this word is "FawReaGN". The writer tried to spell it literally instead of phonetically, and in doing so made a nonsense word. The G is literal, both vowels are short and pronounced separately, so...   Faw-Reh-Aghn?

Edited by Momaw