The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The current state of bipedal movement

Chef_Lu_Bu

Check out Furion, his 4 turns him into a beast. That's probably the closest we're ever gonna get to a different kind of warframe, as it would take a ton of time and money to animate and adapt the shared animations for a fully-quadrupedal frame.

it would be nice to see a Quadripedal frame, or one that slithers like a snake for example, but here's why I reckon this won't happen 9or why we won't se it for a long time.

- how are they supposed to Parkour around? Tenno are supposed to reach places that nobody else can, I don't see how a "Snake frame" or whatever can suddenly Bullet jump several meters straight up. plus it would look kind of ridiculous.

- I'm pretty sure it doesn't rub well with the Lore in any way, as the Human form is the dominant form in all races except the Infested and to some degree, Sentients. it also feels like, to me at least, that DE would simply be ripping off Mythical Creatures for the sake of making a new frame, and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

- finally, there's the technical aspect. it likely takes ages to get a Bipedal frame walking properly, especially if it has oddly-shaped Feet/legs. (Strega Trinity for example, that riled up an old debate about a long-forgotten Chinese Custom). how long do you think it would take to correctly program an Arachnid frame to walk properly without clipping through the floor or glitching out elsewhere? it would probably be a nightmare!

I would like an Arachnid frame though. lets see if the Grineer are scared of Spiders....

Honestly, I don't see it happening as you want it to. 

Parkour and movement is such a huge aspect of the game and going with a non standard character model just means that you need to redo every animation, or lock out that frame from using those manuevers. 

I could see a spider frame happening, but more likely with a transform ability for spider form 

33 minutes ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

All the warframes are just skinned excaliburs. You can tell on the loading screen occasionally as it's loads excal first then your last used warframe.

Anything that couldn't be based on that skeleton won't be incorporated

They can make a custom animation with an Excalibur model on all four though.

Pffrrttrrt I just imagined the whole scene! :3

On 3/31/2016 at 4:42 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- how are they supposed to Parkour around? Tenno are supposed to reach places that nobody else can, I don't see how a "Snake frame" or whatever can suddenly Bullet jump several meters straight up. plus it would look kind of ridiculous.

Crouching would coil the snake-frame, and bullet jump would just be like how snakes strike. Coil then shoot out at (relatively) extreme speed, going airborne. This would work for all directions.