The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do nullifiers still exist?

Tar_Spit_Fire

10 minutes ago, bbeeaann said:

Because when you're forced to play a Sortie with a sniper rifle only that's the only weapon you have on hand. Sorties tend to be a bit harder than what you find on the star chart or in the Void unless you're doing hour long Survivals/Defense. Lying on the ground is not the best place for you to be when your squad needs you, so the most logical conclusion to dealing with a Nullifier is to get in that bubble and end him as soon as possible. I do the same thing when Sorties force you to use a bow. More than likely this option scares you because you don't have confidence in your ability to kill the mob quickly. Like I said, all I aim for is the head so things tend  to fall over rather quickly. I don't like shotguns for the most part because of the spread. My favorite in this game is the Sobek, which most don't use. If I had to chose between a shotgun or my Latron P I'm taking my Latron every time.

You are playing Warframe, which is a fast paced shooter. This is not a single player slow paced Call of Duty WW II shooter where you have time to set up and take your time with your shots. You either deal with targets in a fashion that keeps up with their spawn rates or you get run over. The only change I feel sniper rifles need in this game is a larger magazine size. This one thing truly hurts sniper rifles in this game, but I would rather take my Azima pistol over a sniper rifle any day of the week. Why is that you ask? One: It's powerful. Two: It's accurate. Three: What it does to an enemies face in a short amount of time is truly amazing. Four: It's magazine size allows me to deal with more than 3 targets before reloading. Sniper rifles in this game aren't conducive to topping anything except damage you take.

I say that again, I am not bring sniper anymore because of its current state combining with nullifiers, I see no point of using it.

I want to make sniper have a point using in this game, you are basically saying let's keep sniper useless and pointless to use. I think it is pretty clear.

7 minutes ago, S3EK3R said:

They force you play a certain playstyle, if you use a skill and tactical based build. It's a cheap unit designed purely to annoy players.

Scrub loadout: Soma Prime, Rhino Prime. No need to change playstyle. Just pump a map into the nullifier and it's done for.

Loadout based on skill: (Example): Nezha, Vectis Prime, Lex Prime, Dual Kama Prime. FORCES me to melee slide into the nullifier, diasbling my Warding Halo (The only thing keeping me alive in high-end) and opens me up to attacks from every angle.

Thank you very much. Just rework the nullifiers already.

inb4 just use automatic weapons

All i get from your post is i struggle against nullifiers change them,nullifiers are good enemies,annoying but needed i think,if nullifiers didn't exist there would be nothing to stop people wiping out the enemy easily,nullifiers cause panic and force you to change tactics to adapt and kill them unlike the other nullifiers who can be easily stopped by shooting of their helmet,if you can't shoot its bubble with a bow don't take a bow on a corpus mission

1 hour ago, akira_him said:

nullifier is high piority target

snipers should be excel in taking them out

sniper cannot deal with nullifier or any high piority targer inside it

something definately needs to be changed

If it did, then they'd be no threat at all. Here's a pro-tip. The instant you see a Nullifier, rush into his bubble and take him out before enemies can huddle around.

59 minutes ago, S3EK3R said:

They force you play a certain playstyle, if you use a skill and tactical based build. It's a cheap unit designed purely to annoy players.

Scrub loadout: Soma Prime, Rhino Prime. No need to change playstyle. Just pump a map into the nullifier and it's done for.

Loadout based on skill: (Example): Nezha, Vectis Prime, Lex Prime, Dual Kama Prime. FORCES me to melee slide into the nullifier, diasbling my Warding Halo (The only thing keeping me alive in high-end) and opens me up to attacks from every angle.

Thank you very much. Just rework the nullifiers already.

You don't have to melee slide. (Even though it's a really good strategy)

You can just shoot once you enter.

Or bulletjump above them and do a ground-slam. Most weapons have a large enough AOE to kncok down every enemy inside the bubble. Giving you ample times to kill the Nullifier. Or if you aimed the slam you could also kill him outright.

Your Warding Halo will only be down one, maybe two seconds.

I Don't get you, defenders of the current system.

You can totally deal with nulifiers - no one denies that. We are pointing out that they limit us in too many ways. And last time I was playing in high tier mission on co-op - they never come alone. One nulifier - ok. Two - ok.
3-4 with a Bursa unit, bunch of moas, scramblers and god knows what else hiding beneath the domes, zerging me like they are the the infested. This is not okay.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

I Don't get you, defenders of the current system.

You can totally deal with nulifiers - no one denies that. We are pointing out that they limit us in too many ways.

It tests your quick thinking (not the mod) and your creativity. Most of the "solutions" would just turn it into a sniper crewman that gets wiped with the rest.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

And last time I was playing in high tier mission on co-op - they never come alone. One nulifier - ok. Two - ok.
3-4 with a Bursa unit, bunch of moas, scramblers and god knows what else hiding beneath the domes, zerging me like they are the the infested. This is not okay.

