Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus XP Help Post Patch 18.7.0

KoshLovesYou

Question

It looks like Focus XP got nerfed in a recent patch, though searching through the last few patch notes doesn't reveal any comments on it. Maybe 'Convergence' was the term I should have searched for; kudos to anyone who can find the patch notes regarding this.

But my actual questions: Post this cut to Convergence gains, what's an ideal method of gaining Focus XP? Are there new differences between Focus XP gained during Convergence via weapons, warframes, and melee?

The wiki doesn't seem to have updated comments on any recent changes, so some feedback/in the know info would be appreciated. Getting Polluted Waters to be a bit less painful would be helpful.

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, KoshLovesYou said:

what's an ideal method of gaining Focus XP? Are there new differences between Focus XP gained during Convergence via weapons, warframes, and melee?

Also, I run a rj in draco and run off with about 15k-12k (greater lens) every one round.

Can't say much about the numbers during Convergence, but best methods for earning focus atm.

Level 30+ Exterminates while melee stealth kills (stealth affinity multiplier bonus). Ideally solo to avoid alerting enemies too often, stealth frame req. Lens on melee weapon. 

Draco on Ceres. Take a big nuker frame and hog/cover/run the tileset for kills. Solo (challenge mode is real) or multiplayer. Lens on frame.

Some people will give you some huge number gains but forget to mention if affinity booster, beware.

7 hours ago, Souldend78 said:

Can't say much about the numbers during Convergence, but best methods for earning focus atm.

Level 30+ Exterminates while melee stealth kills (stealth affinity multiplier bonus). Ideally solo to avoid alerting enemies too often, stealth frame req. Lens on melee weapon. 

Draco on Ceres. Take a big nuker frame and hog/cover/run the tileset for kills. Solo (challenge mode is real) or multiplayer. Lens on frame.

Some people will give you some huge number gains but forget to mention if affinity booster, beware.

Dang. I was hoping for stuff that wasn't focused on solo (since this IS a multiplayer game) or on 'Sit And Milk' powerleveling. But that does seem to currently be the only way to get realistic levels.

It looks like convergence pops more frequently, but is giving less mob credit. Either that, or my greater lenses are glitching. Thanks either way.