Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn 2.1 Buff Molt, Toxic Lash and Miasma.

IfritKajiTora

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

would rather see Power Strength actually affect Molt's Shield value as well as Shield and Health Regen Speed, plus reducing Regen Delay.
adjust Molt so that total Health lost determines bonus, rather than how low vs total. incentivizing protecting your Decoy rather than sacrificing it ASAP. acting like an actual battery/totem for Saryn.

Toxic Lash just needs to apply Damage Reduction instead of a Blocking Bonus since the Blocking Bonus is really not that useful.
and do something (different) to your Guns, instead of being left out. most importantly, shouldn't be a selfish Ability and should give Allies some cool things too.

ofcourse Miasma needs to apply more CC. easiest option is to divide Damage per Tick by 2 and double the Tick count, each Tick applying CC.

no, it never made sense. it affects one Enemy per hit, which is the opposite of a Contagion. it doesn't spread.

there is no abuse in a intended feature that when you cast Miasma, Molt is detonated and gives bonus Damage to Miasma if Molt is in Range.
now, i'd (usually) prefer Molt to not detonate (and be able to choose when) as i don't usually need the extra Damage but that's a different story.

Using an intendet feature is one thing, using one of many features in disregard of evrything she is is a different story. 

Molts main function IS, as it is executed similar to decoy, a defensive rather then a offensive one. It's drawing aggro and is unleashing the damage on destruction. It also doesn't give bonus damage to miasama but has its individual damage which can be used as addition OR as radial damage source which extends over miasamaa range limit ... molt or miasama can't even be considered her main damage source. That title goes to her spores or rather the poison scaling that comes with her spores...

So, lets recap.. molt is able to distract fire and therefore act as her defensive ability, extend your range to tactical locations (set it, spore it-> voila, a spored and status affected incomming wave) and in synergy with miasama (adds the possibility to unleash the spread poison damage of a whole map) and it is finally able to up your radial burst damage by destroying it simultaneus to miasama.

Someone is using the burst and is unwilling to use anything else...what is this but abuse? The same person even calls nerf on something that would be a massive buff to anything but this one aspect (if even, miasama could act as exceptation...)

Sry but wtf?

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I'd in fact prefer if health were to scale in the first couple seconds after molt gets taped as you have the option and motivation to set it as trap in an empty room...

being incentivized to be where Enemies aren't and to avoid contact with them most of the time is literally against everything in the game.
including the Archetype of the Warframe, which is not a Strategic Sniper. and is also not avoidance of Combat.

insert some narrowfielded yelling at the air about a feature that wouldn't be all that beneficial and steps on toes of different uses of Abilities, as well as some snarky whining that anything that isn't the way i want to play therefore must be abusive (whether it actually is or not).
oh wait, i don't do that.
(that's enough passive aggressive for today.)

btw you'll find that i agree with the person you're deciding is a lower class citizen - having this Decoy Ability be invulnerable would not fit the theme of the Warframe, nor the mechanics.
i don't really agree with giving Molt 'Quick Thinking', but he's still correct.
besides, Decoy Abilities being invulnerable or basically impossible to destroy just dumbs down the Abilities and removes the usefulness and necessity to use some strategy with their placement.

Edited by taiiat

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

being incentivized to be where Enemies aren't and to avoid contact with them most of the time is literally against everything in the game.
including the Archetype of the Warframe, which is not a Strategic Sniper. and is also not avoidance of Combat.

insert some narrowfielded yelling at the air about a feature that wouldn't be all that beneficial and steps on toes of different uses of Abilities, as well as some snarky whining that anything that isn't the way i want to play therefore must be abusive (whether it actually is or not).
oh wait, i don't do that.
(that's enough passive aggressive for today.)

btw you'll find that i agree with the person you're deciding is a lower class citizen - having this Decoy Ability be invulnerable would not fit the theme of the Warframe, nor the mechanics.
i don't really agree with giving Molt 'Quick Thinking', but he's still correct.
besides, Decoy Abilities being invulnerable or basically impossible to destroy just dumbs down the Abilities and removes the usefulness and necessity to use some strategy with their placement.

What exactly IS the theme of the warframe? Physical tank? Definitly not. This role would in fact be the only one that speaks against a ability that is able to fully draw the fire away from you for a couple seconds (what it does. Just not well enough to perform in higher levels.)

Ever played frost? The best strategy to defend a pot is to use the health scaling through stacking of the invulnerability. Skipping recasts ends in ruin as the invulerability phase equals the damage it is able to absorb until destruction. 2 seconds of health gain equals 2-3 seconds without it once enemys scaled enough to even need this measure. It would prolong the minimal duration to a couple seconds without interfering with anything. This and nothing else is what OP brought up and the "lower class citizen" called nerf. Complete invulerability, which you consider bull, is in fact something the person you "agree with" suggested (most likely to abuse the spread mechanic, one of two abusive playstyles in the current meta) and i agree with you.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I actually like where she's at. I lover all of her abilities, that being said the only thing I could ever ask for is that, if this is the way she's going to be, she needs better energy economy. If you don't have Energy Overflow you aren't using her to the best of her abilities. If you aren't using her to the best of her abilities you might as well pick a different frame. 

Thats really it. Spore is great for dealing small DoT over a wide area. Molt is great for a distraction as well as health over time. Toxic lash is amazing if you utilize a melee with long reach. Since it give the weapon 100% status chance to proc toxin all you have to do is activate use an Orthos or whip, use spore infect a massive group of enemies, and Miasma. Enemies will melt.