I mentioned this earlier. The trick is to catch them as soon as they spawn, before they can bunch up. That's my main strategy, and it works well. You just have to go on the offensive for that.

1 hour ago, Rambit23Z said:

Snipers excel at taking out high priority targets. Snipers can reach exceptional burst dps. Especially the Rubico. However, people have become so accustomed to their Somas, Tonkors and Simulors that they view everything else as trash. I bring along my Vulkar Wraith/Rubico/Vectis Prime from time to time.

Snipers not "excell" at anything. They are clunky, they have small mag and long reload, zooming reticle is just bad. They are basicaly useless against crowds

Proud Soma Prime owner can mow down "high priority target" faster than you.

Noobtube wielder can achieve crit headshot with insane damage with AOE Tonkor.

Dex Sybaris marksman can achieve same results without stupid reticle, but with fast reload and huge ammo capacity.

If you think that you can outdamage anything with your sniper rifle, you are wrong.

And then Nullifier comes, and sniper rifle become totatlly useless. Hooray for our lorad and saviour Soma.

9 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

It tests your quick thinking (not the mod) and your creativity. Most of the "solutions" would just turn it into a sniper crewman that gets wiped with the rest.

I mentioned this earlier. The trick is to catch them as soon as they spawn, before they can bunch up. That's my main strategy, and it works well. You just have to go on the offensive for that.

Offensive is How I play, but I am not in any position to force players to face roll in the biggest pile of mobs they find (while screaming profanities for example). Especially on runs like the hilariously broken and outdated excavation. 
Another point is the most "common" case of dying in the game. Reviving under such conditions tends to grind down health, energy, nerves and time. After that you (again) get a zerg rush in the face.

PS: I deal with it, by not going Co-op. 

2 minutes ago, letir said:

Snipers not "excell" at anything. They are clunky, they have small mag and long reload, zooming reticle is just bad. They are basicaly useless against crowds

Proud Soma Prime owner can mow down "high priority target" faster than you.

Noobtube wielder can achieve crit headshot with insane damage with AOE Tonkor.

Dex Sybaris marksman can achieve same results without stupid reticle, but with fast reload and huge ammo capacity.

If you think that you can outdamage anything with your sniper rifle, you are wrong.

And then Nullifier comes, and sniper rifle become totatlly useless. Hooray for our lorad and saviour Soma.

The reticle is all a matter of opinion.

I never said I would outdamage the highest dps weapons in the game. I don't know where you got that from. Snipers have a certain niche, and I like them. All they need is Innate 5m punch-through.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Offensive is How I play, but I am not in any position to force players to face roll in the biggest pile of mobs they find (while screaming profanities for example). Especially on runs like the hilariously broken and outdated excavation. 
Another point is the most "common" case of dying in the game. Reviving under such conditions tends to grind down health, energy, nerves and time. After that you (again) get a zerg rush in the face.

PS: I deal with it, by not going Co-op. 

If the mobs piled up, you weren't quick enough.

And reviving under fire is a whole different topic.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)CANDER0US-0RD0- said:

All i get from your post is i struggle against nullifiers change them,nullifiers are good enemies,annoying but needed i think,if nullifiers didn't exist there would be nothing to stop people wiping out the enemy easily,nullifiers cause panic and force you to change tactics to adapt and kill them unlike the other nullifiers who can be easily stopped by shooting of their helmet,if you can't shoot its bubble with a bow don't take a bow on a corpus mission

because they are so common and come in packs. in other games if an enemy blocks your common attack(guns) and also your skills, they should be rare minibosses. swap spwarm rate with combas could actually relieve the problem a lot

and grineer and infested mission don't limits our weapon choice, why corpus should?

err, maybe I am asking the wrong question, why grineer and infested do not limit our weapon choice? why not make launcher useless in grineer mission, make rifles useless in dealing sentients?

Just now, Rambit23Z said:

The reticle is all a matter of opinion.

I never said I would outdamage the highest dps weapons in the game. I don't know where you got that from. Snipers have a certain niche, and I like them. All they need is Innate 5m punch-through.

What you said is:

1 hour ago, Rambit23Z said:

Snipers excel at taking out high priority targets. Snipers can reach exceptional burst dps. Especially the Rubico. However, people have become so accustomed to their Somas, Tonkors and Simulors that they view everything else as trash. I bring along my Vulkar Wraith/Rubico/Vectis Prime from time to time.

So? How exactly they "excel at taking out high priority target"?

Do they have best DPS ever? No.

Do they instakill on headshot? No.

Do they penetrate Null's bubbles and Bursa's shields? No.

Do they ignore Ancient's auras and Juggernaut damage resistance? No.

