Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with Shadow Stalker

Drufo

Question

Hi everyone! Lately I'm having problems with that guy. Everytime he spawns I'm playing solo, so the fight takes some time... to make it short, everytime I fight him I bring him near to death, but then I see a random explosion (with him being meters away) and I get oneshotted from full shield/health. I don't understand what exactly kills me, since I know his abilities and it doesn't seems like one of those, and no one of his attacks usually hit so hard. What's the problem with him? Am I missing something?

5 answers to this question

You're being hit by his grenades. This is simultaneously his best and worst attack; they have properties of Absorb, but their base damage is pitiful and he sucks at throwing. Once I stood perfectly still and he managed to miss me entirely. When he's charging up a glowing ball in his hand, stop attacking and just keep moving, then get back to killing him

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

You're being hit by his grenades. 

Mmm... I think you're right. Since he didn't do any animation before killing me, I presume he missed me and then by chance I ended up on the grenade. I whish it has a visual/audio clue, because I litterally had no idea it was there.

BTW thanks, next time I'll watch out for those damn one-shot grenades

7 hours ago, Drufo said:

Mmm... I think you're right. Since he didn't do any animation before killing me, I presume he missed me and then by chance I ended up on the grenade. I whish it has a visual/audio clue, because I litterally had no idea it was there.

BTW thanks, next time I'll watch out for those damn one-shot grenades

Yeah, the grenades aren't always telegraphed properly. Normally there's a ring of red particle effects on teh ground around him, but sometimes all you see is this: vVWZs2VOEcs.jpg