Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is saying "Inv" and then not trading bannable?

DPBR8

Question

A dude just asked 900p for an ember set. I thought i'd troll him a little and all i said was: "Inv".

Then, instead of giving him plat i put in vitality's. He cancelled the trade, and said agreeing to a trade and then not trading is bannable. 

He said he would report me and then ignored me. Is this true? Or not. I've seen players being banned for less, so i hope not :P

6 minutes ago, DPBR8 said:

A dude just asked 900p for an ember set. I thought i'd troll him a little and all i said was: "Inv".

Then, instead of giving him plat i put in vitality's. He cancelled the trade, and said agreeing to a trade and then not trading is bannable. 

He said he would report me and then ignored me. Is this true? Or not. I've seen players being banned for less, so i hope not :P

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

bro...  go shoot some grineer, corpus, infested, etc.  you have to be crazy bored to do something like that.  =(

Just now, JRMC said:

He wasn't being neither, neither is he being an A******, as many are saying. I think that word is a bit harsh for what he pulled out. I don't condone his actions but they are far from harassment.

Ill admit I may be a bit jaded towards traders who waste others time.

5 minutes ago, JRMC said:

He wasn't being neither, neither is he being an A******, as many are saying. I think that word is a bit harsh for what he pulled out. I don't condone his actions but they are far from harassment.

Dictionary definition of harassment: "The act of disturbing or pestering". What he did is the exact dictionary definition of harassing someone. He said himself he wanted to troll someone- that's what trolling is, harassment.

2 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Since the world "troll" surfaced on the internet its misuse has increased greatly. Many people think trolling means pulling out a prank, messing with someone playfully, etc. If he was trolling, he would have done worse than just waste someone else's time.

It's not the result- it's the intention. His intention was to waste someone's time for the sole purpose of irritating or provoking them.... EDIT: Which even if it's not straight up harassment- it's antagonistic regardless.

Edited by Stratego89

Just now, Stratego89 said:

It's not the result- it's the intention. His intention was to waste someone's time for the sole purpose of irritating or provoking them....

Harassment is prejudicial. By all means, report him if it makes you feel better.

Just now, JRMC said:

Harassment is prejudicial. By all means, report him if it makes you feel better.

I'm not going to report him. If the guy he bothered is annoyed enough- he will. It's not my problem, and it's not like I have proof of his self proclaimed actions. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill here, m8.

Just now, Stratego89 said:

I'm not going to report him. If the guy he bothered is annoyed enough- he will. It's not my problem, and it's not like I have proof of his self proclaimed actions. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill here, m8.

I'm the one making a mountain of a mole hill when you're the one overexaggerating? Our differences are a bit off, don't you think? Seems like you're the only one that agrees that he tormented another player, or something along those lines, however you define harassment. It's, like, your opinion, man.

Just now, JRMC said:

I'm the one making a mountain of a mole hill when you're the one overexaggerating? Our differences are a bit off, don't you think? Seems like you're the only one that agrees that he tormented another player, or something along those lines, however you define harassment. It's, like, your opinion, man.

Funny considering the one exaggerating is you. I never said he tormented- just harassed and acted antagonistic. That's not torment. Torment would be actually hurting the person in some way. Yes. It's my opinion. it's also the opinion of everyone else here and I don't see you having said this to any of them. It's my opinion, so why do you care?

Yes, you have to buy it afterwards or prepare for a ban like in real life XD

In all seriousness though please don't be a troll, no one likes them. 900p is maybe a bit over the top price for an ember prime set, considering the usual price for a set is now 6-700p.

4 hours ago, DPBR8 said:

Thanks for the cool story, added you on ignore list.

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

Dictionary definition of harassment: "The act of disturbing or pestering". What he did is the exact dictionary definition of harassing someone. He said himself he wanted to troll someone- that's what trolling is, harassment.

Since the world "troll" surfaced on the internet its misuse has increased greatly. Many people think trolling means pulling out a prank, messing with someone playfully, etc. If he was trolling, he would have done worse than just waste someone else's time.

Edited by JRMC