Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Sentinels worth a Potato?

Ifeno

Question

With warframes it seems clear.  There's too many mods that you want / need on your frame to make them as effective as they should be. Sentinels however have a much more limited mod library.  Is it still worth putting a potato in them?

8 answers to this question

I put a potato in mine carrier p. Reasons:

1. I want to use all fancy extra mods like cool aura or revive globe or shield guardian.
  2. I want to put shields, health, respawn so the tucking thing will stay alive after Mercury

If sentinel is dead it is as good as no sentinel

And i put catalyst into sweeper Prime, since harder hitting stick is better.

Shade for stealth (prisma shade if you can get your hands on it) Carrier/Carrier p (cause carrier master race XD). They are really good once you give them potatoes and maybe formas (on weapons along with potato it sweeper hits like another tenno)

Yes, it makes a huge difference on prime carrier for instance. As for sentinel weapons it's worth it but not as important, Usually we don't relly on sentinels to do damage instead you can use sweeper p with explosive proc to give some CC while you are reviving people. If you have potato to spare then do it because sine you always have your sentinel over time it's worth to have it as good as possible.

Yes, I have Formed and Potaoted my Pirme Carrair, He feeds me loot, Kills alot, Shields me, when my shields drain, and he gives me a huge shield when reviewing AND he has a big loot rader and enmity one.

They are much better then thos.."Dogs"

Besides my Gaurdien Raska

I jsut wish we chuold have both the Dogs and Robot pets at a time

Edited by LegionCynex

If you have high leveled and appropriate mods for it, and your sentinel is lagging behind the rest of your gear, then most likely yes.  If you're just trying to fill all the slots with whatever mods you have, then no.

Early on in the game, sentinels (and possibly their weapons*) shouldn't be a priority when fusing mods to upgrade them, compared to your frames or weapons.  The idea is to get the most 'bang for your buck' out of your credits, spare mods and fusion cores.  At some point the next level on your weapon and frame mods will give less of a return than putting the credits and fusion mods towards a sentinel (and the potato if it's already full of good mods).

As a rule of thumb I'd say once you have potatoes in a good selection of the frames and weapons, it can't hurt to put one in your sentinel and its weapon.  After all, you can take a sentinel into every mission, but only one primary/secondary/melee/frame, so it will be a performance increase, over potatoing yet another frame/weapon, that's just going to sit in your inventory.

* Bear in mind that unless you use a shotgun primary, or the carrier's sweeper sentinel weapon, you'll need to level 2 sets of primary weapon mods.

Edited by polarity