Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some fridge logic about Argon crystals.

MajorTurnip

As you all know Argon crystals decay when they are outside the void. You have also probably heard this line said by Ordis: "Operator, I will never betray you. I will keep the orbiter hidden in the void. You can count on me."

If crystals decay, means orbiter isn't in the void. If it's not in the void, what is Ordis doing with it? Is that why our ships are infested? Did or didn't he have unprotected space voyages with other cephalons? Did he? DID HE? WHO IS SHE!?

I'M ASKING THE HARD QUESTIONS AND WE ALL DESERVE ANSWERS!!

No, I'm not jealous! Why would i be jealous about Ordis going somewhere without me? Never! Don't look at me like that.

1 minute ago, Xaelroa said:

The simple answer is that while the orbiter is inside the void, the space INSIDE the orbiter is not in the void. So argon decays as it is stored inside the orbiter and not in the space outside the orbiter.

^sha bam  !

2 minutes ago, MajorTurnip said:

Maybe, but is structure space inside the tower void? And if you'd need to keep then outside the orbiter, why not to have a container fitted on the hull? 

Void Towers are exposed to void, that's why nothing lives there. Another posibility is that Void Towers are very very  cold, so Argon can crystalize (just like water>ice), the storage compartment must be at higher temperature (to prevent the Nanospores and Plastids from dying) so the Argon crystals simply evaporate. Why aren't we using Cryotic to cool Argon enough to not decay I don't know.

But the thing is, none of that is anywhere in the lore. Towers are perfectly enclosed from the space outside and considering they were by the orokin for the orokin, they should have had any shielding (if any is necessary) for them to survive. We also find argon crystals as loot inside the tower. We do not go out and mine it with laser/drill/pickaxe/spoon. 

Another thing is that tenno try to copy/replicate as much orokin tech as possible (because they were a lot more advanced), why would liset/orbiter be better? In fact that liset/orbiter combo was built by the orokin anyway as Ordis should have the memories of the old war and the transference chair is part of the orbiter.

9 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

A good solution to this problem is tying all the argon crystals to the outside hull of the liset. That way they wouldn't decay at all.(While you were in the void anyway)

You mean like tying bottle of beers in a net in the water at the side of your boat to keep it cool? Ahhh...totally get it now! xD

Just now, Ambiroa said:

You mean like tying bottle of beers in a net in the water at the side of your boat to keep it cool? Ahhh...totally get it now! xD

That's what I mean, the solution should be surprisingly simple that there's no logical way that crystals are just let to decay IF orbiter was in the void. 

So back to my original question, what is Ordis doing with the ship while operator consciousness is on a mission with a warframe?

26 minutes ago, MajorTurnip said:

As you all know Argon crystals decay when they are outside the void. You have also probably heard this line said by Ordis: "Operator, I will never betray you. I will keep the orbiter hidden in the void. You can count on me."

I believe Ordis is referring to keeping the Orbiter hidden in the Void during missions. While the landing craft is detached and elsewhere.

I say this because we can see out of the Liset forward observation panel that the Orbiter is actually outside the void and near our last visited planet in-between missions. However when we are on a mission obviously we would have difficulty protecting the Orbiter, hence it is hidden.

Just now, SilentMobius said:

I believe Ordis is referring to keeping the Orbiter hidden in the Void during missions. While the landing craft is detached and elsewhere.

I say this because we can see out of the Liset forward observation panel that the Orbiter is actually outside the void and near our last visited planet in-between missions. However when we are on a mission obviously we would have difficulty protecting the Orbiter, hence it is hidden.

Shame we don't have any explanation how "void masking" works. We might be near our destination, but so is the enemy fleet. Sometimes we are so close you could go out and pet the enemy ship. I could speculate that we are in some kind of void. That's why enemy can never find us. And void is void, right?

Just now, MajorTurnip said:

Shame we don't have any explanation how "void masking" works. We might be near our destination, but so is the enemy fleet. Sometimes we are so close you could go out and pet the enemy ship. I could speculate that we are in some kind of void. That's why enemy can never find us. And void is void, right?

I'm not sure we can say "void is void" there certainly seems to be differences between the natural state/location called "The void" and some of the things that can be done with "Void Energy".

I'd say the most game-friendly explanation is that the argon-crystals we find are protected in their containers (That we break) and that if we had that container tech and kept the Orbiter in the void then maybe we could stabilize the crystals, but at the moment we simply cannot.

After all, DE is unlikely to change the mechanic regardless of in-world theorizations.

Just now, SilentMobius said:

After all, DE is unlikely to change the mechanic regardless of in-world theorizations.

I know I know, this is just a mechanic so that people would go play void if they wanted to craft a new shiny thing that requires crystals. A way to populate content with people, who are content for other people. And that line of Ordis' is just a flavor speech text. 

All I wanted was some funny answers about what Ordis might have been doing behind our backs and I tried my best to make intro post as nonserious as i possibly could. However everyone is very serious here. :(

best explanation i could think of:

-Argon crystals decay due to radiation. radiation is barely slowed down by temperature hence why building a fridge is near useless.

-Argon Crystals are not naturally occurring in the void. it may exist as a gaseous state inside the void, but exposure to our air inside the tower causes it to crystallize. Because of being void charged, this causes it to be radioactive. if we were to return the Argon crystals to the void, the crystals go back to its gaseous form.

explanation is convoluted, but it kinda works?

5 minutes ago, MajorTurnip said:

I know I know, this is just a mechanic so that people would go play void if they wanted to craft a new shiny thing that requires crystals. A way to populate content with people, who are content for other people. And that line of Ordis' is just a flavor speech text. 

All I wanted was some funny answers about what Ordis might have been doing behind our backs and I tried my best to make intro post as nonserious as i possibly could. However everyone is very serious here. :(

Indeed, apologies for anything perceived as excessive srs bsns

Edited by SilentMobius

The 'Argon Crystal' may or may not refer to the actual periodic table element, it may as well be a nickname to another compound, which again may or may not contain the actual argon element. 

The argon element has prety low melting/boiling points and would easily become gaseous. 

But it really is just an excuse to make the player go to the void whenever something requiring argon needs to be built, BECAUSE GAME.

It's pretty easy to gather enough of them anyway.