Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I better off with an Orthos Prime or a Scindo Prime?

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Question

13 answers to this question

Primes should be cherished and loved.
Othos is superior all rounder - there is no denying that.
Scindo is the heavy duty, that does amazing feats IF you have Tempo Royale.

The "better" question you should ask yourself - what will fit my play style? In my case I prefer Galatine/War for my actual "hard" content, but I can pick almost any melee for day to day farming.

PS: This is not a feedback thread. It is for another sub forum.

3 hours ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Tipedo

You can't really compare Tipedo to Orthos. Staffs and polearms have different moveset and different feel about them. Not to mention, that given seemingly better stats, Tipedo will actually perform much worse than Orthos in most cases. And when it does perform better, you might go for another weapon as well.

Primed Reach is too, far from being a panacea. In some cases you might want to use it, in some cases you won't.

Edited by Epsik-kun

In short, orthos prime is average weapon with solid stance if formaed (rare one ...willow?) but also has biggest range of all wepons in game, from most by far and only handful come really close.

With primed reach it becomes a ranged weapon. Literally, Room clearer. It clears enemies all around you, opens crates. You don't know if you haven't tried. That feature makes him one of best weapons in game imo. 

Scindo has awesome stance (if you have it ...tempo, if not just very good /c. whirlwind) slash damage and among most damaging weapons in game. Medium range thou. Also, absolute top pick and among best weapons in game.

You should keep both.

if you love speed and evasiveness then orthos prime if you want to see high numbers and a slower swinging hard hitting melee then scindo. both are viable at endgame level but then speed is better than more damage at a slower pace.

play around with both and see where your preference takes you.

ps: when using orthos p keep the crosshair/reticle slightly above the enemies heads and if its a berserker build attack mainly from behind the enemies when  you can to keep the crits above 60k in quick melee mode and 90k+ in full melee mode.

Edited by ranks21