The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

10 hours ago, Unus said:

AH! You colloborate with her often suh? Just started meeting with her recently to help her with quest story fluff an Relay accessories! As an aside, what's this skin based on? I'm getting alotta Hawaiian influence pouring off this one for some reason.

i did an initial draft that i shared in concepts and missmarifire was kind enough to colab on it and do some tweaks to the design the end result  was nice,  original also shown below; after that i did  my own tweaks to fit to the draft and colored, it was actually mentioned a few times when the whole "nova" deluxe that we have was shown

origional 

Spoiler

nova_deluxe_draft_1_by_drkmako-da29q51.jpg

missmarifires work and the result 

Spoiler

Related imageImage result for nova empressImage result for nova empress 

9 hours ago, arch111 said:

That looks promising! I could regognise the design straight away.

Very cool, this is gonna be good :)

i thought youd enjoy seeing it xD 

im happy missmarifire agreed to work with me on the tennogen version , she started chugging out ideas like crazy it was awesome,  ill be submitting this as a colab between us once its done  

the new tennogen round 7 also had a colab one so at least its a chance well get some work done 

also your swords coming along nice :) 

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

@(Xbox One) EternalDrk Mako what are you using for textures and tintmask? 

I am testing this out now in ZBRUSH and Photoshop and after a few days of frustration I am finally getting the hang of it.

3dcoat ! it creates all those in house while i work : ) 

its like the zbrushs poly paint , photoshop meets the substance painter 

it creates all the layers and such for me  

basically while i paint i can alter those layers in different fields like photoshop , add texture, and gloss, metal , transparency , emissives and set each to specific uvs :D 

C4gF-LtUYAEDcGe.jpgC3ycau1VUAA4cV_.jpg

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

3dcoat ! it creates all those in house while i work : ) 

its like the zbrushs poly paint , photoshop meets the substance painter 

it creates all the layers and such for me  

basically while i paint i can alter those layers in different fields like photoshop , add texture, and gloss, metal , transparency , emissives and set each to specific uvs :D 

C4gF-LtUYAEDcGe.jpgC3ycau1VUAA4cV_.jpg

3D coat eh? Have to check it out.

How does it look in TennoGen Viewer? 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the same as shown , but i havent checked the current set yet

Ok cool! Did you know what tint patterns you wanted or have you been finding the way as you go?

I find the big areas really hard, both in Nekros and Ash. I have compared to alot of frames and many are set up like this.

I am looking for the best way to give many color-choices, but damn its hard to decide!

- I am trying out Zbrush to paint in the tintcolor, then clean it up if I need to in Photoshop.

I still find the maps a bit confusing, but I guess it will alo make sense at some point :D

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i did an initial draft that i shared in concepts and missmarifire was kind enough to colab on it and do some tweaks to the design the end result  was nice,  original also shown below; after that i did  my own tweaks to fit to the draft and colored, it was actually mentioned a few times when the whole "nova" deluxe that we have was shown

origional 

Reveal hidden contents

nova_deluxe_draft_1_by_drkmako-da29q51.jpg

missmarifires work and the result 

Reveal hidden contents

Related imageImage result for nova empressImage result for nova empress 

i thought youd enjoy seeing it xD

also your swords coming along nice :) 

Now you got me hyped man!

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Ok cool! Did you know what tint patterns you wanted or have you been finding the way as you go?

I find the big areas really hard, both in Nekros and Ash. I have compared to alot of frames and many are set up like this.

I am looking for the best way to give many color-choices, but damn its hard to decide!

- I am trying out Zbrush to paint in the tintcolor, then clean it up if I need to in Photoshop.

I still find the maps a bit confusing, but I guess it will alo make sense at some point :D

pretty much as i go and play about 

i tend to want the useres to have control over the major points of the unit , my concern is the downrender as we can post it at a higher res per the submission [2k?] but then its tuned down on actual posting, witht he new tennogens ive gotten i can see the alterations have a change in this depth , so has me worried 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

pretty much as i go and play about 

i tend to want the useres to have control over the major points of the unit , my concern is the downrender as we can post it at a higher res per the submission [2k?] but then its tuned down on actual posting, witht he new tennogens ive gotten i can see the alterations have a change in this depth , so has me worried 

It feels like intentionally or just because of the shaders of the engine;  there is a blurring or a smoothing across colors.

Too fine or too big details may end up looking weird in the game but they look fine outside.

What are you worried about exactly? I think the last batch was among the best in terms of details and colors.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

depth i think is my worry i guess, i noticed the ash and mag have a depth then it looks flat  at angles ;/ [kinda bugs me] 

sad part my tv [which i use for my pc able to do this stuff, just fried D: ] 

That sucks! Hate hardware failures.

The depth as in normals? That is sometimes really visible no matter how great the design is.

53 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive found my art looks different on different machines [which is odd] so while i can do that ^ , it will always looks different to different people o. o i feel 

Try a gradient? Might bring it out more maby.