Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CL Should Be Innate Part Of Daggers

Tesseract7777

3 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I made sure to unequip my companion before I went, as shown in the second pic. I'll admit, it took me three attempts and all four revives each time, but I was able to complete yesterday's 2nd sortie using nothing but blind.

Like the other guy said, this was an objective mission where you don't actually need to kill anyone. Nearly any other mission type, including several of the sabotage mission types (Earth, Void) would be impossible for a day one player, with or without CL.

Yes, maybe some of the missions would be harder to do based on what is required, especially solo.... however, you are talking about making this an innate ability on ALL daggers. That means four people can pick up a dagger, and with a little organization, I have no doubt they could complete any of those missions. The phrase that will be spoken when somebody doesnt know what to do will be "all you have to do is blind them and bring a dagger"

5 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Then why don't we see four-man Excal groups running around abusing CL now? It's not that hard to get.

It may not be difficult to get as it is time consuming, but its not widespread either. A lot of people dont even know this mod exists. In fact while I was doing that mission, I was discussing it with my clan members on teamspeak. A lot of them are newer players and had no idea that mod was even a thing.

So again, I simply suggest, if this becomes an innate ability, the abuse will grow, and we'll be right back here again discussing how it was a bad idea and never should have been done.

FYI, according to the wiki, these abilities can be used to take advantage of CL: so mirage actually can trigger the mod unless something has been changed.

Aside from Stealth attacks, the following Warframe abilities can also leave enemies vulnerable to melee finishers, regardless if the finisher is performed in front or behind the enemy;

Edited by Faulcun

I had wondered how the Banshee in that video got a finisher prompt.

Again, I'm simply not seeing any abuse. There are vanishingly few instances where CL allows you to kill something you couldn't otherwise manage, and most of that occurs in the endgame where a lower-ranked player isn't going to have the equipment to survive long regardless of their finisher damage (e.g. toxic and electric eximi).

The power here that can be abused is the blind. Being able to do finishers is nice, and makes things easier, but blind makes it possible. You're not going to manage a high-level survival run or defense run with unmodded Excalibur and instakill daggers. Even an exterminate seems like a stretch, to me, if only because of rollers and hyekka (to say nothing of the other two factions, which have even more enemies that are completely immune to stealth attack attempts).

On 3/28/2016 at 5:30 PM, EirwynTelyn said:

I think it's more like picking between using something like Buzz Kill or Auger Strike instead of their non-event counterparts, but okay. I only use Covert Lethality for Spy missions because I prefer a better mix of elementals.

I havnt heard of auger strike in ages. And I still can never get a buzzkill no matter how much I farm event missions. If you have extra, I'm willing to throw down some plat, or I would be, but you are pc...;_;

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO