Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst and Reactor?

Gefy

Question

16 answers to this question

You can get them from alert ( including gift of the lotus once every 2 week or so) , sortie , invasion ,tactical alert and event 

Tha catalyst double the amout of points for mod capacity ( so at rank 30 instead of 30 points you have 60 ) those can only be applyed once by weapons

The reactor is the same thing but for a warframe,kubrow or a sentinel

Both of them can be applyed only once and are not lost if you apply a forma after. Instead at each rank you will get 2 points instead of one.

The event weapons and Dex weapons commes often with a catalyst already installed ^.^ 

And the forma before you ask ^.^ 

it add a polarity of your choice into a weapons,warframe,sentinel or kubrow but put it back unranked so you have to rank it up again ^.^

Edited by trunks013

Just now, trunks013 said:

You can get them from alert ( including gift of the lotus once every 2 week or so) , sortie , invasion ,tactical alert and event 

Tha catalyst double the amout of points for mod capacity ( so at rank 30 instead of 30 points you have 60 ) those can only be applyed once by weapons

The reactor is the same thing but for a warframe,kubrow or a sentinel

Both of them can be applyed only once and are not lost if you apply a forma after. Instead at each rank you will get 2 points instead of one.

The event weapons and Dex weapons commes often with a catalyst already installed ^.^ 

so, if I go on my Dex weapons can I remove the catalyst and put it on some other weapon?

you do in fact get them from some alerts and some invasions what they do is the double the ammount of modding points a frame or weapon has

orokin reactors go on warframes, sentinels, kubrows and archwings

orokin catalysts go on weapons, sentinel weapons, and archwing weapons

players often refer to them as gold and blue spuds for short

how they work is say you take a warframe that is rank 15 and does not have aspud, when you look at the upgrade menu you have only 15 points you an spend when it comes to mods. put a reactor on this warframe those points will double to 30, and when the frame is maxed rank at 30 those points are at 60

You can get them from certain alerts, you can buy them and invasions also give them from time to time.

Then again, if you buy them with plat, you will have it fully build already where-as geting it the free way only yields the blueprints for them which you need to craft.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

-random 2-hour alerts

-post devstream Gift-of-the-Lotus 24-hour alerts

-possible invasion reward, although this is rare...maybe once every few weeks

-events

-sortie

-tactical alert

-log-in reward

-Market 

Don't forget if you have the plat to burn through.. both are in the market as well! :P

3 hours ago, rage4198 said:

also from invasions

this ^  keep an eye on invasions, because they will offer potatos now and then, instead of the same old rewards.

I forget to glance at them, but i did recently and got a couple of potatos for my trouble 

(yes, i kill mobs for potatos)

Yeah there was a catalyst invasion just yesterday as a matter of fact. You do have to pay attention since the UI is not super descriptive in regards to invasions, just listing "BLUEPRINT" as the reward from the starmap menu. That could be catalyst, reactor, or forma (or who knows what else), so be sure to check that out when you see it.

And on a more time-relevant note, do remember that there is a Devstream this Friday and thus an aforementioned Gift of the Lotus alert will pop up in short order after.

Everyone above pretty much explained what/how the Reactor & Catalyst are/how to get them.

however, I'd figured i'd let you know in case your not aware...your Frame/Melee can go above the above mentioned 60 Points via Stance Mods for Melee which drop in standard missions, but some are rarer then others and Aura Mods for Frames which, as far as i'm aware, only drop via Alerts 

and, even though it should go without saying...i'll say it anyways... Both Aura/Stance Mods, since there mods, are tradeable