Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noobalert

(PSN)Slagader

Question

So after playing destiny i was looking for another game. Warframe it is.

Normaly i dont have any problem to learn a game but warframe is something else.

I looked at forums and other sites but still not really know S#&$. 

So i got like 200k credits but whatcann i buy with that. I dont mind spending some real money.

So what is the purpose of this game?

And how do i get new chars? 

16 answers to this question

Thx i will take a look at the videos and try some weapons. But what if i spend real money on a warframe do i still need to look for the blueprints or is it instant unlocked. Because then i rather spend some money for a new warframe and in the mean time while playing the new warframe looking for more blueprints and lvl up.

Warframe wikia, is the best guide for your needs.

Weapons BP and Warframe BP with a bunch of other BP are in the market

Joining a Clan with a Completed Labs offer a ton more BP to craft.

To craft a frame(Regular), Beat a boss multiple times, to get the parts, Systems, Chassis and Helment, and be sure to buy the main BP in the market,

The purpose is to have fun. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Do not spend any money on non-permanent items(Rushing), or on the market's weapons.

Fashion Frame is the end game, but the bundle that suits you....or that you want.

Craft them, trust me, it far better and cheaper to do such.

Use the site to find what you want to get, and then check how to get it.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.+Grammar +Info

Oh, man. The new player experience doesn't do anything to help people out. 

To answer your questions:

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Slagader said:

but whatcann i buy with that

Ok, go to the "Market" in your ship, then go to the "Weapons" tab and select "Weapon Blueprints". From those prints, you can build that weapon for yourself. You'd think that's obvious, but you'd also be surprised. Weapon picks vary from person-to-person, but a good and cheap starter is the Karak rifle, IMO. Just something to use while you rank up. Same case with both the Vasto and Viper, both secondary weapons and both decent for starting out. The starting melee weapons aren't worth replacing before you rank up, but the Dual Ether Swords are cheap and work well enough if you decide you don't like your current ones.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Slagader said:

And how do i get new chars?

For a new Frame, you have to kill bosses to get part blueprints (unless you spend real money), so you can hold off on getting any of those yet. 

Overall, it can be simple if you take it slowly and make sure to ask questions when you are confused. 

Any recommendations really depend on the way you play, so results may vary.

Have fun and welcome to Warframe!

The purpose of this game is to have fun. Hahahaha that means grinding to your heart content. You get new characters by using that 200k to buy blueprints of the warframes. Then you would need to fight the bosses in each node to acquire said warframe parts. Then when you acquire all the parts of a certain warframe, you build it at your foundry. Then wait a couple of days, then ta dah warframe is finished building. You level it up to 30, put some mods on it, and finally repeat this process if you forma the warframe, or repeat process with other frames.

I advise you to watch some youtube guide on game. iFlynn has nice series that I've watched as well and it helped me a lot.

Warframe is bit demanding and not terribly newbie friendly game with some learning curve but it will reward you well for your effort cause it's quite awesome, to say it simply. 

2 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

I advise you to watch some youtube guide on game. iFlynn has nice series that I've watched as well and it helped me a lot.

Warframe is bit demanding and not terribly newbie friendly game with some learning curve but it will reward you well for your effort cause it's quite awesome, to say it simply. 

there is also Mogamu and Tactical Potato. those 2 are really good as well.

OP-if you need assistance, add me on PS4 and i will do my best to help you

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Slagader said:

what if i spend real money on a warframe

You pay plat for a frame in the market, it's instantly yours, there's no build time or materials, the frame comes with its own slot, and it comes with an Orokin Reactor (slang: gold potato) already installed, so it will have 60 mod capacity instead of 30.  This being said, with the possible exception of Vauban, this is a really, really, poor use of money.  Best possible thing to do with plat early on (if you're going to buy some) is slots, reactors, and catalysts.

Didn't see anyone mention this - there's some weapons (sorta starter weapons but not quite so low tier) that can be bought for credits from the market, not plat.  Braton, for example.  Which is a fantastic starter auto rifle.

Additional note that was really hard for me when I came over from Destiny.  While there are top tier weapons, it's nowhere near cut and dry as lemme-go-solo-Crota-with-my-Gjallarhorn (Year 1 player, dunno what replaced it).  Power comes from the mods, which can be picked up in trade chat, as well as found along the way.  If you're looking to jumpstart yourself with some plat, buying some mods is going to get you MUCH further along than buying a frame from the market.  To make sure you don't get swindled, you can check this site.  This dependency on mods also makes the level scaling a bit weird.  The first time you fight 35-40 content you will, in all likelihood, get facerolled by it.  Fast forward a few months, and you'll be easily capable of handling 35-40 content with a completely unlevelled frame.  Again, it's all about the modding.

Final note:  The three starter frames - Excal is gotten from the Pluto boss, so if you didn't get him, kinda ouch; Volt's from clan tech, so you have to be in a clan to get him, and Mag is crazy easy to get, as she drops from the Mars boss.  Planets are unlocked by beating bosses.  Earth boss is a little weird.  Google any planet's nav segment, the wiki article will come right up.  Welcome, have fun, and if you need help and see me online, feel free to send me a message!

The purpose is mainly to have fun, collect, meet players along the way and become a badass ninja with guns, powers and parkour-like moves. You can also be part of a clan and have access to a dojo afterwards. There is certain stories involved in the main missions too.

Warframe blueprints, can be obtained in the market with credits. Same goes for weapon bps, gear. You can also purchase warframes and bundles with platinum. They include slots which normally costs 20p itself.

Warframe* parts, Credits,resources, objects, mods and experience are rewarded after doing any mission. Players often go "farming" or "grind"  for these various things in different missions found in the solar system including warframe parts. You can know this by cross referencing any item name in the game with "warframe" and "wiki" ex : "Valkyr wiki" there should be a page for anything you like.

Prime parts are found in the void. These are used to make prime warframes and weapons. The blueprints however can only be found in the void and in the trading chat section where other players can sell, trade and buy primed items and mods.

Platinum* is an in-game currency that can be obtained by purchasing on this site or by trading with players. I suggest you spend it very wisely.

*Warframe : chars, frames, avatars..etc

For the rest I think you can begin you journey on your own and meet other players who can also bring more in depth info, especially if you write in region chat. ^-^

Thx i will take a look at the videos and try some weapons. But what if i spend real money on a warframe do i still need to look for the blueprints or is it instant unlocked. Because then i rather spend some money for a new warframe and in the mean time while playing the new warframe looking for more blueprints and lvl up.

As always, I recommend reading my guide.  As far as weapons, Karak got me from MR 4, and with 2 forma, to MR 8, where I finally gave in to the hype about how awesome Soma was.  Never looked back until Boltor Prime came out.

Nowadays, I recommend Tonkor, Boar, Boar Prime, Soma, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Braton Prime, Karak Wraith, Amprex, and if you can deal with the fire rate, Paris Prime, Dread, Rakta Cernos, and Opticor.

Beyond that, you'll enjoy many weapons on your way to farming up epic mods, and a ton of weapons will be simply leveled up, then thrown out.

Also, join a clan, you can check their presentation at the recruitment section on this forum, and then do some runs with your clan mates. A good clan has members that teach new players all facets of the game.