Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Platinum Got Me Banned

BlueberryWaffle7

Question

So I have been a long time player (at least 400 hours on my steam account) and have probably spent a shameful amount of money for platinum in the past. 

That being said, in December of 2015 I had a gift card from my brother that I would never use, and wanted to try the Openbucks payment method in the Platinum store. Keep in mind that this is a sponsored form of payment.

The transaction went through with no issues, and I played until mid January and took a break. I decided to come back today to find that I have been banned until 2035 for a negative platinum balance. 

I have no idea what happened, because I found the old gift card, and it still has the balance after the $5 transaction + their fees. I read around on the subject and some people said that I seemingly have to "buy" my account back via platinum to negate the negative balance. (Which seems stupid, by the way)

I personally don't want to send out a support ticket just yet, as the community is usually more helpful than the support group in many previous experiences. 

If you have any ideas on how to go about with this issue, or if you have experienced this and overcame it, please share how you went in doing so.

PC -BlueberryWaffle7

7 answers to this question