No, they don't. Shotguns excel in close combat, explosives excel in crowd killing, rifles and DMR weapon excell in damage and ammo economy, burst/auto rifles is JOAT.

Snipers excel in ruining your life, by being mod in Sorties.

Edited by letir

So? How exactly they "excel at taking out high priority target"?

There are more priority targets than just Nullifiers.

Do they have best DPS ever? No.

No, I never said that. But they do have really good burst damage while safely staying at range.

3 minutes ago, letir said:

Do they instakill on headshot? No.

Unless it's an Eximus or their starting to reach level 80-90+, yes they do.

4 minutes ago, letir said:

Do they penetrate Null's bubbles and Bursa's shields? No.

If they did it would promote the: "Stand still and spam abilities" playstyle even more.

5 minutes ago, letir said:

Do they ignore Ancient's auras and Juggernaut damage resistance? No.

No, but they can easily take out the ancient or hit the juggernaut's weakspot.

6 minutes ago, letir said:

Snipers excel in ruining your life, by being mod in Sorties.

Maybe they ruin your life, but not everyone like the weapons where aiming is rarely needed, if at all. (Tonkor/Simulor)

There are more priority targets than just Nullifiers.

No, I never said that. But they do have really good burst damage while safely staying at range.

Unless it's an Eximus or their starting to reach level 80-90+, yes they do.

If they did it would promote the: "Stand still and spam abilities" playstyle even more.

No, but they can easily take out the ancient or hit the juggernaut's weakspot.

So, Snipers aren't excel, they cannot do anything better then other weapon. And they actually worse in term of hipfire, fast-paced aiming, reloading and ammo reserves.

They dosen't deserve this "feature", beacuse, in your opinion, it will promote spam playstyle. Which full-auto and burst rifles can do perfectly here and now.

As i say before, all hail to Soma.

4 minutes ago, letir said:

So, Snipers aren't excel, they cannot do anything better then other weapon. And they actually worse in term of hipfire, fast-paced aiming, reloading and ammo reserves.

They dosen't deserve this "feature", beacuse, in your opinion, it will promote spam playstyle. Which full-auto and burst rifles can do perfectly here and now.

As i say before, all hail to Soma.

You stick to whatever weapon you heart desires. After all, that's the wonderful part about this game. Choice.

You stick to whatever weapon you heart desires. After all, that's the wonderful part about this game. Choice.

There isn't a choice, when some weapon category is clearly worse than others. You pick better weapons, or gimping yourself on purpose. If you gimping yourself, it dosen't mean that weapon is difficult in use, but good in fight.

There isn't a choice, when some weapon category is clearly worse than others. You pick better weapons, or gimping yourself on purpose. If you gimping yourself, it dosen't mean that weapon is difficult in use, but good in fight.

You don't have to bring the best of the best weapons. So yes, there is choice.

52 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

If it did, then they'd be no threat at all. Here's a pro-tip. The instant you see a Nullifier, rush into his bubble and take him out before enemies can huddle around.

You don't have to melee slide. (Even though it's a really good strategy)

You can just shoot once you enter.

Or bulletjump above them and do a ground-slam. Most weapons have a large enough AOE to kncok down every enemy inside the bubble. Giving you ample times to kill the Nullifier. Or if you aimed the slam you could also kill him outright.

Your Warding Halo will only be down one, maybe two seconds.

Try that in sortie levels. I bet you get shot down faster than you can blink an eye.

Just now, Lokime said:

I like nullifiers. I think they're a great addition to the game. It promotes movement and tactics with weaponry instead of the classic power spam. 

Hehe. Movement in excavs and defenses. Sounds interesting!

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Try that in sortie levels. I bet you get shot down faster than you can blink an eye.

I had it in a Sniper only Corpus Survival a while ago. Planned accordingly and went with Limbo. Banish, then one shot. Rinse and repeat. And again, they're not the best, but they are fun. Which is the most important part.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hehe. Movement in excavs and defenses. Sounds interesting!

This is no joke. During Void Defense, The instant I see a bubble I parkour over there and take him out. Not you just have to be fast and keep track of how many enemies and where.

Edited by Rambit23Z

You don't have to bring the best of the best weapons. So yes, there is choice.

You can bring MK-1 weapon in mission. It dosen't mean that there is a choice between MK-1 and more viable weaponry.

*starts to speak like Mordin* They are a good addition to Corpus. Gives crowd control and utilities.

Forcing to choose alternative ways to engage the enemies when they are in.

Although Lanka should be changed to something else. Tetra? Maybe.

If you can, there's a choice.

Again. Fun>Effectiveness

Don't bring your personal fun in talks about effectiveness. If you fine with killing enemies one by one when your teammate reap them in dosens with Tonkor - it's only your personal preference.