The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seize, The "I Feel We Are In Need of New Mission Types" Mission Type

(PSN)IIIDevoidIII

While the classics are great and all, there is no doubt there is a lot of repetition. To alleviate that repetition, DE adds new tilesets, enemy types, and loot to gather in varying ways.

What we don't get all too often is another mission type, the latest being, outside of Trials, Fomorian Sabotage (which is essentially a rehash of Sabotage game modes), I believe. I thought, "Hmm, what could I dream up to be a fast-paced game mode requiring the player to be quick with their feet, their wings, to be adaptable and enjoyable - not another mission with a single objective rushed to the end?"

This is Seize

1. Players are informed Orokin technologies are within a merchant/research vessel and are tasked with finding the location. 
  2. Once arriving at the location, it becomes clear the vault contains far too many items to extract on the player's own. Barring this, Void dispersion technologies are working to regulate the volatile nature of the contents, keeping the potential danger in, and, the player, out.
  3. The Lotus deploys an Excavation vessel that must cut the vault straight from the ship, and extract it manually. As the vessel cuts the vault away, enemies will lock down the area entirely. The Vault room is set up arena-esque, perfect for the swarm of enemies that will pour in an attempt to defend the Vault. Because of the Void dispersion effect, all Warframe abilities are mitigated, but not totally nullified. The only thing the player is defending is their life.
  4. The Vault is dramatically ripped from the ship, leaving a gaping hole, sucking everyone and everything out with it. Ordis deploys the player's Archwing.
  5. In true trench run style, the player is required to maintain a close proximity to the fleeing Extraction vessel, destroying enemies and ship turrets, attempting everything in their power to stop the player. Toward the end of the Trench, a rift portal is open to swallow the incoming vessel and the player along with it.

Some dialog ideas:

1. Lotus: Tenno, Maroo has pointed us in the direction of this freighter. Scanners indicate Orokin technology pulses deep within. Find it.
  2. Lotus: There it is. This cache is much larger than anticipated. I am authorising the use of an Extraction vessel. Defend the location.
  3. Lotus: They know we are here. Prepare yourselves. The enemy will not let go of this technology easily.
  4. Lotus: Got it. I'll have Ordis-
    Ordis: OPERATOR! Achm. Deploying Archwing now.
  5. Lotus: Stay with the Extraction vessel and protect it from enemy fire. I am preparing a Void portal.

+1 for more hybrid missions.
We need more Archwing combined into missions regardless, since the Archwing has been pretty unused unless you go out of your way, and even then there are very limited missions, farming Uranus gets pretty tedious.
I like that in some ways it could start as a survival/defence, and then transition into somewhat like a rescue/hijack, it certainly gives more variety over the standard rush objective-extract-repeat.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

I'd honestly loved to see mixed missions were 2 players have to be in archwings while 2 more have to be inside.

Have you played Uranus?

The Archwing section seems kinda… forced. If integration is gonna happen, I'd like it to be closer than that.

8 minutes ago, DerkmeisterPrime said:

I like this idea, what are the rewards for doing this anyway?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My idea hadn't revolved around rewards. Mainly just having fun.
DE would be the one to make any sort of reward system dependent on the exclusivity and difficulty they make a mission like this. Heck, I could see it being released as an Event I'd love to play.

1 hour ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My idea hadn't revolved around rewards. Mainly just having fun.
DE would be the one to make any sort of reward system dependent on the exclusivity and difficulty they make a mission like this. Heck, I could see it being released as an Event I'd love to play.

Ah ok

This really seems like alot is going on, what with the defense/survival aspect, than a archwing trench run... Interesting, yes, but still pretty long winded. I wonder how many people would play that more than once unless there was a special reward for it, or it was some kind of alert (in which case, that might actually be better.)

8 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Heck, I could see it being released as an Event I'd love to play.

+1 great idea Devoid!

Must agree!! An Alert type mission would also be great!!

Not one that drops Nitain tho....

I'm watching you DE staff  =.= 

NOT NITAIN AS REWARD

>.>

16 hours ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Have you played Uranus?

The Archwing section seems kinda… forced. If integration is gonna happen, I'd like it to be closer than that.

I'm talking about a real split.  Where 2 teams are working towards the same goals.  Maybe the people on the inside are shutting down shield generators and the ones on the outside are blowing up targets.  You're right that the transitions need a lot of work...

20 hours ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

You're right that the transitions need a lot of work…

My honest opinion is that Archwing should be enabled in as many places as possible as soon as possible. And by “enabled,” I mean “enabled" - Don’t force us to switch at any point, and don’t force us to have one to play the missions… but allow us to play in an Archwing alongside our grounded buddies.